Originally posted on 10/30/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
I respect your posts. Thanks for being patient and discussing.

If God created us to be his family, why didn’t he just skip the earth part? Why not just create everyone in heaven to begin with? Why create us knowing that over 90% are going to burn in Hell?

So you believe the story of Adam and Eve because it’s in the Bible? Do you believe in talking snakes, people living in whales, and 900 year old people?

Do you think the Quran is fiction?

What I’m getting at is this. Why should anyone believe the Bible over any other religious text?

There are thousands of religions with different denominations. How did you settle on Christianity? How do you know it’s right?
I believe the bible is right Big D for several reasons

The historical reference it provides is rock solid more than any other book ever written

The eyewitness accounts of what took place over the course of time is rock solid

Do I believe the Quran is fiction? I don't however I do not believe it is the inspired word of God

You hear people say all the time that without religion the world would be a better place which I agree because God is not religion

I believe getting God right is the key to living an eternal life and man can only find that through scripture in the bible and becoming "Born again"

So in a nutshell yes I believe what the bible says

We need another song here Big D as this tying on this laptop is horrible