Login Search

Whos home field advantage is more important? Bears or Colts?

Last Post

I would have to say the Bears. Because they are pulling a dome team out from underneth the roof and into the effects of mother nature.

Colts are in the Dome, so they are ok, and the Patriots dont need to adjust to climate controlled surroundings.

Will be hard to determine b/c both home teams are headed to Superbowl

N.O. hasn't been on the highway for a month and it is pretty brisk in the midwest at the moment. But:

Indy hasn't lost at home since last year to Pitt in playoffs (9-0 SU). New England on back-to-back road games, one less day rest due to schedule and one day to travel.
Last edited by nosuzieno; 01-17-07 at 08:06 AM.

I dont think it really matters in the bears game, reason being bush and macalerster. Also alot of these guys have played in cold weather QB was in the big 10. Bush has his best game in cold weather. So these guys have no excuse going into cold weather. Now Indy on the other hand, could use there fan support. Lets face it, Colts have not had the best of luck against the pats in post seasson. I think Manning will all ready be able to be much calmer knowing about the pats. But with the crowed chereing him on HE will be in the Zone and relaxed.

Packer

Homefield advantages have done weird things this year - while normally worth 2.5 to 3, this year has been under 1.5.

Add to that dogs covering 57% of the time (a correction from last year), and you have to be careful laying wood on favorites.

Chicago's homefield is worth more - it's harder to go from warm to frozen, than frozen to indoor.

My last snipe: pass on the Bears this week. The Bears' defense has been blasted by injuries, and the Seahawks game showed holes in da' Bears.

Bears, easily.

The Saints will have a much tougher time adjusting to the cold, wind & outdoor conditions than the Pats will have with the dome noise & Indy's "turf speed". Then again, the Pats are a veteran team that likely won't get rattled easily, while the Saints are a young team and might get frustrated more easily if things go badly for them early.