Login Search

Butler

Last Post

Default Butler

Here is my opinion on the final shot of the championship game. I don't agree with the shot that Hayward took! Did Butler have any timeouts left to use and if they did after Hayward got the rebound why did they not call one? Also what is up with all the Butler players just standing there watching Hayward get the rebound why wasn't a Butler player already running to the other end of the floor that way Hayward could of easily threw a pass to that player to at least make it a tie game. I don't agree with the stupid half court shot he took but i still think they are a better team than anyone ever thought they were and hopefully Hayward and Howard will return next season to try and do it over again!

Wow really the butler players did fight for the rebound once heyward got did you see the screen set up. and it was a open shot thou not sure you wouldve got with a timeout. But I do agree with you that they shouldve called a TO

They burned their final timeout with 13 seconds left after failing to inbound it.

Hayward has likely taken his last shot as a Butler Bulldog. He's a consensus first round pick (15-25 range) according to the draft gurus across the web. Don't know how returning for his junior year will improve a draft stock that has currently peaked.

I thought that big dumbass on Duke was going to try for some insertion they way he bumrushed hayward after that missed FT. Then I thought Howard was going to get called for an illegal screen when Singler flew all over the place at midcourt. Then I thought hayward was banking in that shot and making history.

Great ending, and watching all of that stuff in the replays, there was some good no calls on what happened at the end, and you don't want to end the game in FT's so I don't know what I was even thinking that they'd call something.

I didn't like the play by Duke at all. I would have made the FT then immediately press and foul. Give them 2 FT's BUT NEVER let a team get off a 3. Especially if it ties the game AND EVEN MORE IF YOU MIGHT LOSE. Coach K would have been the biggest buffoon if that shot went in. There was too much time to give a team a last second shot to beat you. STUPID.