Login Search

Gamblers outraged over Hawks vs 49ers ending

Last Post

Exclamation Gamblers outraged over Hawks vs 49ers ending

Gamblers outraged over Hawks vs 49ers ending

Many sports bettors are starting to believe the Seattle Seahawks have more than just lady luck on their side. Divine intervention, referee influence, and even opposing head coach decisions are some of what's believed to have helped Seattle jump out to a 5-2 record against the spread in 2012. | Read more

so let's see what has to happen for this conspiracy of point shaving to be true

1) high/low block in the endzone on 4th down
2) receiver gets stopped inches short of a first down
3) harbaugh somehow magically knows he will still be short of a first down when they review it, so feels comfortable ONLY declining the penalty conditionally on turnover on downs

so let's see who is involved - the 3 guys involved in the penalty, every one of the officials, the receiver and tackler keeping him just short, and harbaugh. all of whom decided the easiest way to have the seahawks cover the spread was a crazy situation involving 12 people

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
I'd respect them more if they'd just admit the truth. The safety was declined in order to save books money.
All these conspiracy theories are fukking retarded. Every coach in the league would have declined the penalty since they were getting the ball back on the spot...

Why the fukk would anyone take 2 pts in that situation when you can take the knee and guarantee a win...

Believe it or not, NFL coaches don't give a fukk about covering a spread so you can win 40 bucks.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Harmy G gave TxAaron 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie-Capper View Post
thats why you buy off the 3 and 7
I had 49ers -6

a very strange decision though I have never seen that before
Buying points in the nfl will kill you long term rookie,

You got lucky last night but playing -6 at -130 is -ev.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Harmy G gave boeing power 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

You know what...if you ignore the notion of s betting spread entirely, which is what coaches should do when making decisions, then harbsughs decision was the correct one. Granted, a loss was improbable even with the safety, but if the recovered an insides then it is possible. That's why the hawks took the safety in the first place, because it gave them a better chance to win. Harbaugh just agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
I'd respect them more if they'd just admit the truth. The safety was declined in order to save books money.
Background: I had ZERO action on last nights' NFL game

Not sure if serious? Gotta be a troll.....do people actually think that taking the safety and not ending the game in one play is the correct decision? I gotta say to me that is the correct coaching choice, remember teams don't play to cover spreads they play to win games.