Login Search

Sando's All Sports (NBA, AFL, NRL)

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunRua View Post
Whenever I have money on a dog and he takes the first set I generally hedge at that point. Odds fluctuate so much during the match it's crazy not to.
I like hedging favorites too. Davy vs Gasquet I was on Davy -145 and was able to get Gasquet +1350. Very little money being thrown away when you hedge your faves b/c that dog # goes through the roof. That was just one of the rare times it was a good idea to follow through w/ it

NBA Sunday

Un-believable. I was exhausted after the tennis work and fell asleep literally as I was posting my NBA card, which at the time was only 2 x plays. Thunder -6.5 and Detroit 1st Half over. If you go back a page or two you will see the conversation between myself and brain freeze about where I was taking OKC so I hope some of you played it just based on that even though I didn't post the play.

Memphis @ Phoenix
Grizzlies -4 (-109, $1.91 Sportingbet) 2x
*Some books still have -4, if not recommend buy the hook or PYOL for no worse than -117. This should be a low scoring game but the total has already been pounded under too much for my liking. There is a small chance of the hook coming into play but I think the Griz will build a nice lead throughout the game and as long as their 4th quarter woes don't continue then they should be able to hang onto it. My instincts tell me Z-Bo will play, the Griz need him and there is nothing really that wrong with him. Scola a solid defender but him and Gortat should struggle against the Griz low post game, expect Conley to feed the post a lot. Phoenix struggles against solid defensive teams, see how Dragic likes the Memphis perimeter D while he tries dancing around the perimeter doing his best Steve Nash impersonation while he looks for angles, yet Conley will not allow that, and Allen will make life difficult for Brown/Dudley, Suns 2 most dangerous players who both thrive on having space, especially Dudley for his pull up J, Griz match up great with the Suns and we are getting nice value as the books and a lot of the public have written Memphis off. These guys are slumping but they will sort it out, too big, too much talent, solid coach. I am still a believer, they will be a force in the West come play-offs, nobody will want to play them, especially the Thunder, Lakers and Spurs. (A team that comes out alive from a 7 game play off series with the Griz will probably resemble a casualty ward in a field hospital).

**If your book only gives -4.5 option then play is good for 1-1.5 units.

NBA Totals

Charlotte @ Detroit
1st Half Over 97.5 (-110, $1.90 Pinnacle) 1x
*Pistons are a high scoring 1st half team, especially at home, and the Bobcats give up the most 1st half points in the league.

Over 194 (-109, $1.91 Sportingbet) 1x
Last edited by sando; 01-06-13 at 03:15 PM.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

GrubyBob gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

knowlove85 gave sando 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
Mate when I just did my spreads I capped it at -8 to -8.5 OKC, I have a feeling the Thunder will roll right through the Raptors tomorrow and actually I am considering a play on it. Line has already come into -6.5, which is a bit strange as seems the majority of money is coming in on the Thunder, but regardless if it somehow comes down to -6 (which I doubt) I will most likely pounce on it.
Good call Sando

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_de1st View Post
Betfair is best for hedging (shotgun knows what im talking about, don't you?) but unfortunately for americans, they can't use it
I'm unable to process anything you say whilst looking at your avatar.

But yeah Betfair is awesome for many reasons, must suck betting/gambling in the US.

NBA Card complete.

Like the Pistons to smash the Bobcats, but with the two Total's already in play, do not want to load up any more on the one game. Also like the Lakers -2.5, but that line is more suspicous than a nun doing squats in a cucumber field, as is the money continuing to flow in on the Nuggets?

*For live bettors - consider jumping on the Pistons in play if you can pick them up for -6 to -7.
Last edited by sando; 01-06-13 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
NBA Card complete.

Like the Pistons to smash the Bobcats, but with the two Total's already in play, do not want to load up any more on the one game. Also like the Lakers -2.5, but that line is more suspicous than a nun doing squats in a cucumber field, as is the money continuing to flow in on the Nuggets?

*For live bettors - consider jumping on the Pistons in play if you can pick them up for -6 to -7.
Man these Bobcats are so unpredictable. One half they play lights out and then give it all back in 2nd half. Pistons in the palace though are tough. I'm probably rolling Cats +4 1/2 1H and over 97 1/2 1H. Locked in your Tennis plays on Bengu and Oprandi so here's hoping we cash tonight. GL

Happy Birthday Shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by GrubyBob View Post
Sando, what do you think about Sousa (+1.5) $2.45 ?
Thanks for your tips!
Prefer the + games, he could lose in straights and still cover (7-6 6-3, 6-4 6-4, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze0 View Post
Man these Bobcats are so unpredictable. One half they play lights out and then give it all back in 2nd half. Pistons in the palace though are tough. I'm probably rolling Cats 1H and over 1H. Locked in your Tennis plays on Bengu and Oprandi so here's hoping we cash tonight. GL
You from motor city mate?

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze0 View Post
haha naw. Houston, Tx. Love the Memphis play tonight as well though bought a half point. Memphis knows they can't let their standing slip away and GS slipping in fast. They lost their last game so they need this win. Add to that they lost their last game vs Suns
Nice, had a unit on the Texans yesterday. Seen your posts in other NBA threads, clearly you know your stuff, so your input is appreciated.

Last edited by sando; 01-06-13 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thorny View Post
Sando, I agree with Keys and Sloane as future for USA Womens. What do you make of McHale? You think she still has potential?
Sorry for the late reply mate. Here is your answer.

Adding Tennis.

WTA Sydney

Li v McHale
McHale +4.5 (-104, $1.96 Pinnacle) 1x