Login Search

Best gambling movie?

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
ha...what about that made for tv movie they made about headache smith and benny stillman shaving points at asu??? think it was made for FX?....mtv was playing it last year just before march madness lol...it stars that kid from that show numbers
Big Shot: Confessions of a Campus Bookie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299535

Great story!

Quote Originally Posted by Ch Br View Post
Yes... Eddie Felson's [Newman] entire philosophy is 'to be a student of human moves' ....you play the player not the game.... thats the exact blueprint of poker and any head to head gambling, be it chess, backgammon, or dominos...

But i guess my comment was more directed toward the acting and the chracter.... Because Newman's character does it from the moment the movie begins, Matt damon's has to take a lot of lumps to get there......

Eddie Felson takes some serious lumps. The color of money is a sequel to 'The Hustler'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Eddie Felson takes some serious lumps. The color of money is a sequel to 'The Hustler'.
lol yea i know, Jackie Gleason is priceless as Fatts... Ive seen both countless times..... but the calm cool collected behavior of Felson in TCOM is what I am speaking of mainly

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
Two for the money now playing on amc
Good heads up. Saw this in the movie theater when it came out but that was a long time ago. I remember back then I was all into betting and couldn't wait to go see it. Wife was not so happy about it lol From what I remember I was pretty disappointed though.