Login Search

El Niņo's NHL Thread

Last Post

4/9

Chicago Blackhawks (-115) 3u
Dallas Stars (+120)

YTD
88-66-2 +35.24u

One more play in mind but waiting for the public to beat the opposite side up for some more value.

For the 3u pound play: Chicago will not lose 2 games in Minny. The Wild typically play the Blackhawks 4 times a season: 2 home, 2 away. The Wild have not swept the home end of a series 2-0 since the 2006-2007 season. Cullen and Heatley are out for the Wild while the Blackhawks get Sharp back. Backstrom is coming off a shutout against the Blue Jackets but he has been less than sharp in the games prior. He was pulled after a disastrous start in his prior road game against the Kings allowing 2 goals on 2 shots. Prior to the Kings game Backstrom has given up 3 goals or more in the previous 5 games (4 on the road against the Sharks, 4 at home to the Blues, 3 at home to the Kings, 3 at home to the Coyotes, 4 on the road to Dallas). Pound the Blackhawks with confidence.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Roadkill86 gave El Nino 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
4/9

Chicago Blackhawks (-115) 3u
Dallas Stars (+120)

YTD
88-66-2 +35.24u

One more play in mind but waiting for the public to beat the opposite side up for some more value.

For the 3u pound play: Chicago will not lose 2 games in Minny. The Wild typically play the Blackhawks 4 times a season: 2 home, 2 away. The Wild have not swept the home end of a series 2-0 since the 2006-2007 season. Cullen and Heatley are out for the Wild while the Blackhawks get Sharp back. Backstrom is coming off a shutout against the Blue Jackets but he has been less than sharp in the games prior. He was pulled after a disastrous start in his prior road game against the Kings allowing 2 goals on 2 shots. Prior to the Kings game Backstrom has given up 3 goals or more in the previous 5 games (4 on the road against the Sharks, 4 at home to the Blues, 3 at home to the Kings, 3 at home to the Coyotes, 4 on the road to Dallas). Pound the Blackhawks with confidence.
Sounds like a lot of confidence in Blackhawks, why not take them "in Regulation"?

Quote Originally Posted by TC Woods View Post
Sounds like a lot of confidence in Blackhawks, why not take them "in Regulation"?
I've been losing a few more regulation bets that would have won on the $ line lately. As confident as I am, it is still difficult to win on the road in the NHL. I give the Blackhawks a distinct skill advantage in OT and the shootout if it comes to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
The Blackhawks are a team the is skilled enough to win a large proportion of their OT/SO games.....certain games I like them to win in reg, but that is usually when they are too large a fave.....here they are only -115, and I would pay that difference to have OT added....good call.
agreed. Plus on larger bet it is nice to have the insurance of a ML should it come to that. On large bets, sucks to have the right team win but not cash. Also, this especially makes sense for the Blackhawks, they tend to play lots of games close and go to OT/SO pretty often. They also win in OT/SO pretty often so this is definitely the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
The Blackhawks are a team the is skilled enough to win a large proportion of their OT/SO games.....certain games I like them to win in reg, but that is usually when they are too large a fave.....here they are only -115, and I would pay that difference to have OT added....good call.
I broke down and played both OT Included and Regulation.....lol, the +147 was too tough to resist.

GL Nino..Stars pushing for the playoffs..got no feel for that Hawks game though. I think the Hawks just clinched last night so no play on that but they are still battling for #1 with the Ducks trying to fly under the radar and catch 'em..Gonna wait till Thurs. and pound the hell out of the Kings... 5-1 KIngs Thurs.....