Login Search

Diaz just proved wha a punk bitch he is post fight

Last Post

Exactly. If Condit was winning, he wouldn't be a huge underdog for live betting.

V, it's good to know you enjoy the style of fight Condit fought. Also, posting my video in my thread is a terrible comparison to you posting terrible gif's in multiple threads at the same time in an unsuccessful attempt to prove a point.

Here is a very good write up from an MMA Radio talk show host

Jay Pagliaro By not playing into Diaz's game, Condit DID fight to win. He plays the stand and bang game with Diaz, he is on the wrong side of the decision.

Yes Diaz kept coming forward... However, you will see each time he did, Condit outstruck him. So who really had Octagon control? Perception isn't reality. Perception had Diaz moving forward. Reality had Condit hitting him three or four times then wisely getting out of the way.

Was it a "exciting" game plan? Perhaps not. But in a situation like this, in a title shot scenario, he was fighting with one goal... To win. By fighting as he did last night, he earned the victory.

People often tend to forget, discipline and game planning are as much part of the sport as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Dont see u say that anywhere in your thread for that event. The most u said was "neither were very impressive".

U were also saying tht Brookins won tht fight, were u not?....

"He kept Koch from following through with his game plan. Koch couldn't do shit to him but land some shots. He was clearly aggravated, as I predicted."

hmmm I recall Condit preventing Diaz from implementing his gameplan and also Diaz was clearly aggravated....different rules for different fights tho I guess!

stfu- i said numerous times that the brookins/koch fight was boring but brookins edged it out.

and stfu again- condit didn't prevent diaz from implementing his game plan. diaz didn't have a game plan. his plan was to fight. he kicked his ass best he could with him running away the entire fight. diaz' "gameplan" was to kick Condit's ass, and he STILL did it with Condit backing up.

I'm glad you enjoyed Condit's performance. I personally feel I was robbed of a great fight. We enjoy this sport for different reasons, apparently,

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
Here is a very good write up from an MMA Radio talk show host

Jay Pagliaro By not playing into Diaz's game, Condit DID fight to win. He plays the stand and bang game with Diaz, he is on the wrong side of the decision.

Yes Diaz kept coming forward... However, you will see each time he did, Condit outstruck him. So who really had Octagon control? Perception isn't reality. Perception had Diaz moving forward. Reality had Condit hitting him three or four times then wisely getting out of the way.

Was it a "exciting" game plan? Perhaps not. But in a situation like this, in a title shot scenario, he was fighting with one goal... To win. By fighting as he did last night, he earned the victory.

People often tend to forget, discipline and game planning are as much part of the sport as anything else.
some people will just never understand dude. its MMA. not slugfest xxx. everyone knows Diaz is the better striker and he wants an all out war slug fest, thats when hes at his best when things are wild, sloppy and crazy. Condit is not going to play that game, why would he? he stayed disciplined got in the pocket when he needed to and when he got in there HE MADE IT COUNT than got out...wash rinse repeat. not sit there and trade punches with a guy who is begging for that.... its like a pitcher in the world series with the bases loaded 2 outs up by 1 run 3-1 count..and say the batter is a .400 fastball hitter...is the pitcher going to throw a dead red fastball heater? **** no.

I know its not the greatest of comparisons but some people just dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
some people will just never understand dude. its MMA. not slugfest xxx. everyone knows Diaz is the better striker and he wants an all out war slug fest, thats when hes at his best when things are wild, sloppy and crazy. Condit is not going to play that game, why would he? he stayed disciplined got in the pocket when he needed to and when he got in there HE MADE IT COUNT than got out...wash rinse repeat. not sit there and trade punches with a guy who is begging for that.... its like a pitcher in the world series with the bases loaded 2 outs up by 1 run 3-1 count..and say the batter is a .400 fastball hitter...is the pitcher going to throw a dead red fastball heater? **** no. I know its not the greatest of comparisons but some people just dont get it.
TERRIBLE comparison!!!!

He knows he can't beat his opponent so he designs a gameplan to cheat his way to becoming the Champion? If you don't believe you can beat your opponent by engaging him, then you know you don't deserve to be the Champion!!! Simple as that!

If Condit's gameplan was to run around and outscore Diaz with legkicks, then OK, but he lost the fight anyway. Diaz STILL won rounds 1, 2, and 5!

Agreed - Diaz is a major punk bitch and whiny brat. If this were the first time, maybe it would be understandable. But he is literally a bitch about every single loss he has. Look at the first Noons fight. How about getting into it at the hospital after losing to Riggs? Remember when he openly whined after losing a decision to Sherk? Or how about the best of all, crying that the decision loss to Diego was unfair, even though he was obviously dominated. Sore loser and poor sportsman for his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
TERRIBLE comparison!!!!

He knows he can't beat his opponent so he designs a gameplan to cheat his way to becoming the Champion? If you don't believe you can beat your opponent by engaging him, then you know you don't deserve to be the Champion!!! Simple as that!

If Condit's gameplan was to run around and outscore Diaz with legkicks, then OK, but he lost the fight anyway. Diaz STILL won rounds 1, 2, and 5!
Damn you Carlos! He'll probably cheat against GSP by making a plan to avoid being taken down too. What a sneaky little bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
Damn you Carlos! He'll probably cheat against GSP by making a plan to avoid being taken down too. What a sneaky little bastard.
Only way he could beat GSP is if he uses the same gameplan, loses the fight, and wins the decision. Only way he's not getting taken down is if he successfully keeps running away.

LOL @ Winning a fight when your opponent is chasing you around, dropping his hands, taunting you, and calling you a bitch - that is all. If you don't find humor in that, then you and I enjoy this sport for different reasons. I enjoy watching fighters apply their skills to win fights. You can't say Condit won that fight using his Muay Thai. Running away, throwing a leg kick, and running away again is NOT Muay Thai. I would have loved to have seen him beat up Diaz with Muay Thai, using beautiful kicks, knees, elbows. Would have loved to have seen him be aggressive and put a Muay Thai clinic on Nick. But he did not do that. The best part of watching MMA is to see the fighters using their honed skills from all the martial arts and seeing which of them comes out on top. Diaz used a boxing approach to the fight, but Condit did not use any approach. I would have liked to have seen a Boxer vs Muay Thai kickboxer match-up, but what I saw was a Boxer vs Runaway artist match-up. Anybody who disagrees with me should be ashamed to call themselves an MMA fan. You are no good for the future of the sport. God forbid you/this encourages fighters to apply similar point system strategies rather than engage in fights and try to KO or submit their opponents.

LOL @ thinking someone won a fight by dropping their hands, taunting, and calling his opponent a bitch.

"Diaz used a boxing approach to the fight." And he had no answer for anything Condit did. He couldn't adapt and figure out how to beat him.

There is more to a fight than just brawling. Take Diaz's nuts out of your mouth and look at the fight objectively. I guarantee if you had big money on Condit you'd be on here defending how he won.

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
LOL @ thinking someone won a fight by dropping their hands, taunting, and calling his opponent a bitch. "Diaz used a boxing approach to the fight." And he had no answer for anything Condit did. He couldn't adapt and figure out how to beat him. There is more to a fight than just brawling. Take Diaz's nuts out of your mouth and look at the fight objectively. I guarantee if you had big money on Condit you'd be on here defending how he won.
Some people just won't give up thinking Condit is the greatest. You need to take Condit's nuts out of your mouth and start thinking objectively. He ran around for 5 rounds and even though Diaz's face looked beat up he was not hurt at all.

Fact of the matter is Condit had the better gameplan. He ran away for 5 rounds and the judges took his side. Out of 100 fights they each get the decision 50 times. No one deserved to win. They were both losers. Condit the biggest loser but the outcome was known before the fight began.