Login Search

1 NCAA BBall Play per day

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
Long season no reason to chase....
Very, very true... I will leave it as is for tonight, and revert to old system after.

BOL to you Lkid! I "like" the Richmond play I'm just nervous about what Kans can potentially do to them.

I see a lot of value in some dogs tonight so I hope you are spot on with this one!!

9-5 +5 Units

Wow just WOW did we squeak that one out or what??!!! Honestly a great game and I'm glad we came out on the right side... SMU gives that sort of effort against RI last play, and it would have never lost.

I love me some big cards. Yesterday had a few nice games to angle, and the same can be said for today... I like big cards... It's easy to find value in a couple games.

Today, I like the Duquesne Dukes at home against a "decent" Western Michigan team that is coming off a nice little win over High Point... I see this game as a battle, and Duquesne is a "young" team in a tough conference running a great new system put together by their new head coach, Jim Ferry. A lot has changed since these teams met last year, and Western Michigan cruised. Duquesne has made their presence felt on the boards, out-rebounding opponents in 8 of 11 games this season. They face another "good" rebounding squad in Western Mich led by a hot shot returning senior forward, Nate Hutchenson...

I like a few things here... Duquesne with an impressive come from behind win against West Virgina, followed by a tough loss to Robert Morris. Tonight's game will be their last home game of 2012, and it is nationally televised. Not only that, you have a Western Michigan squad playing their 4th and last AWAY game during a long stretch beginning on Dec 4th before they return home to face Mount Saint Mary's on Saturday. If ever there was a time for Duquesne to get a nice, televised win at home before the holidays, and before they get ready for 3 straight road games, it is tonight.

My play:

Duquesne Dukes -4.5 @ Home vs West Mich - 1 Unit

***Bonus play for today...

From time to time I'll make a bonus posted play. I play quite a few games, especially on a card like today's, but typically only post one... No write-up for these. Just a play...

Wright St -7 @ Home against Miami (OH) - 1 Unit

BOL!!!
Last edited by RetardStrength; 12-19-12 at 09:41 AM.

YTD 11-5 +7 Units

Once again, great to be on the right side of things, squeezing out W's in both games. I actually watched the Duquesne game. Some exceptional play by the frosh, Colter and really fought off the Broncos at the end. A frustrating game, for sure, as Duquesne went up big in the beginning of the second half, as the Broncos went ICE cold, shooting somewhere around 12%. Only to have things turn around, turn-overs, fouls, bad shots, and the inevitable re-heating of the Broncos offense. Honestly a great game and again, it was nice to be on the right side, even by only .5! Boy does it make it sweet when you WIN by that margin, vs taking a last second LOSS...

So on to todays card. Saying it is ugly is an understatement... Having a very, very difficult time angling. There is one game sticking out to me, however, and it's a "good" team that shoots the ball well, and thus scoring a lot of points per game, and doesn't rebound too poorly either. They just came off a tough loss to a good opponent, and now travel to face an inter-conference opponent that really hasn't proven much to me. I'm talking about Weber St traveling to Eastern Washington tonight.

Some exceptional play as of late by the junior forward Davion Berry. He is the 7th leading scorer in the Big Sky and he's averaging north of 40% in FG percentage. I like him to be a VERY strong presence tonight against an Eastern Washington squad that gives up A LOT of points. I feel they are simply outmatched here... Some solid defensive effort tonight, and they hold East Wash to the low 60's. Continued balanced shot selection and solid effort on the boards, and they themselves score in the high 70's.

I feel this line is a gift, at (7). It's obviously boosted by the on the road inter conference play factor, but I still feel like Weber St gets this win by DD tonight, and starts their Big Sky season off the right way. They currently sit in the middle of the pack due to overall record, but they can easily be the best team in this conference.

My Play: Weber St -7 @ Eastern Washington - 1 Unit

BOL

Just a note... Eying Portland St as well... Not sure how a team that averages 68 points per game, playing at home, inter-conference against a really bad Idaho St team, averaging only 50 points per game, in their 3rd of 5 consecutive road games, is only laying 7.5.

I like that these are the first inter-conference games for both of these teams in the Big Sky, which is clearly a division where 4 or 5 of the teams within this division could easily be the leader... You look to hammer your inter-conf opponents in these spots.

Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
Just a note... Eying Portland St as well... Not sure how a team that averages 68 points per game, playing at home, inter-conference against a really bad Idaho St team, averaging only 50 points per game, in their 3rd of 5 consecutive road games, is only laying 7.5.

I like that these are the first inter-conference games for both of these teams in the Big Sky, which is clearly a division where 4 or 5 of the teams within this division could easily be the leader... You look to hammer your inter-conf opponents in these spots.
maybe because portland st. hasn't proven too much either? I mean the only two wins they have had this season were against non division I teams

Quote Originally Posted by vincereyes View Post
maybe because portland st. hasn't proven too much either? I mean the only two wins they have had this season were against non division I teams
Don't get me wrong... They are both bad... I'm looking more at how much they score, and how much they give up, vs the same statistics for Id St. You are right in that neither team has really proven anything in the win/loss department.

This spot is a feeler... My posted play has my confidence. BOL to you!!!