Login Search

El Niņo's NHL Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
I'm actually looking to get a nice price on Washington. Fade the champs hanging the banner. Just like LA got trounced in their home opener last season. I don't think Crawford repeats last year either. The value will be on the Caps.

You ou had to bring last seasons opener up

Goid is luck this year Nino
Last edited by Vegas39; 09-30-13 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
You ou had to bring last seasons opener up

Goid is luck this year Nino
Sorry, pal.

BOL to you as well.

To note, your Kings (2012) have company: the Boston Bruins (2011), Chicago Blackhawks (2010), and Detroit Red Wings (2008) also lost their home opener after hoisting the banner to the rafters. That makes 4 out of the last 5 Stanley Cup Champions. The only team out of the last 5 Champions to win their home opener the following season was the Pittsburgh Penguins (2009).

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post
I just want to know who developed the Metropolitan Division??? I was wondering what they were going to call it with the words Eastern and Atlantic already taken. Cutting edge NHL stuff
Haha I like it. Seems fancy, like roarin' 20's shit. Speak easies and whores. I hail from the Metropolitan Division.

Nothing is worse than the Big 10's divisions: The Leaders and The Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
Nino good luck this year, will be in here often to discuss. gonna wait a week or so to get a feel for the teams a bit before lettin anything ride.

I look forward to it, pal. My only play opening night will be the Caps. Seeing +155 on Reduced @ Dimey...thinking the public will be all over the defending champs. Hopefully I can get a better number before puck drop. I will also be waiting in the weeds a little the first few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
Nino do you think the smaller goalie pads affect many. King Henrik looked like crap in preseason
Yup,

jon quick will give up 5 goals/ game.

Seriously though I expect a small increase in goals,

some goalies have 2.5 inches less on each pad.

there will be more 5 hole goals since the 80's.
Last edited by boeing power; 09-30-13 at 03:55 PM.