Login Search

Akron Zips Starting PG Arrested

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
pound akron
Stupid. He is the team captain and VERY important to the team, the floor general. Akron will struggle without him.
Kent St rivaly, espn game and line went from +10 Kent to +8 already. Pounding Akron...not smart

This is not a nba situation where a player is missing and everyone else steps up. Expect a close game

I would think new point guard would = less points. My guess is that Freshman Carmelo Betancourt would be the new starter. But he only averages about 9 minutes a game so its difficult to extrapolate his stuff to starting minutes. Let's say he plays 27 minutes, his line would be 6 points, 4 assists and 5 turnovers. So having a negative turnover/assist ratio is not a good thing. But his minutes have been so limited that I dont want to truly make a prediction.

What I do know is that Abreu was the floor general, was the best 3 point thread Akron had, and had a 2:1 assist/turnover ratio

My play is personally on the +9

this is such a shame. they should've waited until after the tourney to take delivery of this package. team first. in fact, i'm right up the road in Cleveland and i'd have gladly hung onto it for them for a few weeks. such a shame. Kent tonight for me. Zeke and Tree get more press, and they have a good all-around team, but Abreu was Akron's most important and difficult-to-replace player. this is big.