Login Search

Officially hit rock bottom

Last Post

Sometimes you just gotta laugh it off boys, sometimes you just gotta laugh it off, lol. Wife went shopping for the day and to her Grandmas tonight, so i deposited some tax return money. Lets just say, I didnt win 1 single wager, not 1. 0-5 on the night. Im not mad, im not disappointednin myself, im really drunk and just think everythingsfunny. My last lost, golden st +8.5. Down 7 with 15 seconds they beside to foul, now down 9. Steve blake dribbles down floor, and dribbles off his foot out of bounds. Now i need a foul to have any chance, and guess what...no foul. Oh boys, the lost money today was worth the entertainment alone. Also a part of the Oregon meltdown. Gotta love it boys! Cheers

I never quite understood it boys. If you foul down 7 with 20 seconds why wouldnt you foul down 9 with 17 seconds?? Does anyone eer think there is this huge worldwide joke and it always seems to go against you? I had oregon +6.5 and honest to christ, oregon fouls down 4 with 0.6 seconds left. But heres the kicker, not just a foul and tedhnical. 4 FTs with less then a second. Now guys, you know my story. I honestly and truly feel like their is a sick joke and it will not escape me. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
I never quite understood it boys. If you foul down 7 with 20 seconds why wouldnt you foul down 9 with 17 seconds?? Does anyone eer think there is this huge worldwide joke and it always seems to go against you? I had oregon +6.5 and honest to christ, oregon fouls down 4 with 0.6 seconds left. But heres the kicker, not just a foul and tedhnical. 4 FTs with less then a second. Now guys, you know my story. I honestly and truly feel like their is a sick joke and it will not escape me. Bye!
Hahhahahahahah I got buried by that bullshit too....still hot

Hahahahaha. Honestly put the gambling aspect aside, I think that was entertaining and worth every cent i lost today. You guys heads would literally blow off your shoulders if youve seen how often this stuff has happened to me lately. I had a MAC game a few weeks back. Had a team at -11. Up 19 with less then a minute left. The other teams hit a 3, turnover hit a 3, miss both FTs hit a nother 3 and then miss two more FTs. The favorite won by 10. On that night i wasnt laughing like i am today

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
Hahahahaha. Honestly put the gambling aspect aside, I think that was entertaining and worth every cent i lost today. You guys heads would literally blow off your shoulders if youve seen how often this stuff has happened to me lately. I had a MAC game a few weeks back. Had a team at -11. Up 19 with less then a minute left. The other teams hit a 3, turnover hit a 3, miss both FTs hit a nother 3 and then miss two more FTs. The favorite won by 10. On that night i wasnt laughing like i am today
MAC football is awful to bet on I can only imagine basketball........MACtion for a reason

So glad I read this just now.
I went 1-8 yesterday. College hoops tourney is a crapshoot. So hard to determine who will cover spread.
Anyways, after today it puts life back into perspective and that I have been missing out on so much more in life.
Right now laughing at those unfortunate incidents in your games regular because I myself had one the other night in a 2-team parlay in which other 1 hit, but VCU gave up a 4 - point play with 4 seconds in reg. to force OT...then went on to lose.
Can laugh about it now.
I too have hit bottom, and I'm feeling rocks on my toes.

A lot of us need to just bet a lot less and treat it as recreation.
I'm even contemplating giving it up, though I know it's extremely tough to just do that. It's like admitting that the time you've spent towards it has been a total waste...and we want to feel rewarded for our efforts, so we keep at it and most of us lose more.

Regul8er keep your head up. Best way to win is to quit. I had an incident with 5D and Tony on here and even though I considered it a curse at the time, in retrospect it is the best thing that happened to me. I lost $15k of my money in 5 months of playing at 5D. I was new to gambling and started in August of last year. I won $11,000 in my 1rst week and a half starting from a $1000. Never cashed out. Kept having spurts where I would get hot and bubble to $4000, $5000, $3000, etc throughout the 5 months. Never cashed out. My motivation, rather should I say my grand delusion, was to reach the high of the original $11,000 I attained in the 1rst week and half, so I kept giving it back everytime in an effort to get there. Chasing! I was putting several thousands on games! $100 was my standard bet, but when I felt good about something or was in chase mode it would get bad. Worst one was Saints -3 vs Bucs for $8,200. Saints ended up winning on a miracle fieldgoal at the last minute by exactly 2 points. I was devastated to say the least. In the end my account was closed towards the end of January due to buying into a bad line that was left up on 5D. The ordeal that has followed has been enough to keep me away from gambling for the rest of my life. Can't say I miss watching tv endlessly in pursuit of the next score, or my heart racing like it's trying to break out of my chest at the end of games due to bonehead turnovers at critical points in the game. Gambling is a losers game ultimately, and it preys on people when they are at their lowest moments. Like I said though, best thing that happened to me was being banned. I haven't bet a game in 2 months, since January, and it feels great to LIVE again. Instead of laying a grand on a game, I now have been on two getaway vacations with my girl. I'm putting money in savings again. I also got myself back in school and upgraded my job. I workout again. During those 5 months my health deteriorated horribly due to lack of sleep, stress, lack of exercise, and everything else that comes with this. I was betting everyday. Since quitting, I have also had my family come visit. I've gone clubbing with friends again. I don't watch tv unless I'm watching a movie or a boxing match, which is the sport I love. Instead of spending countless nights and hours in front of a screen, whether it be the TV, the computer, or the Ipad, I now spend time with my loved ones and playing basketball on my freetime. I go hiking now. I had friends that didn't see me for the entire 6 months. They would call and I would ignore the call. My girl didn't see me for the 6 months except for sparingly when I had big wins and my spirit was high. I sank into depression without even realizing it. My mood became dependent on the wins and losses. If I won big I was happy, if I lost big I didn't get out of bed some days. It was only in retrospect, in these last 2 months, that I realized how dire my situation was. Sportsgambling is the worst thing that ever happened to me. In that first week though, sportsgambling was the best thing that ever happened to me. I thought I was a guru lol..I thought I had found my calling in life. If only I had walked away in the first week....Too many of us, dare I say the vast majority, don't walk away while you're on a heat streak. That is the only way to win. To hit jackpot and run like your life depends on it, because it does. Financial ruin is a real possibility in this addiction. In a capitalist society like America, which is where I'm from, it's life suicide. Unlike other addictions you have no symptoms. Everyone thinks you're ok, including yourself. Well, actually you know something is wrong, but you are in an endless pursuit to "fix it". "Fixing it" only digs you deeper into the hole. Quit and enjoy life bud if you can. Also, the biggest trick for me was getting away from this forum. Coming here is like going to the crackhouse if you are a crack addict trying to get off dope. You are constantly reading about these guys who post about hitting million dollar jackpots and how easy it was, which only feeds into your own delusions of success in this losers game. Enough writing though, sorry about the wall of text, got carried away..lol I could go on endlessly about my horrible experience. Not trying to do that. Reason I came on here is because I caught 2 games on tv today while browsing channels and couldn't help but laugh at how blatantly fixed some of these games are. I haven't been on this site for going on 2 months. I logged on to confirm the heartbreak that I knew would be present based on what I saw on tv. I knew they would be here. Villanova played like they wanted to lose. Just like the end to that Warriors game. Goodluck to you and I hope you can do what's best for you. RUN! The longer I go without visiting this site the better.
Last edited by JayMoney24_7; 03-23-14 at 04:00 AM.

Jaymoney, thanks for sharing your story man....motivational stuff. Again, I went sleepless last night, not 1 hour of sleep . Im miserable, tired and so fed up with this. Its completely overtaken my life....and making me feel like there is no hope in this world. But you know what, fu(k gambling....fu(k everything about it!!! Fu(k my bookie who i owe money, he can get it down the road, if ever. Having that linger over me is part of the reason i keep betting....I keep thinking if I win I pay him off. Honest though, fu(k, he knows me and never should have given me this kind of credit. Im really not trying to pass the blame though, its my fault more then anyone else.

Baby steps....my personal goal is 1 month...30 days! I will update this thread once a day, this will be my motivation. Within this 1 month I will focus on my wife, my studies (which have been seriously slacking) maybe play some tennis, workout, work on the house, etc. anything to keep me occupied.....because gambling is the devil, I have no doubts about it.

Wish me luck....its going to be hard, I know it. But I cant afford 1 more sleepless night, it just cant happen!

Oh and another personal goal is to find a job before the end of 2014 that pays 6 digits. When I complete my MBA this June, all of my downtime will be used to market myself and job search. I will find something to where I can pay off c.c. debt off fast and be able to live and treat my wife to the finest things. Yesterday I thought the world was against me when Oregon committed a personal foul and techinal foul with 0.4 seconds, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Lets be honest, if I won, I would have lost it back today. I have a cery good story now, and something to remember during times of weakness. Fu(k gambling boys!