Login Search

Hoops 2014

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
LOL, I thought I was the only one on here old enough to remember thst dinosaur.
No way, pal. I have been reading Woody's Boys little by little over the past few months (couple of chapters every few weeks). It is one of the most hilarious non-comedies that i have ever read. The guy was certainly flawed, but what a fascinating, funny, interesting and inspirational human being. When i am finished, i'm going to read it again. When i read Catch-22 and Confederacy of Dunces, i would be on a plane or a train and be laughing out loud like a fool. I was doing the same thing a few weeks ago with Woody's Boys and it's not even supposed to be a comedy. What a character.

There are a hundred great stories in that book, but for the sake of brevity, i'll give you a couple of quick tidbits. First, he generally refused any pay raises from Ohio State because he was afraid that being paid too much would make him soft and keep him from winning. At the end, a number of his assistants made more money than he did. They certainly don't make them like that anymore. Second, when guys would piss him off in practice, he'd sometime slap them in the guy with an open hand. Players learned to tense their stomach muscles so that it didn't hurt. That pissed him off even more. When it happened, he'd wait until later in practice to get his revenge. He'd wait until a guy what getting up from a play, come up behind him and slap him in the gut and say, "I got you, you son of a bitch."

You know that question: if you could invite any four people to a dinner party, who would they be? For awhile, my answer has been Howard Stern, Bill Clinton, Bruce Hornsby and Tupac. Now, I'm trying to figure out who Woody replaces (has to be either Hornsby or Tupac; having Howard and Clinton at the dinner party is a must to hear that uncensored interview).

Saturday 3.15.2014 final card
1* Tennessee +6 (-103) - LOSER
1* NC State +10 - WINNER
1* George Washington +6 - LOSER
1* Michigan State -1' - WINNER
1* Toledo/Western Michigan over 146 (-101) - WINNER
1* Iowa State -2 - WINNER
1* Providence TT over 69' - LOSER

4-3 +0.77u

Whaddya know? A positive day. Damn my eyes for adding that Providence TT.

Season to date: 107-113-4 -15.98u