Login Search

El Niņo's NHL Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
10/1

Washington Capitals (+155) 5Dimes

YTD
0-0

First play of the 2013-14 season, boys! As I mentioned above, I'm fading the defending Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks as they raise their Stanley Cup banner to the rafters. Call it a Stanley Cup hangover, call it a slow start, whatever...as I said, 4 of the last 5 Stanley Cup Champions (3 straight) have lost their home opener the following season. Hossa and Handzus haven't played a preseason game yet, I expect the 2nd line to be rusty for the Blackhawks. When the Capitals are healthy, they have the offensive weapons to hang with any team in the league. Green is healthy and their PP is deadly. I expect Crawford to come back to Earth a little bit this season. Way too much value here on the Caps to pass up. Enjoy opening night, boys!
totally agree that there is value here, but instead i'll be playing the over just because i think that's the safer bet. if i had to pick a side to bet on it would be the caps though

I cant disagree with that analysis sir....Crawford has always had those humongous pads also...the new rule might hurt him the most. Washington's defense is spotty...alzner is really the only one who is a good defender, green can score, especially on the PP...but he is a god awful defender lol. Chicago's defense is absolutely sick..

Also kind of weird but...Ovechkin and Grabovski are both known for tucking in their jersey's while they play...with the new rules they are no longer able to do that.....this may be minutia but I could see that affecting their performance early on in the season. Last 5 meetings between the two teams...home team has won 4.