Login Search

Week 5, Doggie Style!

Last Post

Default Week 5, Doggie Style!

I am loving these picks more and more as i research:

Houston +3
SF +3
Cincy +17.5

Houston is off a tough OT loss against Jax (in which they scored 6pts more than Ind). With that loss, thier scoring avg passed Ind. And they are home at last!

SF is the dog at home with a better scoring avg and scoring margin. The stats say they should be favorites too!

Cincy will cover as the stats say dallas wins by 10.7 or so. I got them at 16.5 scoring margins as well.

the money lines for Hou/SF look like great values as well.

thoughts?

Robust
Last edited by Robust; 10-01-08 at 04:19 AM. Reason: look at bold

I do not agree with the san fran pic, new england is coming off a bye week and will be ready willing and rested to lay the smackith down on the 4-9, this game will be close but i expect ne to cover the number with no problems, the other 2 are fine with me because i am not touching those lines, however i am going to pound the new england line.

Quote Originally Posted by CBBPhenom View Post
sf and houston are winners and will for sure be plays by myself, get yourself some of arizona! Good luck!
looked at my numbers and looked at the stats.. shit yes I will consider them.

quick thoughts:

arizona has .75 pts avg scoring less than buff, .25 pts less scoring margin, and have played SF, MIA, WAS, NYJ..

while buff is just an ass hair higher and played SEA, JAX, OAK, StL.. shit against better teams (ok.. except MIA)

the stats say arizona will win too.

Robust
Last edited by Robust; 10-01-08 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robust View Post
arizona has .75 pts avg scoring less than buff, .25 pts less scoring margin, and have played SF, MIA, WAS, NYJ..

These numbers are wrong! I redid my math to confirm predictions (i always check twice ) and I had mistakenly put +21 over NYJ. As we all know, they LOST by 21 (-21).

After correcting the error, it seems the scoring margin now heavily favors buffalo (10.75). And since Arizona is home, who's to know what will happen. I might pass on it or go with buffalo.

If you have to bet it, I would go with the OVER 44.5 as Arizona will HAVE to score if buffalo brings it (which they will)

Robust

Robust