Login Search

Do you people realize how "AVERAGE" McNabb is?

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
thats what i dont get, if mcnabb is average what do you rank

campbell
bulger
russel
delhomme
freeman
orton
garrard
young
smith
cutler
cassel
fitzpatrick
quinn
sanchez
stafford
henne
leinhart

because there is no way you can say any of those guys are better than mcnabb or most even on his level. Some might be in the future and thats great but this is right now.
Cutler/Cassell are possibly ahead of McNabb. Both suffer from an immense lack of talent on their current teams. Some Dallas writer quoted earlier in the thread ranked VY ahead of McNabb, I didn't catch most of the Titans games the 2nd half of the season, but I wouldn't. Also, if it was for just one season, I'd take McNabb, but if I could have one player's contract for five or six years, I'd take Sanchez or Henne.

For all the crybabies saying McNabb didn't have any weapons, how did A.J. Feely step in and go 6-1 (and the loss was close)?

He's not among the top five, but he's certainly in the top ten.

You need some luck as well. Brady was very lucky for a while. Until Eli Manning got lucky. And if Eli had been lucky as many times as Brady, who knows where Peyton would rank now in people's minds?

The point? The same point that separates good gamblers from tv analysts. The latter write the story afterwards, as if it was predestined and couldn't have unfolded any other way. Do you really think the Steelers were better than the Cards because Antonio Holmes landed not even half a centimeter on this side of the line? What about the tuck rule that f*cked the Raiders and helped the Brady myth?

Unless you're lucky at the right moment greatness is virtually out of reach. Fortunately, there are a number of qualifications between great and average. Good and very good come to mind. I have no doubt that McNabb is one of those two.

Hell, he may have been the 3rd best QB on his own team last year..........LOL

McNabb.......

1. He will be pointing fingers at everyone soon
2. He will not know the rules of the game
3. He will be bouncing balls in the dirt in key situations

All in all, AT THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER, ..............VERY AVERAGE

At one time he was a very good QB......(NEVER GREAT).

The facts are the SKINS could have done better by obtaining 14-20 other QB's other then McNabb...........and more then that if you want to count the kids coming out of college this year.

Lot of hype over McNabb the past two months........and all for what is a VERY AVERAGE QB in this league at this time.

I think the Skins messed up big time. They had Campbell who I thought was underated and who was never really given the best chance to suceed. Every year either the system around him changed or the coaching staff changed. Now the Deadskins will have to pay for McNabb services and on top of that he is in his back end of his career. Big slip up for the Skins IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LostBankroll View Post
I think the Skins messed up big time. They had Campbell who I thought was underated and who was never really given the best chance to suceed. Every year either the system around him changed or the coaching staff changed. Now the Deadskins will have to pay for McNabb services and on top of that he is in his back end of his career. Big slip up for the Skins IMO.