Login Search

El Niņo's NHL Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by bald_guy View Post
With Bovada there is no regulation betting. You get 2 choices. Moneyline (which includes overtime/shootouts) and -1.5 or +1.5. The +1.5 is the underdog, and the -1.5 is the favorite. As an added twist, they give -xxx payout for +1.5 and +xxx payouts for -1.5.

Perhaps 5 dimes and BookMaker offer 3 ways to bet. Regulation, +-1.5 and ML?
Bovada has terrible lines for hockey and bases. You can get some value on dogs in NFL and the teasers are ok. It's a rec book.

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
When he bets 3 units at -150 he risks 300 to win 200 not risking 450 to win 300.
There are generally three possible ways of designating a set of x-unit bets...

A. "TO RISK"...here whether dogs or faves, you risk "x" to win whatever the odds imply. This is popular among Euro-bettors.

B. The American or "hybrid" system: here you risk "x" for dogs BUT you play faves TO WIN "x"...

AND there's another, far less popular method of betting (that I use and swear by)...it's...

C. "TO WIN". here you bet everything, whether dogs or faves to win the specified units (risking whatever the odds imply to do so)

Nino, I've always been assuming u've been using B, like most around here...but nbballa7's question (and it is a good one) and boeingpower's response (also a good one)...have me curious...

Do you operate the European "to risk" method, the American "hybrid" (dogs to risk/faves to win) system, or are you a fellow non-conformist and bet everything "to win".
Last edited by fitguy67; 03-19-13 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
No...he won two one unit plays, lost one 3 unit play.....throw in the juice and there ya go.

D2D

His 3 unit loss was at -150. Which makes is a 4.5 unit loss. I tailed so that is how I know how many units were lost.

im not trying to start anything I think Niņo is great, I just think it was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by nbballaz7 View Post
His 3 unit loss was at -150. Which makes is a 4.5 unit loss. I tailed so that is how I know how many units were lost.

im not trying to start anything I think Niņo is great, I just think it was a mistake.
3u lost is -3u @ -150 or -100000000. It's 3u risked, not to win 3u.

1u risked to win 1.05u on the over yesterday = +1.05u

1u risked to win 0.91u on the Kings = +0.91u

3u lost on Vancouver = -3u

1.05 + 0.91 = 1.96u subtract 3u lost = -1.04u

It's all in SBR's Spreadsheet. There are zero mistakes with my units.

Quote Originally Posted by nbballaz7 View Post

Please just read all of the above comments explaining why he did not make a mistake. Everyone has laid it out very clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
went big on Canadiens and Kings, took Pens for a medium play. Appears we are on the same teams today, GL tonight.
Quote Originally Posted by tombuckers View Post

Like your plays today Nino. GL.
Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
Like the picks, with you on Habs and Penguins in regulation. Still looking at the Blues, but will most likely play it as I have the Canucks on fade only alert and they are back to back. I just think they have been overvalued here for a while, missing Kesler and not Luongo not in top form.

Throwing in a play on the Devils. Rangers back to back and on a long run without two days off and travel between every game.
Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
Good luck El Niņo,

Letang is out for pens but hopefully they still roll.
Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
BOL Nino
Boys, BOL

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
As stated in post #1, All bets are to risk the specified #units unless otherwise stated. Looks like Bernier and Smith in net. Didn't realize that Smith was yanked after giving up 4 goals on 22 shots last night. Go Kings!
Nino, is that an accurate re-statement?...