Login Search

El Niņo's NHL Thread

Last Post

As I mentioned earlier, I was 1-5 -3u on Series and Exact Results/Games Played Bets for the 2nd Round going into the Blackhawks game. I had 2 series wagers on the Blackhawks: One @ (-290) 5.8u to win 2u and another @ (-265) 5.3u to win 2u. Those cashed to win 4u. So the total record for the 2nd Round Series and Exact Results/Games Played Bets is: 3-5 +1u

YTD

140-128-2 +42.86u

Playoff Record
37-43 +13.84u

Pending Wagers
The 2nd Leg of Los Angeles Kings (-155)/Pittsburgh Penguins (-170) Money Line Parlay 1.86u to win 3u
Pittsburgh Penguins Series (-190) 9.5u to win 5u
Boston Bruins Eastern Conference Champions (+400) 0.5u to win 2u

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
Pending Wagers
The 2nd Leg of Los Angeles Kings (-155)/Pittsburgh Penguins (-170) Money Line Parlay 1.86u to win 3u
Pittsburgh Penguins Series (-190) 9.5u to win 5u
Boston Bruins Eastern Conference Champions (+400) 0.5u to win 2u
Series Bets Boston Bruins/Pittsburgh Penguins
Now, I've bet every one of my series and prop bets at BookMaker. Most of the time, I have found better value on my series wagers at BM compared to 5Dimes (Chicago Blackhawks/Minnesota Wild -360 was the best I saw around). However, there is too much potential value that I am missing out on as I look at the prop lines at 5Dimes. Maybe these lines are so much better because they haven't been bet much yet. The following bets are all according to 5Dimes current lines.

Pittsburgh Wins Series 4-1 (+370) 1u
Boston/Pittsburgh Series Ends in 6 Games (+207) 1u
Pittsburgh Series Games Won -1.5 (+115) 2u

Stanley Cup Futures
Pittsburgh Penguins Win Stanley Cup (+150) 2u
Los Angeles Kings Win Stanley Cup (+380) 1u

Deucer, I just watched the OT again. Do you think Bolland could have been called with a boarding penalty on that hit that sprung Seabrook's goal? By the definition of the penalty, looks like it would have fit the bill.
I was thinking the same thing when I watched the replay. I think it probably could have gone either way but they likely didn't call it to make up for the bad call earlier. IT did help that the Detroit player (don't remember who it was) was already next to the boards and not heading full steam into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
I was thinking the same thing when I watched the replay. I think it probably could have gone either way but they likely didn't call it to make up for the bad call earlier. IT did help that the Detroit player (don't remember who it was) was already next to the boards and not heading full steam into them.
Yeah, I mean it was definitely Bolland's intent to bury him (can't remember Wings player either) and the Red Wings player was a ways off the boards and definitely hit the boards. It didn't help him that he was stationary and took all of Bolland's momentum with him into the boards. Looked like his helmet might have only grazed the boards though. I have a feeling if he'd have gone a little harder into the boards or have stayed down due to injury there almost would have to be a penalty called. Even in a Game 7 OT. It wasn't a charge, but Bolland came in with a lot of speed.

Quote Originally Posted by $nakes View Post
El Niņo, any way pit loses game one tonight in your opinion? I like them in reg.
I can without a doubt give you a 100% guarantee that the Penguins do not lose tonight...because Game 1 is Saturday June, 1st 8:00PM EDT

Ha.

But, I do like the Pens to win this series in 5 or 6 games and I have an open parlay on the Penguins money line for Game 1. Now how many games may go into OT...that's always a gamble. It's nice to save the juice, but always hurts when your team wins it in OT.

I can without a doubt give you a 100% guarantee that the Penguins do not lose tonight...because Game 1 is Saturday June, 1st 8:00PM EDT

Ha.

But, I do like the Pens to win this series in 5 or 6 games and I have an open parlay on the Penguins money line for Game 1. Now how many games may go into OT...that's always a gamble. It's nice to save the juice, but always hurts when your team wins it in OT.
Lol ya ya that's what I meant.... Haha thanks buddy. Always kills me to play reg and go into ot but its just so tempting! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
It was Nyquist, he didn't embellish because it was OT. To be honest no clue, initially I thought it was too but you can't cry over spilled milk now. The Wings should have closed it Monday when they imploded in the 3rd.
True, I only really took a few closer looks at it this morning on the replay. With all the so-so calls we saw in this particular series, would have been interesting to see what would have happened if they blew the whistle as Seabrook crossed the blue line.

Agree, Red Wings had their chance at home after 2 good periods. It's hard not to see this Kings/Blackhawks series going 7 as well. Let's hope it's just as entertaining...and profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
It was Nyquist, he didn't embellish because it was OT. To be honest no clue, initially I thought it was too but you can't cry over spilled milk now. The Wings should have closed it Monday when they imploded in the 3rd.
the dagger-blow of which was that questionable (even by regular-season standards) penalty shot that was "awarded"...for a non-impeding tap on Frolik's thigh (that--to his credit--he didn't embellish at all)...that gift penalty-shot in effect ended the game--unfairly and prematurely--for the wings...and the fans

along with that ridiculous (and dreadfully-timed) slew of "delay of game" calls when pucks inadvertently went over the glass in the Kings/Sharks series
________

both series were great...IN SPITE OF several cases of pedantic (to the point of being "invasive") officiating...

that called-back Hawks goal was merely the worst and most-memorable of a particularly-bad second-round batch of bad calls
Last edited by fitguy67; 05-31-13 at 02:05 AM.