Login Search

Just Bet on the Ravens to Beat Manning in Denver on Saturday.

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Intwoition View Post
Ravens are in a really tough spot here...
1. Their defense played a tremendously high number of snaps against Indy
2. They are older - possibly fatigued
3. They are traveling to Denver to play in thin air with crowd noise
4. They are against a top ranked defense and Payton Manning run offense
5. They think they just won the Superbowl
6. Rice is great, but he becomes irrelevant if they fall behind.
7. Flacco always seems to be right on the edge of greatness...but he is also right on the edge of sucking.

Baltimore is a solid team - they are very undervalued imo...with all the Indy love they were a great bet last game. However, they won't win this game. They may cover, but who knows. I'm not playing this game- if you forced me to I'd take Denver.
Along with the somewhat short week, highlighted was exactly the first things that came to my mind along with every oddsmaker and everyone else with half a brain. The problem is just that, everyone knows this which should tell everyone that it's already factored into the line. Now is the line right? I don't know, it seems too high for me even being a Broncos fan. Is revenge or the 'last run for Ray' as a motivation...factored in? Or every viewable stat vs. stat known to man given at our finger tips an edge, blah, blah blah?

Or perhaps should we look at other situational's not so easily handicapped by every Joe Blow that thinks they know what they are doing against the 'almighty' oddsmaker to gain an edge? Perhaps we should look at how the past 14 teams, since 2003, who are on a >8 winning streak fair when entering a playoff game? Are they stagnant or soft from winning they will do just enough to pull out a win? Are they coached well enough in their bye-week not to come out soft? If anyone wants to know let me know. I can list every game. Or perhaps how a winning dog does ATS on revenge when their oppt puts an ass-whoopin on them putting up >28 points in that game.

Not so sure Balt will win SU, I hope not for Denver's sake as fan but also have a +2950 SB future on them. But in honesty, I agree with Goat..I think they keep within the spread. I also agree with others on this thread, the live dog appears to be more with Hou than the former.
Last edited by JMon; 01-08-13 at 07:58 PM.

you are kidding right? So as you can see from the stats.. Denvers offense was much better then mannings offense with indy
Denvers offense this year
6366 397.9 4534 283.4 1832 114.5 481 30.1

Indy last few years

5809 363.1 4515 282.2 1294 80.9 416 26.0
5368 335.5 4094 255.9 1274 79.6 377 23.6
5739 358.7 4033 252.1 1706 106.6 450 28.1

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
Yeah with much better offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by briedward View Post
Denver wins easily.

Whether in Jacksonville or Denver, Jack del Rio's defense pwns Flacco.

When Flacco goes 3 and out, Manning has another opportunity to score points and further wear out the Ravens defense.
Yea, I remember that Ravens @ Jags monday night game. Jags defense prevented Flacco from making plays.