Login Search

Officially hit rock bottom

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
Yeah, I lost 'Nova, Arky, St. John's - all ML in parlays.
Yesterday was horrific!
I sure hope we don't see 7-9 point favorites losing like yesterday!
That's what you get for following THam12 picks. I saw you in his thread and even bashing me in his thread. Hope you learned your leason. Get down on Iowa State tonight you can thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
I really wish I was alone in this matter, but I know there are others out there struggling like me, and likely many who are struggling way worse. There's a compilation of things that have built up that is making this extremely difficult to deal with and keep quiet. I've put myself in this situation and it's no one's fault but my own. This is a black cloud that hangs.....and I wish I could make go away. Even when I'm not betting and take long breaks, I think about it all the time. I wish there was a way to eliminate these thoughts permanently. I've never been involved with drugs, but I think I have a pretty good idea how drug addicts feel.
Amen bro.
Sports betting needs to be taken as fun more or you will be broken on the inside...regretting plays you made...thinking about it almost always and distracting more important things in life.
I know this, but for me - I'm in the same boat - I can't NOT think about it for 3 hours straight during a day. It sucks and trying to just let it go...if I have a bad day, remember that tomorrow is a new, fresh day.
We all lose, but it's a matter of not letting it get to us - taking a hit from time to time, and betting when are minds are clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Skin24 View Post
That's what you get for following THam12 picks. I saw you in his thread and even bashing me in his thread. Hope you learned your leason. Get down on Iowa State tonight you can thank me later.
Yeah, you deserved a good bashing man - let's just say that.
But I shouldn't have gotten involved anyways - just stepped up and thought you were getting out of line and that was no place to do it.
I will thank you now for the free pick on Kansas!

hahaha....I like that KRIT. But seriously, I need to get things in order. If I re-up, I'll do the same thing whether it be today, in a week, in a month.......the exact same thing will happen when I go on a cold spell, which is inevitable. This is certainly going to be a lifestyle change for the better.

Best thing to do is NO ONLINE BETTING. its to easy to chase losses. Second not to bring you down but why were you on AZST ?? BIG public favorite and line moves in your favor?? I've battled meny addictions overcame them all on my own. All mine started after I couldnt play football anymore??? Must be trying to replace that thrill and rush I got from football. Good luck man

The last couple days I kept backing teams that played the night before, against an opponent where it there first game. I went 1-8 in these situations I believe, C-USA really got me. The teams I played came out flat, but not when I tried to reverse. But I need to stop thinking about this....I really do.

Do you have family, friends, hobbies, things you love other than gambling? There are bigger things in life than money/gambling. Money comes and goes. Enjoy the more meaningful things in life, and appreciate what you have. When things get rough, enjoy the smaller things in life.

If you don't have family, friends etc, and gambling is in fact your life, then you're right, you have hit rock bottom.

Only the luckiest SOB's win at this game! Everyone has access to the same information, can run numbers and find edges.....but end of the day, who is lucky. Certainly not me.....its been proven time and time again. Just check my week, lol. Not just losses, a high percentage were brain rattling screw jobs in the final seconds.

Only the luckiest SOB's win at this game! Everyone has access to the same information, can run numbers and find edges.....but end of the day, who is lucky. Certainly not me.....its been proven time and time again. Just check my week, lol. Not just losses, a high percentage were brain rattling screw jobs in the final seconds.
When it rains it pours.

Yeah - same happened to me. Another problem I have is listening to others' opinions on games instead of going with my leans.
If I lose big one day, I'm learning to shake it off and just try to win the next day...not to win it back, but just have a winning day.
Man - even with winning streaks, there come losing streaks that negate those wins most often.
By day's end, I feel good or bad depending on my betting success...that needs to change! And for you too pal. Otherwise, things are not going to get better.