Login Search

El Niņo's NHL Thread

Last Post

Adding: Toronto Maple Leafs (-105) 2u

I'm going against all "correct" betting strategy here. Fading the opening dog who is now a favorite, fading the reverse line movement, fading the 4 game losing streak and all the chase bettors taking Florida at home. Florida is actually worse than their record. Tied for the lowest goals for in the East and the worst goal differential in the NHL @ -18. This is probably a losing bet, but Toronto should win here. Go Leafs!

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
Adding: Toronto Maple Leafs (-105) 2u

I'm going against all "correct" betting strategy here. Fading the opening dog who is now a favorite, fading the reverse line movement, fading the 4 game losing streak and all the chase bettors taking Florida at home. Florida is actually worse than their record. Tied for the lowest goals for in the East and the worst goal differential in the NHL @ -18. This is probably a losing bet, but Toronto should win here. Go Leafs!
My biggest bet of the day LOVE the Male Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
hockey-betting noob question...about regulation-only bets...

anyone feel free to chime in here,

if tied at end of 3periods...is it a push (lyk a "draw no bet") or a loss (lyk a "three-way")

i'd guess it's a push...but better to ask than ASSume
From what I understand if you pick a team to win in regulation and it goer into ot or shootout I believe it's a loss

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
hockey-betting noob question...about regulation-only bets...

anyone feel free to chime in here,

if tied at end of 3periods...is it a push (lyk a "draw no bet") or a loss (lyk a "three-way")

i'd guess it's a push...but better to ask than ASSume
Yeah, the regulation bets are 3 way bets. Either side and then the draw. If it goes to OT, the draw wins, the sides lose. The closest you have to a draw = no bet in hockey would probably be the +1.5 lines. They cash if the dog wins or goes to OT. They are ridiculously juiced.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
Wow awesome work in here!!!

I shoulda been tailing...
Thanks, Lkid1. Your NCAAB thread was part of my inspiration. Posting solid winners using proper BRM. What the forum should be about. Few guys in the NHL subforum on some nice streaks right now. I'm going to be looking to you for some ncaab winners for March Madness! Never too late to jump on. Solid winnerz up in here.