Login Search

Tiger is clearly the favorite going into the weekend

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
Wasn't that hard of a bunker shot. Very makeable.

He's in great position though heading into the weekend. I think he needs to get a little more aggressive on the Par 5s.
I think you are down playing that bunker shot slightly. You don't see that happen all that often from a bunker. And especially a pot bunker like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
snedeker is no chump but i doubt he can keep playing at that level.
Woods has to like this information:

-Brandt Snedeker has never made the cut at the British Open, but now he sits in first
-Saturday will be the first time Adam Scott has ever played in the final group in a major on the weekend.

Tiger is one of the most hated pro athletes to this date...and we wonder why.... Turn on Sportscenter, Tiger is at the top, highlighted winning or losing, turn on Sportscenter and it's "Tiger and The Open", or any tournament for that matter. I will not deny Tiger turned the sport around, but what about the other 100+ players? Who cares about the current leader or even the winner, but Tiger missed the cut or Tiger is in the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosmak View Post

I think you are down playing that bunker shot slightly. You don't see that happen all that often from a bunker. And especially a pot bunker like that.
Not saying it happens that often I'm just saying it was makeable.

Quote Originally Posted by jagaf22 View Post

Ever swung a golf club? This ain't putt-putt
Yea I'm a 4 handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
Tiger even said after the round that it was about as straightforward as it gets. I guarantee you he was thinking he could make that before he hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
Not saying it happens that often I'm just saying it was makeable.

Yea I'm a 4 handicap.

Tiger even said after the round that it was about as straightforward as it gets. I guarantee you he was thinking he could make that before he hit it.
Yes it was "makeable". Anything that close to the green is "makeable". But Tiger was just being modest. You think his reaction was one of a person that didn't think that was one heck of a shot? If it "wasn't that hard" and so "makeable" then he would have done the usual Tiger wave and picked the ball out of the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosmak View Post
Yes it was "makeable". Anything that close to the green is "makeable". But Tiger was just being modest. You think his reaction was one of a person that didn't think that was one heck of a shot? If it "wasn't that hard" and so "makeable" then he would have done the usual Tiger wave and picked the ball out of the hole.
The only conclusion I can come to is that you aren't much of a golfer.