Login Search

NFL Week 1- Jets -2.5???

Last Post

Default NFL Week 1- Jets -2.5???

Alright, what am I missing here... I know the Jets aren't world beaters even with the addition of Favre... However, with their new O-Line that should give him time to throw the ball and Jones/Washington should have good holes to run through... The Dolphins are still gonna be dreadful IMO... I think the Jets will come out pumped up and want to get a big road win to open the season and if they do so, I see them winning by atleast a field goal!

Anyone else like this play? What other plays are you eying for week 1?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
P2M, as soon as I heard Favre was traded to the Jets, I made two bets- Jets over 7 wins @ +110, and Jets week 1 vs Miami.

I really hope we're on the right side here bud, because I probably got a little too excited with the play...
It's the right play! The only reason the spread is at 2.5 is because of Paecells! But he's washed up and cant make a differene on that team this quick!

P2M, as soon as I heard Favre was traded to the Jets, I made two bets- Jets over 7 wins @ +110, and Jets week 1 vs Miami.

I really hope we're on the right side here bud, because I probably got a little too excited with the play...
Nice guys, I'm glad that we are all on the same page here... This is one of those looks too good to be true games almost... However, I will take my chances all day with the 1-15 Phins vs. a Jets team ramped up for Favre's 1st regular season game! I see the Jets winning this game by double digits!

A good rule of thumb in NFL betting is...

If its too good to be true, fade it...

Here are a few reasons why I think Jets -3 has sucker written all over it.

1. Brett Favre- lots of hype, has to learn a new system, new team, city, everything... could be difficult to adjust
2. Dolphins playing home opener trying to win back the fans and impress Parcells, 100% effort is guaranteed
3. Chad P. knows this jets team inside out... huge advantage
4. Vegas doesnt give out "easy" lines in the NFL, this line is as sharp as they come and you can bet your ass the general public will be pounding the Jets -3, just what vegas ordered...

P2M, we are either going to look like geniuses or have egg thrown on our face here. Lets hope for the smart caps. How about a 28-14 Jets victory, hows that sound to you?

A 28-14 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS victory sounds amazing to me! I'm on the Jets -2.5 for a couple units already! Crazy what else on the board looks good to you? For every week I try to play one or two 10 pt teasers! Have been doing this for the entire season in the CFL and have gone 8-1 so far... Just been betting a unit on each of them and I don't even watch CFL... Well, here's to hoping we have a KILLER year in football betting this year bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Brady2Moss View Post
A good rule of thumb in NFL betting is...

If its too good to be true, fade it...

Here are a few reasons why I think Jets -3 has sucker written all over it.

1. Brett Favre- lots of hype, has to learn a new system, new team, city, everything... could be difficult to adjust
2. Dolphins playing home opener trying to win back the fans and impress Parcells, 100% effort is guaranteed
3. Chad P. knows this jets team inside out... huge advantage
4. Vegas doesnt give out "easy" lines in the NFL, this line is as sharp as they come and you can bet your ass the general public will be pounding the Jets -3, just what vegas ordered...

But here is a few reasons that Jets -3 isn't a sucker bet:
1. Since 2001 Jets are 10-4 against Miami
2. Since 2005 Jets are 5-0-1 ATS and 5-1 SU verus Miami
3. Jets are 3-0 ATS at Miami since 2005
4. Jets are 2-0-1 ATS as a favorite against Miami

In other words, Jets owe Miami, I will probably end up betting Jets although I don't bet many Jet games because they are my favorite team and the got that piece of junk Favre now. But when it comes to Miami playing Jets I think those stats speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
But here is a few reasons that Jets -3 isn't a sucker bet:
1. Since 2001 Jets are 10-4 against Miami
2. Since 2005 Jets are 5-0-1 ATS and 5-1 SU verus Miami
3. Jets are 3-0 ATS at Miami since 2005
4. Jets are 2-0-1 ATS as a favorite against Miami

In other words, Jets owe Miami, I will probably end up betting Jets although I don't bet many Jet games because they are my favorite team and the got that piece of junk Favre now. But when it comes to Miami playing Jets I think those stats speak for themselves.
Thanks for the stats on the Jets bud... Wasn't aware of all of that... Knew that they had their number pretty good, but not that good! GOOD STUFF MAN!