Login Search

ACC Referee Caught Cheating on Video

Last Post

Default ACC Referee Caught Cheating on Video

This video absolutely makes me sick to my stomach and feel there needs to be an immediate investigation of the NCAA. I know there will always be corruption in sports but this is blatant and completely unacceptable.

"ACC ref in FSU / Wake football game sliding ball closer to first down. Caught on camera. Play still resulted in a 4th down. Wake got stood up on a 4th down run play but somehow the ball was spotted as a first down… "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqANJ...layer_embedded

"ACC refs are notorious for their bad calls in every sport on a weekly basis. It’s not something I have to point at for Florida State fans or any other fan in the ACC. However, what happened during the FSU-Wake Forest game on Saturday is uncalled for. In the video below, it is clear that the ref is attempting to move the football closer to the first down line as a couple of other refs are measuring to see if it is a first down. It was Wake Forest’s possession and the ref actually moved the ball a few inches forward, trying to go unnoticed. Despite the ref’s attempt, the ball was still short of a first down.
Moving the ball a few inches isn’t going to cost a team the game, however, it is the principle of what he did that really bothers myself and other football fans. I’m not going to point fingers and say this is why FSU lost; because it isn’t. However, ACC refs continue to showcase one poor performance after another. If you recall, there was an initial report following the FSU-Clemson game that claimed the ACC refs admitted to missing 7 calls that went against Florida State and could have given the ‘Noles a 21-point swing against the Tigers. Anyways, here is the video of the ACC ref in the FSU-Wake Forest game"

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
thats weak
Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
booooooooo lame were better then that here.. i was waying for him to move the ball up a full yard then giggle
Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
Are you kidding Ball moved a half inch and still called 4th down. No tape of the 4th down play called a 1st, which is really the issue, useless. Refs aren't spotting so precisely that the half inch given from the previous play is the reason they got the 1st down

If that was your team in a crucial situation and you realized that a ref was pushing the ball up, then you would think its a big deal. It doesn't matter if its an inch or a foot its the fact he is trying to dictate the outcome of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by vagolf View Post
Could have been innocent but pretty fishy lookin to me. What if it was close enough that it would have created a first down? Whats the context of the play??? Was it late in the game?
I don't give a shit what the context of the game was! This was blatant!

Think about it, let's say it's late in the game and the defense is exhausted but they've managed to come up big in a key third down spot. If the ref inches that nose forward enough to just clear the chain and give the first down, it could be the straw that breaks the defense's back and means the difference between covering or not.

Honest gamblers ought to be outraged by what this footgae shows, innocent mistake or not! And I don't think it was innocent
Last edited by Machine Choice; 10-11-11 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vagolf View Post
Could have been innocent but pretty fishy lookin to me. What if it was close enough that it would have created a first down? Whats the context of the play??? Was it late in the game?
You sound pretty naive and everyone else who said this was nothing, I was actually watching this, didnt see the closeup till now but I remember seeing the next play where it looked like he was stopped on 4th down and they said he made it, FSU was screwed out of this game, bad calls called during whole game.