Login Search

Early week 9 plays

Last Post

The Cowboy & Steeler game next week are tough to figure. They're both divisional games against tough teams. Obviously, Dallas & Pitts have shown a lot this year, whereas Philly & Balt have been inconsistent. I'm not quick to jump on either of these games. I still think Pitts is overrated. Dallas is a good team, but Philly can still put a good game together in a spot like this. I'll need 'til the end of the week to make a decision on these two games.

Right now, I think Indy getting 4 1/2 at home is the play for next week. I know the Pats look unstoppable right now, but Manning is the one QB in the NFL that can match Brady touchdown for touchdown. As for defense, I actually would prefer the Colts defense in an all-out shootout. They are faster and more ball-hawking. I also look for Marvin Harrison to suit up for next week, which should be a factor. This game will probably come down to who has the ball last.

I also like Titans, Bucs, Redskins next week.

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
Pitt is overrated?

Why cause they won all their home games by 21+
Cause they have the best running offense in all of the NFL?

AND a pretty damn good D.
Run def:4th
Pass def:5th

In seven games they have given up only 91pts.

Pitt is far from overrated.
Those numbers mean nothing to me. Look at the competition. The Steelers are just entering the meat of their schedule. We'll see the real Steeler team in the weeks to come. I'm already starting to lean on taking the Ravens with the points for this game. I just hate the black cloud hanging over the Ravens team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
Those numbers mean nothing to me. Look at the competition.
Yeah let's look at the competition smartass.

Balt 13 ---- Pitt 34
Clev 27 ---- Clev 7

Balt 20 ---- Pitt 24
Cin 27 ---- Cin 13

Balt 14 ---- Buff 3
Buff 19 ---- Pitt 26

Balt 9 ---- Pitt 37
SF 7 ---- SF 16

Pitt won all those games easy while Balt struggled in all. What more do you want?

Btw Steelers are ranked Top 5 in NFL on both Offense and Defense.

Best line next week, basically free money is Washington -3.5 against the Jets. Get it now before it move up, that's the best game so far that I see next week. Jets are absolutely horrible both side of the ball.

Dallas -3 vs. Philly. I have to watch Philly last game vs. the Viking to see if they have shown they are back. Viking are not that good to be honest. I think it's a divisional game so it might be close. But the way Cowboys been playing this year, and the way Philly been playing. Cowboys should win this one by double digit.

I'll break this game down. Cowboys both CB will be back and healthy this week and be jamming Philly WR. Boys D is getting used to the new Wade scheme and will watch the game Eagles vs. Giants film. They will bring pressure and expect for a long day for the Eagles O. On D, they lost it when they release Trotter, their anchor of their whole D. He's their run stopper, and without him, people have been running over them. Plus their Secondary is suspect as well. Boys will have a field day on O against Philly weak D.

Romo is the real deal, and with their combo running back they are solid on both pass and run. I will see that the Boys will try to keep Westbrook contain as they have one of the best run D in the league. And the Boys have both fast OLB to keep Westbrook from bouncing to the outside. Greg Ellis, normally on the strong side LB is quite slow. But he's a great pass rusher, I expect him to line up as DE and allow Carpenter, or Spencer which is better because he got a lot of speed for an OLB. Spender and Ware both OLB will be able to keep Westbrook contain. I expect the boys to win this by double digit. But will wait to see how the week break down to make the final decision.