Login Search

SolidAsStone Thread

Last Post

Wow I cannot believe that Syracuse .vs. NC State outcome. I was leaning NC State because I knewTyler Lewis is a great prototypical point guard from Oak Hill for NC State so that's good if you're trying to pick a part a tough zone. Also I think NC States coach has proven over the past few tourneys that he is legit and knows how to win games against top tier competition. So anyway all this making me like NC State and then I look at the line and its 14.5!?!? And that seemed farrrr too many points for Syracuse to be giving up so I skipped it thinking Vegas knew something we didn't. And then of course SYracuse doesn't come close to covering and barely wins by 1 haha. Did anyone watch the game think they know what happened in this game.....or do you think I am over thinking this and the line was correct and Syracuse just didn't play up to form.

Wow wild game last night in that UNC .vs. Florida State game. Line did seem a little odd especially with North Carolina coming off that strong win on CBS against #25 Pitt. Happy we weren't involved in that one.

Anyway just wanted to give an update. Sorry there haven't been any plays lately since it was the All Star break for the NBA. I expect NBA picks to be coming up in the next 2 or 3 days max and NCAAB picks as early as tomorrow. NO picks today though. BOL

Reason I love the Magic +6 tonight is that I think the Cavs are feeling pretty good about themselves and also have Kyrie Irving coming off his All Star MVP and now they are coming home. I think this will be a big let down spot for the Cavs who are going to be a little distracted as well as not motivated to play the Magic. BOL either way you play, but I am on Magic +6!

Leaning towards taking Rutgers tonight for at least 1 unit. I am really liking it right now and would possibly even put 2 units on it, but I have seen Rutgers gets smoked so many times this season and I really hate that feeling of a bet going up in flames in the first half of play. I am going to research it all day today and get back to everyone, but its 99% sure I will be playing at least 1 unit on RU +9

Official NCAAB Play

Rutgers 1st Half +4.5 for 2 units

LOVE this play for multiple reasons. First, Rutgers tends to foul a lot especially Wally Judge. Memphis is not a great free throw shooting team so I could see Rutgers fouling and Memphis missing free throws which will keep the score closer than it should be. Also, the RAC is a great home court and going against a ranked team will bring out a decent crowd even though RU is struggling this season. Memphis isn't that impressive on the road this season either and hasn't played very many road games in general. We gotta think RU will try to do something differently on defense after getting smoked by 30 in the first meeting. I am banking on this affecting Memphis in the 1st half. Thing is after halftime they could make the adjustment and I don't want Rutgers to be close at halftime and then blown out at the end...hence the 1st Half play. BOL to everyone