Login Search

El Niņo's NHL Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
Good bet-sizing there dude...we hit the double-bagger to compensate for most of the damage from the 2 singletons that didn't hit.

Just lyk in poker...it isn't just how much you win when you win...
it's also how little you lose when you lose
Thanks, Fitter. This card was all about value town. I was obv. most confident in the Lightning (2u) and thought I'd pick up 1 out of the other 2 plays. Jets dropped their pants and Wild fought back to make it a game halfway through the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoBlackhawk View Post
you can do one of these all you want. I've been rolling in cash every game on the hawks lol. -195 or not

and all I said was you basing this game on how the Wild won in a S/O against the hawks early in the season on fluke alone was not very good reasoning. your trying to look cool winning a bet against the hawks.
Congrats. Link me to your thread with your daily picks, please. I would love to see how this strategy works out for you long term.

BOL on your wagers.

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
D2D...Residents of the USA are at a big disadvantage to most of the rest of the world when it comes to sports betting. A lot of the better cappers here, like Nino, have to live with this reality, yet still manage to do quite well even without access to the best prices. If you are one of the lucky ones and you find it's easy to always beat the quoted line...quietly enjoy this benefit...but it's not a good idea (it's not good etiquette) to rub your better prices in the OP's face...be grateful for the pick at the quoted price...and the fact that you can usually beat it..but don't remind the capper of the painful fact that they've got a bigger vig-burden than lots of their tailgaters.

If Nino had Matchy and Pinny he'd own the Wild

---------------

Nino, couldn't you switch your NHL and MLB betting to 5dimes...their prices are almost identical to Pinny's...but Bookmaker/DSI and Heritage are a good-deal crappier than that.... If I was US-res, I'd be 5dimes primarily for 80%-plus of my plays...with one of youwager/heritage/bm as secondary...and one of intertops/bovada for occasional square-priced bargain-outs...

It's always amazed me how well your doing with your NHL, having to rely on BM prices...5dimes are wayyyyy better for MLB/NHL than BM...(and are a must-have for MMA-weenies as well, as you know)

I am sorry, but 'rub it in his face' has NOTHING to do with anything I was trying to accomplish. If you read my thread you will understand that I am reasonably new to online capping. I have NO idea what challenges others go through.....I was actually just trying to help him.

I could have PM'd him I am sure.....but I am a regular reader of Nino and he has helped me out in the past....it was an honest question, and I was only wondering why he was't using a service like 5dimes......I have noticed many times that his lines seem a little off....and he has options!

BOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
I am sorry, but 'rub it in his face' has NOTHING to do with anything I was trying to accomplish. If you read my thread you will understand that I am reasonably new to online capping. I have NO idea what challenges others go through.....I was actually just trying to help him.

I could have PM'd him I am sure.....but I am a regular reader of Nino and he has helped me out in the past....it was an honest question, and I was only wondering why he was't using a service like 5dimes......I have noticed many times that his lines seem a little off....and he has options!

BOL
D2D I took no offense, pal. No worries. As a U.S. resident I'm basically stuck with BookMaker, 5dimes, Heritage, Bovada. Bovada usually has terrible lines on favorites, but you can pick up value on dogs at times, also late line releases. I tried creating a Heritage account last year and it says my zip code doesn't exist. 5dimes is prob the best on NHL, MLB, and MMA. The truth is, I had $ on my BookMaker account when I started the thread so I used that. I still line shop and use Pinny as the baseline when looking at the lines. I live within 4.5 hours of Vegas though, so I go a lot. Would rather have cash in hand then tied up in some third world shop, hoping to get paid some day in some instances. This thread is more for hobby. I went to Vegas at least 10 times during last football season. I prefer to make my large wagers there.

D2D, no worries guy...I know you're new (cuz your "My first day at SBR" is still on the 1st page in pt)...that's why i thot' i'd hit u with a bit of netiquette to smooth ur way. I've heard that in prison the innocent question "what're you in here for?" is considered offensive and many new prisoners find that out the hard way. So just telling you what i told you, as a fellow cell-mate.

From a pure "prices" perspective, If you are US-res...best you can do, by far, as a main book is 5dimes (as you have already discovered). But if you are non-US, consider adding Matchbook and Pinnacle (if you havn't already done so)...and your ability to "beat" the quoted price will increase even more...especially if you use a price-cmparison hub such as SBR's own

http://www.sbrforum.com/betting-odds/ to guide your shopping.

Last edited by fitguy67; 03-06-13 at 10:27 AM.