Login Search

SolidAsStone Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by gotarollman View Post
You like Hofstra +4.5? LOL. Your CBB record is 4-4, you must not watch a lot of College Basketball.
Nice call on the Indiana/Toronto game last night though.
Nice Call GottaRoll. And yes I am 4-4 in CBB because I do not make a lot plays like most people. I have been doing this long enough to know how to win and betting a bunch of games doesn't work for 99.9% of bettors. I watch a TON OF BASKETBALL that's why I do so well in it. BOL to you I am not sure what was so funny about Hofstra +4.5 considering it was a WINNER

I have watched almost all of the raptors games this year and the fact that you say they are under rated is a joke the are below .500 and just traded away there best player, they do have a young team that finds ways to stay in games but by no means are they under rated they are not good and beating the pacer will happen 1 out of 10 times... from a raptors fan

Quote Originally Posted by jbratten View Post
I have watched almost all of the raptors games this year and the fact that you say they are under rated is a joke the are below .500 and just traded away there best player, they do have a young team that finds ways to stay in games but by no means are they under rated they are not good and beating the pacer will happen 1 out of 10 times... from a raptors fan
Jbratten I think we have different opinios of underrated. Also, I think you might be letting the fact that you are a Raptors fan and they are losing affect your judgement upon them and making you think they are worse than they are.

The Raptors have Lowry who is a tough as nails PG who is starting to look like the 11th overall pick he was. (Sort of, but obviously not all the way.) But most people couldn't even name the Raptors PG so I consider him Underrated.
Next, their Center Valuncinias or whatever is COMPLETELY UNDERRATED as he is strong and can score and get rebounds and HE HAS AN ENGINE he play hard which I love to see in big men.
Derozen and Ross are 2 of the most athletic wings in the league and are actually taking advantage of their athleticism to get buckets.
And last yes they got rid of Rudy Gay, but honestly I think he was overrated and I think the team now can play as a REAL team. Plus you gained depth which Is key for getting through minor injuries to your starters during the season which is bound to happen.
So there it all is in a nutshell on why I think they are underrated. Some people said Toronto would lose by 10+ which shows most people think they suck. I know they definitely DO NOT suck. They also aren't a good team(though I think they can become good). I think we just had different definitions of underrated

Quote Originally Posted by SolidAsStone View Post
Official NCAAB Play

Hofstra +4.5 -110

Hofstra is in a great spot here. They are the older team and have a slightly more balanced offense. Tulane gets almost all of their scoring from 3 players who are a Frosh, Soph, and Jr. Also, Tulane seems to be the better team record wise, but when you look at the schedules they've played I have them both about even with maybe even Hofstra being the better team. Additionally, everyone is on Tulane which in and of itself isn't enough to make a play, but it always helps. I think Upshaw for Hofstra is going to have a good game today against the smaller defenders he will have on him and I think he will be the difference maker. Good luck to those who follow!
Upshaw ended up being the leading scorer in the game with 31 points and he WAS the guy who made Hofstra cover. THIS is a perfect example why you should try to get in the habit only of following peoples plays who have VALID reasons. Many people just post plays or just rattle off some random "reasons", but in reality these people are just chucking darts so TREAD CAREFULLY!

Raven gotcha. Yeah I have a twitter, but I actually use this more because I feel like I can help more people and get more feedback/discussion on picks. Start piping in with some insight on games whenever you have something you think is a legit winner I want this thread to be about good, quality discussion and WINNERS!