Login Search

THam12 NCAA, NIT, and (CBI) plays 2014

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Skin24 View Post
Show me how locked in you really are THam12. Inquiring minds want to know. Just copy and paste your ticket I want to see.

Skin,
some people bet in amounts of $5, $10, $50, and to them that's where they are comfortable. I've got no idea what level THam12 bets at, nor do I care, but a bankroll doesn't need to be in 4 or 5 figures, nor should it, for it to have just as much importance as a bankroll in the 10,000's. The fact is, a person betting with a bankroll size that causes them ANY stress, isn't betting with the right frame of mind.
You seem to put a lot of importance on the size of your bets. I see this as an esteem issue that you have. Posting bets in the $1,000's helps your self image, and I don't think that's a healthy way to bet.
Stating unit size, rather than $ amount, gives someone who is tailing a better idea of the poster's confidence in the bet. The only thing that your bets of $1-2K show is that this is an amount that you think looks impressive, and that fits the "big shot" image you have of yourself.
By the way, I think Kansas wins by 12, so you've got something to come back at me with after the game.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

THam12 gave Martinr 17 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinr View Post
Skin,
some people bet in amounts of $5, $10, $50, and to them that's where they are comfortable. I've got no idea what level THam12 bets at, nor do I care, but a bankroll doesn't need to be in 4 or 5 figures, nor should it, for it to have just as much importance as a bankroll in the 10,000's. The fact is, a person betting with a bankroll size that causes them ANY stress, isn't betting with the right frame of mind.
You seem to put a lot of importance on the size of your bets. I see this as an esteem issue that you have. Posting bets in the $1,000's helps your self image, and I don't think that's a healthy way to bet.
Stating unit size, rather than $ amount, gives someone who is tailing a better idea of the poster's confidence in the bet. The only thing that your bets of $1-2K show is that this is an amount that you think looks impressive, and that fits the "big shot" image you have of yourself.
By the way, I think Kansas wins by 12, so you've got something to come back at me with after the game.
I couldnt have said it better myself.

Skin,
OH MY, now that is very well said, and you just made my point, anyone can post dollar amounts, but post your stars, and lets see what happens, YOU NEVER POSTED the LOSSES, show us CUZE AND PITT, just give us your password and lets us go into your account, we wont mess with anything else. Trust us.

Skin,
I just don't like people throwing out unit plays like he does. He explained to me units are a percentage of bankroll. I have seen him post 15 units and more on one game and that's bad money management. I want everyone to understand he is not betting 15% of his bankroll on one play and if he is betting like that he will lose in the long run. I post my tickets so everyone sees I'm betting real money and do explain I have a $100K bankroll. Remember THam12 posted a thread wanting me back!!!! Hey I'm a new guy here but seem to get a lot of attention because I speak my mind. I hope THam12 is way up in real money. Hell I hope your way up. Just think its bad advice to tell people to bet up to 15% of bankroll on one bet.

Units are used as an easier way to keep track of money.
And look at you " seem to get alot of attention".
Dude really acts like this is a high school popularity contest lol.
Self esteem issues to the max.
Now lets not clog my thread.

Kansas -6.5 for 8 units
Minnesota -6 for 5.7 units
Are my plays.

Lets roll