El Niņo's NHL Thread

Last Post

hey Nino

when you're liking a fave, i notice that you weigh the relative merits of
*ML,
*-0.5 reg, and
*-1.5 (aka. PL)
when deciding how to play it

But for a dog you like...seems to always be a ML play...

so was wondering if you'd ever consider the other two ways to play a dog=
* +0.5 reg
*+1.5 (aka. reverse PL)

...the +0.5 reg seems especially tantalizing to me, as it is a relatively low-cost way to get a "two-way" bet (ie. both reg win or draw will cash)...a nice way to win if your dog plays well (knocks that heartbreaking OT/SO crap out of the equation)...the +1.5 never has the same lure to me, but thot' i'd roll it into the same "ask the capper?" item
Last edited by fitguy67; 03-22-13 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
hey Nino

when you're liking a fave, i notice that you weigh the relative merits of
*ML,
*-0.5 reg, and
*-1.5 (aka. PL)
when deciding how to play it

But for a dog you like...seems to always be a ML play...

so was wondering if you'd ever consider the other two ways to play a dog=
* +0.5 reg
*+1.5 (aka. reverse PL)

...the +0.5 reg seems especially tantalizing to me, as it effectively gives you a two-way winner (ie. both reg win or draw will cash)
Reverse PL are garbage most of the time due to the -225ish juice you will normally lay. Not a fan of them due to the unpredictability of the empty netter. I thought about playing one on the Bluejackets against the Blackhawks. +1.5 was (-115). I was going to hit it if it got to evens but it stayed (-115 - -130ish). BookMaker doesn't have the +0.5 option. I did use the +1.5 as parlay fodder in the Coyotes/Blackhawks series and the Rangers/Capitals series in last years playoffs.

thanks...about what I expected re: the reverse puckline...

the -0.5 option for dogs=yet another reason (among many as you know as a MMA fan) to post up at Dimey...

but when u do, keep funds in BM...cuz apparently, it's the best (certainly the best open to US'rs) for MMA live-bets...in fact, I'm going to post up about 300 bucks to BM, just for this purpose (I'll cash in a ton of SBR-pts to credit the ac, so i can avoid that whole p2p hassle)

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
thanks...about what I expected re: the reverse puckline...

the -0.5 option for dogs=yet another reason (among many as you know as a MMA fan) to post up at Dimey...

but when u do, keep funds in BM...cuz apparently, it's the best (certainly the best open to US'rs) for MMA live-bets...in fact, I'm going to post up about 300 bucks to BM, just for this purpose (I'll cash in a ton of SBR-pts to credit the ac, so i can avoid that whole p2p hassle)
Yeah, 5dimes is looking more and more like something I have to do.

Cash Penguins

I disagree with the claim that reverse PL bets are garbage, taking the +1.5. If you know how to pick them you can do well, and they can also serve as a great hedge to cover a ML bet on the same game. It's true, open nets can be painful when laying a +1.5, however you will also win open nets when you play -1.5 just as often in the long run. The thing i love about +1.5 is when you have those really close games, it goes into OT and you know you've already locked your win in, and can't lose. Rather than sweating the OT and shootout with your ML bet hoping for the miracle, you already won. So there's good and bad to all bets, i'm simply pointing out the good that i think a lot of people miss.

I'm not saying you have to agree. That's the great things about sports betting, is everyone has their own things that they are good at.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
3/21

New York Rangers Regulation (-130) 2u
Winnipeg Jets Regulation (+110) 2u
Los Angeles Kings Regulation (-125)

YTD
70-48-1 +38.21u
went opposite of you... took the Caps.. they are on fire against the jets...

did a 2 team parlay with the pens and caps won some easy money

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
Where are you looking for today? I have been leaning Flyers in regulation.....such a great rivalry between the two teams, Philly will come to play AND the are +266 right now....

D2D
Yeah, value in that. Like the Pens a little better. Malkin and Letang are game time decisions.