Already locked in: Chicago Series (-118) 5.9u to win 5u

Added:

M. Handzus Series Points (-120)
vs. J. Jagr Series Points (-120) 2.4u
No Double OT in Series (-280) 2.8u
Total Goals in Series Under 27 Goals (-120) 1.2u
Boston/Chicago Series Won't End in 5 Games (-357) 3.57u

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Boston will be too physical. Yes kings were I know but Boston can actually score too.
Boston has 4 scoring lines. They play a lot like Detroit where anyone can score. The only difference is they are bigger and their goalie is playing ridiculous. Boston in 6.
Quote Originally Posted by Blutarski View Post
Bruins D is better than LA's they'll clear the area in front of the net and force Chicago to the perimeter. Not saying they can't score from there but Rask won't get beat on too many screens. Expect Lucic to play a big role in this series. They won't be able to move him from in front of the net.

this has the makings of a GREAT final series...both teams have worked thru their "scared straight" mediocre period (Boston with the Loafs and Chicago with the Wings) and have been solidly in the "zone" for quite a while now

Chicago's been a great team all season...Boston's really just gelled as a team over the last two series...(the accuracy of the posts i quote above are definitely true now...but they have just really become true over the last few weeks...)

the odds should be much closer to a pick'em than they are...this makes it easy to identify the value-based bet here...but does absolutely nothing to help win it

when u watch late-stage hockey playoff games...you realize just how badly basketball compares entertainment-wise...hockey is riveting/exciting...basketball is at best merely "tense" (and that's only if you have a bet on it...otherwise it's just over-officiated annoying crap)
Last edited by fitguy67; 06-12-13 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post

Drain the gas tanks on the first night. Every one of these games might be 1 goal games..
Original 6 teams...original 6 quality hockey...

BUT in the 6 team league there were only TWO--not FOUR--series to get thru to win the cup...

this is brutal war of attrition...i doubt if there's anyone dressed for either team without an injury that'd keep most basketball players on the sidelines...

hockey players and rugby players, man...tough as they come...like having an MMA fight scheduled every single month...these guys are paid well but they do give it their all and are tough as nails...

you just KNOW this is gonna be a great series (no matter ow many games it lasts)...every game will be a war like this one

So many buried guys. Feel for them. I am tired after first period of a beer league 15 min run time. Bananas pedialite. Goal will be a fukked up play I already know it.
pretty spot on - two deflections into the net.

El Nino, how do you feel about your Chicago series bet? I personally thought Boston looked like the better team last night. Had several more quality chances in the OTs and had a 2-goal lead in the 3rd. Thought Chicago was extremely lucky to get a W there as their last two goals were pretty lucky. not discrediting them, there's a reason you send the puck to the net! never know what kind of bounce/deflection you're going to get, but thought Boston had more "quality" chances.

Any chance for you to hedge your Chicago series bet with a Boston series bet and lock in some profit?

Not to sound like Boston doesn't have a lot of other weapons, but with Horton out that's a pretty big blow. That guy was huge for them and their lines were scrambled and off ever since. Not sure if he'll be back next game or not or how severe that injury is/was but I might wait for some news on that before trying to hedge. Just my two cents from a smaller fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
pretty spot on - two deflections into the net.

El Nino, how do you feel about your Chicago series bet? I personally thought Boston looked like the better team last night. Had several more quality chances in the OTs and had a 2-goal lead in the 3rd. Thought Chicago was extremely lucky to get a W there as their last two goals were pretty lucky. not discrediting them, there's a reason you send the puck to the net! never know what kind of bounce/deflection you're going to get, but thought Boston had more "quality" chances.

Any chance for you to hedge your Chicago series bet with a Boston series bet and lock in some profit?
No hedging. Everyone wants to look at it like Boston had the 2-goal lead, they looked better. I look at it like Boston blew a 2 goal lead, Rask gave up 4 goals. Chicago led in shots on goal, hits, and faceoffs for most of the game. They dominated shots on goal by double digits through the 3rd period and most of the OT's. Horton looks to be hurt and if that is the case it weakens Boston's strongest line. Chicago's D is tough and physical and the Blackhawks came out hitting. If these games are going to continue to go over the posted totals, I give the edge to the Blackhawks. Heard a stat that the Game 1 winner wins the cup 72ish% of the time. -118 is still a great # on the Blackhawks. Doesn't seem worth it for 1.5ish u profit on a series bet. Ridin' it out.