Login Search

T-Wizz 2014 NBA Playoffs

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
You can also bet Spurs-2.5 games which is basically equivalent to that.

I must say I'm still kinda surprised to see you on San Antonio but the analysis makes sense.

GL
Things change pal. They had a favorable matchup last round and caught a break this round with no Ibaka. I think Clippers would have given them a tougher series than this current Thunder team without Ibaka.

I also will admit I was wrong about the Spurs. They got their offensive flow back. The ball movement is really sharp but the difference to me is the development of Leonard and Splitter and the fact that the big 3 have stayed healthy. This has to be as healthy as they've been since their last title in 07. I also think that Diaw is a huge part of what they do and that wasn't necessarily the case 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
Spurs to win Series 4-0 +900 (.5x)
Spurs to win Series 4-1 +385 (1x)

I think we're looking at a short series here. This Thunder team just does not stack up and this Spurs team is better than the one in 2012. Just think back to that year. Yea they had the same core 3 but after that they were relying on guys like Stephen Jackson and Gary Neal off the bench. Now, Leonard is much better, Splitter is much better, Diaw is much more familiar with the flow of the offense, Green is better, etc. Meanwhile on the other side, Harden is gone, Durant and Westbrook are basically the same players, and Ibaka is out.

The Thunder will go back to their jump shooting happy ways and it won't work in this series. I expect San Antonio to score at will for the most part and to win this series in no more than 5 games.
I'm surprised you're on the Spurs since you said they wouldn't go more than two rounds.

What changed?

Also, didn't you say the Clippers would beat OKC in a short series?

Personally, I was more scared of the Clippers than I am the Spurs.

I thought OKC would lose to LA but if they somehow got passed LA they would win this series. Losing Ibaka hurts but I don't think it's as huge as people think it is.

You referenced a few years ago and said Durant and Westbrook are the same. I disagree. They now have more experience and have improved. If anything, the Spurs are older and a step slower.

We will see. I think this will be a long and competitive series.

OKC doesn't stack up but they've won 10 of twelve against the Spurs.

Things change pal. They had a favorable matchup last round and caught a break this round with no Ibaka. I think Clippers would have given them a tougher series than this current Thunder team without Ibaka.

I also will admit I was wrong about the Spurs. They got their offensive flow back. The ball movement is really sharp but the difference to me is the development of Leonard and Splitter and the fact that the big 3 have stayed healthy. This has to be as healthy as they've been since their last title in 07. I also think that Diaw is a huge part of what they do and that wasn't necessarily the case 2 years ago.
Yeah they certainly do and it's important to allow yourself to change your mind.

To think that the Spurs could be crowned NBA champions with the team that pushed them the furthest being... the Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
I'm surprised you're on the Spurs since you said they wouldn't go more than two rounds.

What changed?

Also, didn't you say the Clippers would beat OKC in a short series?

Personally, I was more scared of the Clippers than I am the Spurs.

I thought OKC would lose to LA but if they somehow got passed LA they would win this series. Losing Ibaka hurts but I don't think it's as huge as people think it is.

You referenced a few years ago and said Durant and Westbrook are the same. I disagree. They now have more experience and have improved. If anything, the Spurs are older and a step slower.

We will see. I think this will be a long and competitive series.

OKC doesn't stack up but they've won 10 of twelve against the Spurs.

I did not say Clippers would win a short series. I think I said I leaned Clippers in that series but I never made a bet on their series price. Thought it was going to be pretty much a toss up and in fairness it was. Let's be fair - they had a crucial game stolen from them.

OK, now let's forget Ibaka for a second and just address this Thunder team without Harden. You really believe they are better than two years ago? I disagree. You make the experience argument but I honestly see no advancements in Durant or Westbrook's games. Durant still struggles against physical defenders who get up under him and Westbrook is still just as erratic. That's not to say both aren't great players - it's just to say that they are both the same players they were two years ago. And besides, it's not like they needed the experience two years ago seeing that they won that series so I'm not really sure what your point is there.

Now let's add in the fact that Ibaka is out and that's a huge loss that shouldn't be overlooked. Thunder go small and they'll get destroyed down low. On the flip, Durant could get favorable matchups on offense but do you really want him guarding a big man like Splitter/Duncan? Collison isn't good enough to battle with Duncan either. I like Adams but I think he'll get in foul trouble if they try to give him a lot of minutes.

I don't see how you can argue that the Spurs are a step slower. Parker is still the same player he's been for the past 10 years. There's been no drop off. Ginobili is still really good and so is Duncan. And like I said, the "others" have all gotten better (Green, Diaw, Splitter, Mills, etc) while Leonard is much, much better than he was two years ago.

I did not say Clippers would win a short series. I think I said I leaned Clippers in that series but I never made a bet on their series price. Thought it was going to be pretty much a toss up and in fairness it was. Let's be fair - they had a crucial game stolen from them.

OK, now let's forget Ibaka for a second and just address this Thunder team without Harden. You really believe they are better than two years ago? I disagree. You make the experience argument but I honestly see no advancements in Durant or Westbrook's games. Durant still struggles against physical defenders who get up under him and Westbrook is still just as erratic. That's not to say both aren't great players - it's just to say that they are both the same players they were two years ago. And besides, it's not like they needed the experience two years ago seeing that they won that series so I'm not really sure what your point is there.

Now let's add in the fact that Ibaka is out and that's a huge loss that shouldn't be overlooked. Thunder go small and they'll get destroyed down low. On the flip, Durant could get favorable matchups on offense but do you really want him guarding a big man like Splitter/Duncan? Collison isn't good enough to battle with Duncan either. I like Adams but I think he'll get in foul trouble if they try to give him a lot of minutes.

I don't see how you can argue that the Spurs are a step slower. Parker is still the same player he's been for the past 10 years. There's been no drop off. Ginobili is still really good and so is Duncan. And like I said, the "others" have all gotten better (Green, Diaw, Splitter, Mills, etc) while Leonard is much, much better than he was two years ago.
OKC isn't as good as they were two years ago but they're still really good. I'm not even trying to argue that they're better without Ibaka and Harden.

With that said, I don't think Miami is as good as they were two years ago either.

As for the Spurs, they're as good as they been then last three years but they're not much better IMO. They're still damn good but I don't see them being better than last year or the year before.

Hell, they won 20 straight and were up 2-0 on OKC before losing in the conference finals two years ago. They were getting talked up then too.

Durant and Westbrook will take a ton of shots. That's what they do. With Ibaka out it's just means more shots for KD and Westbrook which I don't think will hurt OKC that
much.

Losing Ibaka hurts on defense but the Spurs interior game doesn't scare me as much as the Clippers. I'm really only worried about Adams getting into foul trouble like you said but Collison can do serviceable work.

It will be an interesting couple of weeks.

Honestly I thought the Clippers would beat OKC but even if OKC stole a game, LA stole a game OKC led by 16 in the fourth quarter. OKC proved to be the better team the entire series.

OKC isn't as good as they were two years ago but they're still really good. I'm not even trying to argue that they're better without Ibaka and Harden.

With that said, I don't think Miami is as good as they were two years ago either.

As for the Spurs, they're as good as they been then last three years but they're not much better IMO. They're still damn good but I don't see them being better than last year or the year before.

Hell, they won 20 straight and were up 2-0 on OKC before losing in the conference finals two years ago. They were getting talked up then too.

Durant and Westbrook will take a ton of shots. That's what they do. With Ibaka out it's just means more shots for KD and Westbrook which I don't think will hurt OKC that
much.

Losing Ibaka hurts on defense but the Spurs interior game doesn't scare me as much as the Clippers. I'm really only worried about Adams getting into foul trouble like you said but Collison can do serviceable work.

It will be an interesting couple of weeks.

Honestly I thought the Clippers would beat OKC but even if OKC stole a game, LA stole a game OKC led by 16 in the fourth quarter. OKC proved to be the better team the entire series.

I meant the bad call at the end fukking the Clippers.

I believe I got every game in that series right two years ago (I may have missed on Spurs spread in Game 1... can't remember if I bet it or not). Basically I was all over Thunder winning that series even after they went down 0-2. I even remember absolutely unloading on OKC live when they went down big in Game 6. Point being, this isn't some bias or something. This is my honest opinion. RIGHT NOW, the Spurs are a better team, and it certainly helps that San Antonio is firing on all cylinders at the moment while the Thunder just lost a key cog.

I think okc is going to lose in a short series man. Not overreacting to last night. I just don't think they are that good of a team. Westbrook and Durant take a lot of really bad shots
This was the post I was referencing when I said you picked LA in a short series.

OKC may not have a good team but they have two superstars so they always have a chance.

The Spurs have a better team top to bottom but so did the Clippers IMO.

both of you are correct to some extent in my opinion..i just like spurs in this matchup. i dont think kd and rw can win 4 games on jump shots..last 6 minutes of the game spurs will get much better looks and throughout the series it will make the difference..it will be hard to score enough tough jumpers to win for okc..i did play spurs tonight and i would say spurs win 4-2 series i dont think it goes 7...

Quote Originally Posted by europe_baller View Post
both of you are correct to some extent in my opinion..i just like spurs in this matchup. i dont think kd and rw can win 4 games on jump shots..last 6 minutes of the game spurs will get much better looks and throughout the series it will make the difference..it will be hard to score enough tough jumpers to win for okc..i did play spurs tonight and i would say spurs win 4-2 series i dont think it goes 7...
Can't argue with that assessment. It makes sense. I just think it goes 6-7 games and will be really competitive. OKC has a chance...they have the two best players on the court.

The Spurs have the better team and better coach but sometimes that can't overcome superstars.

Should be a good series. I don't see a sweep or 5 game series at all.

This was the post I was referencing when I said you picked LA in a short series.

OKC may not have a good team but they have two superstars so they always have a chance.

The Spurs have a better team top to bottom but so did the Clippers IMO.
Oh right I guess that was after Game 1. Yea I remember now. I thought Clippers were going to win Game 2 as well which would have put them up 2-0 WITH homecourt. I didn't say it before the series though. In fact, I took Thunder in Game 1.

Oh right I guess that was after Game 1. Yea I remember now. I thought Clippers were going to win Game 2 as well which would have put them up 2-0 WITH homecourt. I didn't say it before the series though. In fact, I took Thunder in Game 1.
Yeah will I picked LA to win the series because they have a better team top to bottom and I thought they had a lot better coach but Rivers did some dumb shit in that series. I didn't bet it but that was my prediction.

Paul didn't play well either except game 1.

Can't argue with that assessment. It makes sense. I just think it goes 6-7 games and will be really competitive. OKC has a chance...they have the two best players on the court.

The Spurs have the better team and better coach but sometimes that can't overcome superstars.

Should be a good series. I don't see a sweep or 5 game series at all.

yes..i dont see sweep at all... superstars make difference and they are young and fresh enough to play 40-45 mins..also i think spurs will not be able to shut down okc..they will have to outscore them like somebody already said..i can see spurs running away with it at least tonight..we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by europe_baller View Post
yes..i dont see sweep at all... superstars make difference and they are young and fresh enough to play 40-45 mins..also i think spurs will not be able to shut down okc..they will have to outscore them like somebody already said..i can see spurs running away with it at least tonight..we will see.

A sweep is unlikely because like you said, Durant and Westbrook are capable of winning a game themselves. That said, I think there's value and I see a short series here.