Login Search

1/28 hoop talk

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
they cant shoot, they have the worst effective fg% in the sec..29% from behind the arc, 41% on 2 point attempts, only 93 points per 100 possessions. all the while they been bad defensively as well ranking in the bottom few in sec in pretty much every defensive category..
why is the total so high then? 137? seems about 7 or 8 pts too many.

A little surprised ND didn't open as a fave - before line released was ready to pounce on ND for previously stated reasons. I mean, why wouldn't the 8th ranked team in the country, playing at home with a great track record open as a fave, considering night after night it seems we have ranked road teams opening as a dog vs. Non-ranked opponents. Just makes me wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
why is the total so high then? 137? seems about 7 or 8 pts too many.
because the way lsu plays mostly, combined with scary playing shit d.. id expect scary to be in the low to mid 60s and lsu to hit low 70s.. i thought the total was pretty much right.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlif1 View Post
4-pt teaser iu +8.5/irish +5.5/okla -12 is appealing, but i know im a sucker for insurance. and the indiana line doesnt feel right for whatever reason.
If you don't mind taking advice on here, try to stay away from 3-team teasers they are pretty much -EV in the long run.

Love Indiania, they got one of best backcourts in the country. But with Hanner still out I can't take them at Purdue with no bodies to put on their 2 7footers.

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
If you don't mind taking advice on here, try to stay away from 3-team teasers they are pretty much -EV in the long run.

Love Indiania, they got one of best backcourts in the country. But with Hanner still out I can't take them at Purdue with no bodies to put on their 2 7footers.
i love advice, and i know teasers are bad practice, but that one was so damn juicy. i didn't do it however, i took a shot instead.

Oklahoma -16 -110
irish ml +105
indiana +7.5 b+3 -170
st. johns -.5 1h -110

20 to win 218.

just cant shake the feeling this is good to go. gambling right? less goooo.

Sup, Boys? To whoever started the daily all-games discussion thread, kudos! Much better than going through a bunch of threads. My thoughts on the above posts and otherwise:

Duke/ND: No thank you. Great matchup but that's a total dart throw.

Purdue Purdue Purdue. I feel like they're firmly past their early season underachieving now. Too much size.

Tempted with Okie, but damn, 16 points? Prob lay off that game.

Penn State, yes please.

Can't Oregon stay within 15 of Zona? Thought that would be more like a 10-point spread myself.

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
Someone tell me why Washington is only +2. Looks like a Huskies line.
Yeah, some confusing lines tonight, huh? I'm not going to overthink things, just going to give the points if I like the fave.

Like with Kansas, same thing, I booked the -4.5.

I've seen the Huskies play great though, so may just skip Stanford/Wash, I don't know yet.