Login Search

Jets Over 7.5 Wins (futures) is a STEAL!!!

Last Post

Default Jets Over 7.5 Wins (futures) is a STEAL!!!

Any thoughts on the Regular Season Wins?

You have to figure that they'll do better than their 8 wins of last season with a much improved football team. They ended the season on high note, knocking Miami out of the playoffs. How is this total 7.5 wins? This is as close to a guarantee over that you'll see.

Jets also did very well in the draft Jace Amaro is the real deal, the defense is tightening up, and as a longshot, I like Tajh Boyd(I'm a Twitter friend of his). Guy was great in college; has the skills to play at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
tell me how the jets dont start the season 2-9.

win: raiders bills
loss: pack broncos bears lions chargers steelers pats chiefs bills
If they win one more than the 2 you list theyll have to start out 3-8. That's one way they dont start out 2-9. There are a bunch of other possibilities, pm me if you wanna go over the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
If they win one more than the 2 you list theyll have to start out 3-8. That's one way they dont start out 2-9. There are a bunch of other possibilities, pm me if you wanna go over the numbers.

Or just post it here so that there is a discussion and people can see your reasoning in taking this bet.

EVEN if they steal one of those losses listed, they would STILL need to win their final 5 games, which includes another Patriots game. Not to mention that they'd have to sweep Miami.

For this bet to hit, they need at least 3-4 wins in the division.

This bet is just throwing money away, but this is what Jet fans excell at. Let me explain to you how things work. First, the Jets are nowheres NEAR "greatly Improved" compared to other theams who are also "Greatly Improved". Those statements are homer statements and mean nothing. Next, the schedule kills them. Here is a list of probable losses. Please feel free to tell us which one of these losses they can turn around:
Away: Green Bay, San Diego, New England, Kansas City, Buffalo, Minnesota, Tennesse and Miami.

Home: Chicago, Detroit, Denver, Pitt, New England.

So that adds up to a 3-13 season. Now you need to win 8, so find me 5 more winners in that list. No homerism allowed.
Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 08-05-14 at 01:28 PM.

I'll play armchair quarterback:

First of all, the Jets will now have a running game with CJ2k and an added receiver with Decker. Plenty of new acquistions and a great draft. This team will impove in a major way while teams like Miami continue to stay in neutral and Tom Brady is a year older. Happy Birthday Tom. 37?!!!!

Schedule

1. Oakland - 1-0 win
2. at GB - 1-1 loss
3. Chicago - 2-1 (at home)
4.Detroit 3-1 (at home)
5. at SD 3-2 (winnable but a loss)
6. Denver 3-3 loss possibly 4-2
7.at New England 3-4 or 4-3 (Jets play NE well) (estimated record)
8. Buffalo 4-4 or 5-3 WIN
9. at KC 4-5 or 5-4 (winnable but probably a loss)
10. Pittsburgh 5-5 or 6-4 (home game is a win)
11.Bye
12. at Buffalo 6-5 or 7-4 (should win)
13.Miami -7-5 or 8-4 WIN (Jets have the mental edge after last season)
14. at Minnesota 8-5 or 9-4 (Jets have the edge. Possible loss but I don't think so)
15.at Tennessee 8-6 or 9-5 (Will win at least one game between Tenn and Minny (could even be a game better if they sweep)
16. New England 9-6 or 10-5 (Jets and New England split )
17. at Miami- 10-6 or 11-5 (Jets knocked Miami out of the playoffs. Huge game. Need to sweep and I say that they do) Win

Jets Record For 2014-2015 ----- either 10-6 or 11-5 ---No worse than 9 wins and a miracle to get to 12 but never say never

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post

First of all, the Jets will now have a running game with CJ2k and an added receiver with Decker. Plenty of new acquistions and a great draft. This team will impove in a major way while teams like Miami continue to stay in neutral and Tom Brady is a year older. Happy Birthday Tom. 37?!!!!

Schedule

1. Oakland - 1-0 win
2. at GB - 1-1 loss
4.Detroit 3-1 (at home)
11.Bye
14. at Minnesota 8-5 or 9-4 (Jets have the edge. Possible loss but I don't think so)
15.at Tennessee 8-6 or 9-5 (Will win at least one game between Tenn and Minny (could even be a game better if they sweep)
17. at Miami- 10-6 or 11-5 (Jets knocked Miami out of the playoffs. Huge game. Need to sweep and I say that they do) Win

Jets Record For 2014-2015 ----- either 10-6 or 11-5 ---No worse than 9 wins and a miracle to get to 12 but never say never

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post

Schedule

1. Oakland - 1-0 win
2. at GB - 1-1 loss
4.Detroit 3-1 (at home)
11.Bye

So you believe that the New York Jets, with probably the worst starting QB in the NFL, is going to go 7-1 at home (or even 8-0, if they beat the Broncos)?!! Get some rest, son......

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
So you believe that the New York Jets, with probably the worst starting QB in the NFL, is going to go 7-1 at home (or even 8-0, if they beat the Broncos)?!! Get some rest, son......
I'm not your "son". Jets lose to Broncos. Look at the estimated records for each game. It's an estimate--- 10-6 or 11-5 -Jets will wn Miami and Buffalo and split with the Pats. That's 5 wins right there alone