Login Search

Hoops 2014

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
Dawgs lead 25-18 with 1:30 left on clock and with the ball. Back to back turnovers, A&M with a 2 and then a 3pt bucket one sec left and it's a loser. GD this shit makes me so mad sometimes. Ugh!!!!!
Packed it in for the night after SLU game. Probably for the best. Passed on more losings leans that winning leans from 6 pm on. I've had three straight losing days and it feels as if i haven't won in a month (even though it felt as if i couldn't lose a week ago).

Have to maintain better mental toughness. Listening to some Jose Gonzalez/Junip to get myself back in proper positive state of mind. Fkn killer musicians. Pull yourself together and draw the line...
Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 02-09-14 at 07:47 AM.

Saturday 2.8.2014 final card
1* Virginia -7 - WINNER
1* Cleveland State +1 - WINNER
1* Nebraska/Northwestern under 119' (-107) - WINNER
1* Kentucky/Mississippi State over 142 - LOSER
1* Providence/Xavier over 140 (-102) - LOSER
1* St. Bonaventure -4 (-105) - LOSER
1* Saint Louis -4 (-105) - LOSER

3-4 -1.22u

3-0 start turned to straight shit. Three straight negative days.

Season to Date: 56-48-2 +4.07u

love to see your number on temp/hou if you have a chance..once again i dont get the initial move, i woulda played over at 150, ignored the move and played ov 148.5.. the overs that do this ive struggled with much more than the unders that i disagree with the move tho..these are the 1s that freaking teams come out and kill the over in the 1st 10 minutes playing like crap then rest of gm pretty much plays out at the pace it should, hate that shit!. lol.

i like beavers and johnies as well.. sparty really tempting, think appling is make or break on whether i play or pass tho..

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
love to see your number on temp/hou if you have a chance..once again i dont get the initial move, i woulda played over at 150, ignored the move and played ov 148.5.. the overs that do this ive struggled with much more than the unders that i disagree with the move tho..these are the 1s that freaking teams come out and kill the over in the 1st 10 minutes playing like crap then rest of gm pretty much plays out at the pace it should, hate that shit!. lol.

i like beavers and johnies as well.. sparty really tempting, think appling is make or break on whether i play or pass tho..
Morning, brotha! Will run numbers on Temple/Houston very soon.

I think that i'll be on Sparty with or without Appling. When he has played, he has not been himself shooting, and it's not as if Sparty lacks backcourt talent. I don't view Appling in his recent form as being that different from the replacement value that Izzo would get from Valentine or Trice (who combined for 13 assists vs 2 TOs when Sparty hung 82 vs PSU without Appling this week). I really wonder if we're going to know Appling's status much in advance of tip anyway. I can get +3' at BetUS right now and might go ahead and bite.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
Morning, brotha! Will run numbers on Temple/Houston very soon.

I think that i'll be on Sparty with or without Appling. When he has played, he has not been himself shooting, and it's not as if Sparty lacks backcourt talent. I don't view Appling in his recent form as being that different from the replacement value that Izzo would get from Valentine or Trice (who combined for 13 assists vs 2 TOs when Sparty hung 82 vs PSU without Appling this week). I really wonder if we're going to know Appling's status much in advance of tip anyway. I can get +3' at BetUS right now and might go ahead and bite.
fair points w/o appling and current form but my main thing is he is exactly what wiscy cannot defend,, i havnt really seen the other guys much so i dunno if they as good off the bounce and are capable of getting into the lane the way appling is?

I get 152-153 for Temple/Houston. Will give it a closer look, but that what i get initially.

fair points w/o appling and current form but my main thing is he is exactly what wiscy cannot defend,, i havnt really seen the other guys much so i dunno if they as good off the bounce and are capable of getting into the lane the way appling is?
Appling is a special player, no doubt. Gary Harris certainly will abuse Wisky off the bounce, but that's not really your question (he was going to play 30+ minutes regardless). Valentine is bigger while Trice is more similar to Appling in terms of size. I will have to concede that neither will be as good as Appling at breaking down the Wisky defense off the bounce (though that's probably the role that Trice will play today if Appling doesn't go; i do think that Appling will go, his is so tough and won't want to miss a game in Madison). However, if Jackson and Brust for Wisky have to guard Harris and Valentine, Sparty will have a nice size/athleticism advantage there. Also, if Appling is 100% or certainly playing, i don't think that i'm getting +3' here. Bottomline: in Izzo i trust.

I get 152-153 for Temple/Houston. Will give it a closer look, but that what i get initially.
i made little higher but i kinda weighted the fact that both teams have been mostly facing the bad asses of the conf that all be tenacious defense and just seeing a team across from them that far more generous on the defensive end could cause them both to play even a little more up and down as both offenses outta feel like this is easy after the teams they been seeing, especially hou as they have had very few gms not against good defenses, when they did get rutgers the gms were more opened up and just bout every gm temple has played not against the power defensive teams in conf have been high scoring..

Appling is a special player, no doubt. Gary Harris certainly will abuse Wisky off the bounce, but that's not really your question (he was going to play 30+ minutes regardless). Valentine is bigger while Trice is more similar to Appling in terms of size. I will have to concede that neither will be as good as Appling at breaking down the Wisky defense off the bounce (though that's probably the role that Trice will play today if Appling doesn't go; i do think that Appling will go, his is so tough and won't want to miss a game in Madison). However, if Jackson and Brust for Wisky have to guard Harris and Valentine, Sparty will have a nice size/athleticism advantage there. Also, if Appling is 100% or certainly playing, i don't think that i'm getting +3' here. Bottomline: in Izzo i trust.
def agree with that, that why im kinda surprised chance he playing now as i somewhat assumed line says he was unlikely to go. harris should pimp them off the bounce no doubt.. you sold me, was sparty or pass all along but what the hell hard not to have some action on this one, lol... think im just playing the ml, if it within a possession ill take the +140 on the team i know can get a big stop late, this one i can live getting beat with a sparty loss by 3 or less as i just dont think they lose if it that close..

def agree with that, that why im kinda surprised chance he playing now as i somewhat assumed line says he was unlikely to go. harris should pimp them off the bounce no doubt.. you sold me, was sparty or pass all along but what the hell hard not to have some action on this one, lol... think im just playing the ml, if it within a possession ill take the +140 on the team i know can get a big stop late, this one i can live getting beat with a sparty loss by 3 or less as i just dont think they lose if it that close..
Let's get it.

i made little higher but i kinda weighted the fact that both teams have been mostly facing the bad asses of the conf that all be tenacious defense and just seeing a team across from them that far more generous on the defensive end could cause them both to play even a little more up and down as both offenses outta feel like this is easy after the teams they been seeing, especially hou as they have had very few gms not against good defenses, when they did get rutgers the gms were more opened up and just bout every gm temple has played not against the power defensive teams in conf have been high scoring..
My biggest concern is that neither team's TO, ORB or FTA/FGA stats (esp Temple's) lend themselves to over (and if anything point to under). TOs and FTs contribute to over, while ORBs contribute to under. Temple doesn't commit or cause many TOs, and doesn't give or get many FTs, but gives up a ton of offensive boards. Houston is pretty neutral across those categories except for that they don't foul much. Likely a pass for me but hope you hit!