Login Search

HG's 2017-18 College Basketball Thread

Last Post

Default HG's 2017-18 College Basketball Thread

I considered not doing one of these this season (especiall after my awful year in football), but I am doing the work anyway, and I enjoy the discussions.

A little background, I focus mostly on totals. I have a mode that I will start using as a tool in December, and I rely very heavily on pace of play analysis. I enjoy writing up my plays, but I don't always have time for that.

I always welcome questions and discussion, so please feel free to jump in. First picks coming momentarily...

11:00 Manhattan -7 (I got -6 but still like it here)
The Jaspers are sometimes a frustrating team to watch, but they're very experienced this year and are coming off of a nice home win against Harvard. Manhattan is clearly the better team, let's just hope they can make FTs down the stretch to cover the number.

1:30 Georgia Southern/Missouri St o145.5
(I'm in at 146)
I get at least 72 possessions here, but it could go higher. Missouri St has a huge edge on the glass, and GaSo has the edge on the perimeter. If GaSo's shots are falling, this one should go over.

2:00 Prairie View A&M/Eastern Kentucky u149.5
I have this one in the low 140s. The pace could be quick, but the efficiency shouldn't be great. I don't like how much these two foul, but I think the early Vegas start could see these teams sluggish from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by HeeluvaGuy View Post
11:00 Manhattan -7 (I got -6 but still like it here)
The Jaspers are sometimes a frustrating team to watch, but they're very experienced this year and are coming off of a nice home win against Harvard. Manhattan is clearly the better team, let's just hope they can make FTs down the stretch to cover the number.

1:30 Georgia Southern/Missouri St o145.5
(I'm in at 146)
I get at least 72 possessions here, but it could go higher. Missouri St has a huge edge on the glass, and GaSo has the edge on the perimeter. If GaSo's shots are falling, this one should go over.

2:00 Prairie View A&M/Eastern Kentucky u149.5
I have this one in the low 140s. The pace could be quick, but the efficiency shouldn't be great. I don't like how much these two foul, but I think the early Vegas start could see these teams sluggish from the get go.

Manhattan lookin like the don't want this win shootin like shit from 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
Tough breaks
Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
Those 1/2 losses are hard...it's a long season.....you will get them!.............................BOL
You guys know the drill. That stuff happens. More fun to be on he other side of it like in the Georgia Southern game.