Login Search

best method in taking 100$ and making it into 1k

Last Post

Heres wat you do go buy a box of baking soda around $2.99 this leaves ya with $$96.99 go down to your local colored area and ask for a 1.5 of soft then go home mix a little baking soda in with it and little water heat up stir then put on ice in the freezer for a couple minutes then go to local trailer park and youll have $200

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
Heres wat you do go buy a box of baking soda around $2.99 this leaves ya with $$96.99 go down to your local colored area and ask for a 1.5 of soft then go home mix a little baking soda in with it and little water heat up stir then put on ice in the freezer for a couple minutes then go to local trailer park and youll have $200
jesus..get a life

"How to Gamble if You Must : Inequalities for Stochastic Processes" by Dubins and Savage (1965)

advocates 'bold play' -- the strategy that at every fortune x, 0 < x < g stakes the entire fortune x or just
enough to reach the goal g, whichever is smaller, given that the bettor has access to fair bets with probability p < 1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
$5 is overbetting. Stick to $1, if your bankroll is $100. If you don't have the discipline to do this with a small bankroll, how can you hope to succeed when you have a large bankroll?

But before you bet, spend $20 of your bankroll on these two books. Read up.
Sharp Sports Betting (Wong)
Weighing the Odds in Sports Betting (King)
if $1 is amount make on the betting then whens have the planning make arrive on the $1,000? and! how many is the wagers total number yous make? 3,000 wagers? what is frequents or % on the success of wagers?

Quote Originally Posted by mcfugly View Post
I love how most people on here seem to be 100% certain that they are right no matter what they're talking about. To me, ridiculously strict bankroll management is not necessary when dealing with a roll this small, because you can always reload in the off chance that you do lose it before you build it up a bit. That being said, I definitely wouldn't take anything away from someone who is willing to use strict BM at these kind of stakes - it will just be slow as hell
Reloading is a losers mentality. It will undoubtedly happen to you. You have that "if I lose, I can just reload" mentality that the books need to make money. Your entire post is highly questionable because eveyone knows that you lose overall with parlays, so you may be having a bit of luck now, but talk to me at the end of the season, and do NOT forget to tell us how many times you reloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
If the only goal is to take $100 into $1,000 then go purchase 100 scratch off lotto tickets. If you plan to continue on in sports betting, then here is the reality.

Find a capper that can consistently hit 55% or better (less than 1% of this board). And don't avoid parlays if you find someone that can hit in the neighborhood of 58% consistently.

Even with that, the reality is you can expect to make like 4% max per year in sportsbetting, unless one of the many sharps here can refute that with statistical data.

I'd start with books J7 mentioned, but also read up on Kelly. not because his system works, as it is built on the false assumption that any person living or dead can accurately gauge his edge and place a numerical value on it. But it is good information to consume and in the course of which you will also be exposed to Gamblers Ruin.

Or find a syndicate that will let you buy in for $100.
Basically, you are right, but you miss on the 4%. Right now I am currently at 45-34-1 0n my spreadsheet in here. (anyone can see it) I wager to win 100 units, and I am up 760 units on a 57% win ratio. That figures out to a 9% ROI, not 4%.

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
I turned $100 into over 1K twice in the past month.
Cashed out the majority both times, now I'm out completely.

The money has helped out a lot, and will save for a month or so, and try again.
Care to tell us how you did this? This should be interesting, if nothing else.

Some people do win all the time, its maybe 2% of gamblers but they exist...

This guy (sorry it is in French) started with 185€ he is now at 54 K€ after 1 year http://forum.sospronostics.com/sospr...jet_1855_1.htm

He bets on non popular sport like Water Polo (live betting), Russian Hockey.

These sports are not available on pinnacle, i think he bets on some russian bookmakers

Quote Originally Posted by ShawNee922 View Post
Split in half and take 2 shots at hitting 5 straight ...

50----100-200-400-800-1600

Repeat as necessary...

5-0 gives you 1600 and you have 32 tries at it before you are out 1600$ ...

Stringing 5 wins together isn't too hard if you use discipline ...
It is when you get down to the 800 dollar bet........

Quote Originally Posted by tipsadontlikehim View Post
Some people do win all the time, its maybe 2% of gamblers but they exist...

This guy (sorry it is in French) started with 185€ he is now at 54 K€ after 1 year http://forum.sospronostics.com/sospr...jet_1855_1.htm

He bets on non popular sport like Water Polo (live betting), Russian Hockey.

These sports are not available on pinnacle, i think he bets on some russian bookmakers
making money betting water polo?