Login Search

El Niņo's NHL Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by bouchot View Post
anybody else likes the ducks for -1.5 against the canucks?
i mean they are 7-0 at home and will lose sometime but they have great depth on all the sides of the puck the definately have the best first line of the nfl with perry getzlaf and penner and lines 2 and 3 can compete with any other on the league on the net what can i say hiller anderson and the injured viktor fasth, ducks are 10-0-1 when penner gets dressed and the canucks had a tought 5-1 loss last night against the kings while the ducks outscored buffallo 6-2 on friday
I will be taking a look at Anaheim to win in the 1st 60 min. I have to say, with the Canucks coming to a b2b and playing the Ducks who have been unbeatable at home, -165 is much lower than I thought I would see for an opening line. Take that for what you will.

11/10

Anaheim Ducks Regulation (-105) BookMaker

YTD
33-24 +10.59u

Not in love with this play. Just something for action. Not sure if I have my tinfoil hat on, but I expected to see Anaheim (-180) ish for the opening line. Just riding the home hotness of the Ducks. Luongo not in not, the backup seems to be ok but he should face a lot of galvanized rubber and there should be a lot of scoring chances for the Ducks in transition. I'm not sure the Canucks can skate with them.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

bald_guy gave El Nino 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sometimes when we watch a lot of hockey, we develop harmful observational biases that are hard to shed. I think I've fallen victim to this with the Ducks. My impression of them is that they are a team that has done the minimum in most instances to win games. They've managed to pull off some victories on the scoreboard, but lost the "effort" score that's not reported in the boxscore. I will be watching because in my opinion, hockey is one of the most exciting sports to watch and tonight features a good match-up. GL gents!

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
Sometimes when we watch a lot of hockey, we develop harmful observational biases that are hard to shed. I think I've fallen victim to this with the Ducks. My impression of them is that they are a team that has done the minimum in most instances to win games. They've managed to pull off some victories on the scoreboard, but lost the "effort" score that's not reported in the boxscore. I will be watching because in my opinion, hockey is one of the most exciting sports to watch and tonight features a good match-up. GL gents!
I hear ya. When I watched the Ducks play the Yotes the first time, I thought they looked like garbage and were very lucky to win. The Ducks were very flat and were lucky to get a fluke goal to send it to OT. The next time they played, the Ducks dominated. The Ducks dominated the Rangers as well I thought. The box score shows the Rangers had more shots, hits, faceoffs won, but it was clear who was getting the scoring chances and flying through the neutral zone. The Ducks are fun to watch when they are clicking. Almost looks effortless in how they gain the zone. Lots of talent on that squad.

tail-gating quietly as usual, Nino...but whenever u post a -0.5reg like this, i play it as -1full-game...for almost-entirely psychological reasons...

cuz if the team i'm on -0.5r gives up a late tying goal...i wanna put a brick thru whatever screen i'm watching the game at...

but if it happens when i'm on them -1f, the bastids still have a crack at getting a push, and even if they lose in OT...i'm somehow less pissed off than if I was forced to eat my $ on the basis of a goddam tie (or, having to settle for a push on a 1-goal regulation win)

everything's a tradeoff, but the way I'm wired, i'd be willing to pay a few extra cents for the this psychological-cushioning effect (in fact, i don't have to cuz the -1f is usually slightly-cheaper than the -0.5r)...

keep up the brilliant work bro..."Nino's NHL" is one of the steadiest sbr threads going

Go Ducks!!!
Last edited by fitguy67; 11-10-13 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
11/10

Anaheim Ducks Regulation (-105) BookMaker

YTD
33-24 +10.59u

Not in love with this play. Just something for action. Not sure if I have my tinfoil hat on, but I expected to see Anaheim (-180) ish for the opening line. Just riding the home hotness of the Ducks. Luongo not in not, the backup seems to be ok but he should face a lot of galvanized rubber and there should be a lot of scoring chances for the Ducks in transition. I'm not sure the Canucks can skate with them.
NINO

havent been betting hockey long enough to realize who are public teams.....for example NFL : Dallas.....etc. with often inflated lines...I kind of look at Vancouver as that no?

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
tail-gating quietly as usual, Nino...but whenever u post a -0.5reg like this, i play it as -1full-game...for almost-entirely psychological reasons...

cuz if the team i'm on -0.5r gives up a late tying goal...i wanna put a brick thru whatever screen i'm watching the game at...

but if it happens when i'm on them -1f, the bastids still have a crack at getting a push, and even if they lose in OT...i'm somehow less pissed off than if I was forced to eat my $ on the basis of a goddam tie (or, having to settle for a push on a 1-goal regulation win)

everything's a tradeoff, but the way I'm wired, i'd be willing to pay a few extra cents for the -1 because of this psychological cushioning effect (in fact, i don't have to cuz the -1f is usually slightly-cheaper than the -0.5r)...

keep up the brilliant work bro..."Nino's NHL" is one of the steadiest sbr threads going

Go Ducks!!!
Thanks, fitter

Ton of steam of the Canucks before puck drop. Getzlaf a late scratch and Andersen in net instead of Hiller with a late switch.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
NINO

havent been betting hockey long enough to realize who are public teams.....for example NFL : Dallas.....etc. with often inflated lines...I kind of look at Vancouver as that no?
NHL bettors usually go with streaks. When a team gets hot or starts winning a lot at home, they get piled on. Anaheim, Chicago, San Jose, etc. Chicago, New York Rangers, Toronto usually public teams. Detroit at home, Vancouver. I'm prob missing some, but it's similar to bases, the bigger the city, the more people backing them, the hot teams get more love.