Login Search

NBA Daily Picks

Last Post

updated ver. got the date typo.

27aprl.GIF

Atlanta at Orlando
Three teams had their back to wall & held out the elimination at home: Pacers, Sixers and Denver today.
Orlando too, will look to survive one more game at home.

SVG & Otis Smith is on the chopping block, unless they have a hidden immunity now is the time to play it.

BUDLIGHT COLD HARD FACTS: including playoff record between these two teams
Atlanta:
Under is 37-15 in ATL last 52 vs. NBA Southeast.
Under is 12-5 in ATL last 17 road games.

Orlando:
ORL are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 home games.
Under is 9-2 in ORL last 11 vs. NBA Southeast.
ORL are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 Tue. games.

Head to Head:
ATL are 8-0 ATS in the last 8 meetings.
Underdog is 8-0 ATS in the last 8 meetings.

in the last 3 games we can see they were decided by an average 4.5 points.

Take Atlanta +7.5
Take total under 178

Bulls will wrap it up 4-1.

But we have yet to see the Bulls win by a double digit.

Indiana:
IND are 11-4-1 ATS in their last 16 Tue. games.
Under is 9-4 in IND last 13 road games.

Chicago:
CHI are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 home games.
Under is 10-4 in CHI last 14 Tue. games.

Take Indiana +9.5
Take total under 187

Last edited by kobstopa; 04-26-11 at 03:37 AM.

Love the under in Atl/Orl, these teams have a history of playing under the total whether in the regular season or playoffs. I don't seed that changing here. I'm going to wait for the ref assignments before locking it though.

The bulls under scares me. Ive cashed every game of that series except the last game where I played the over but the teams both shot under 39% for the second game in a row. If I remember the line movement on that game, the total steamed up 3 points before tip as the syndicates and smart money were on the over. I see the same reasons for the over in this game. Can these two teams really shot under 40% for a third game in a row or do they revert to their averages.

I have no doubt rose plays and I might play the over in the bulls game small.

Don't you like the lakers under as well? I see that one staying under just like atl/orlando. Those are the two best plays imho.

GoodLuck on your plays.
Last edited by Love The Action; 04-26-11 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
Love the under in Atl/Orl, these teams have a history of playing under the total whether in the regular season or playoffs. I don't seed that changing here. I'm going to wait for the ref assignments before locking it though.

The bulls under scares me. Ive cashed every game of that series except the last game where I played the over but the teams both shot under 39% for the second game in a row. If I remember the line movement on that game, the total steamed up 3 points before tip as the syndicates and smart money were on the over. I see the same reasons for the over in this game. Can these two teams really shot under 40% for a third game in a row or do they revert to their averages.

I have no doubt rose plays and I might play the over in the bulls game small.

Don't you like the lakers under as well? I see that one staying under just like atl/orlando. Those are the two best plays imho.

GoodLuck on your plays.
Can these two teams really shot under 40% for a third game in a row or do they revert to their averages.

I really cant put an exact answer to that, but would be very surprised to see more than 43 % on average, the defense had been air tight on both sides, difficult to see the basket, combination of a lot of hits and miss, a block shot here and there. One of significant adjustment with the Pacers is their style of defense is similar to the Bulls; they do learn something from this series.

Lakers/hornets, i look at it from a plain stat of scoring cycle, it's on an alternate hi-lo, plus
again, it's really a number of factors: there's a few finishers between these teams can really shoot against difficult spacing & can really score against a good defense locked on them,
Kob creates his own shots
Pau can hit that low post/so bynum
CP3 can take it in many form off the pick & in the lane, he can take his own shots when they space out for his assist targets.

....i can go forever here, but thing seem fall into places... it could go similar to the spur/mem game today,.
but overall I think the Lakers will force the action, as they want to build the lead into late period and down want to play from behind, the hornets will too go with this pace. It will be a lot of energy at LA, the hornets themselves will come out with focus on every play.
Last edited by kobstopa; 04-26-11 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kobstopa View Post
Can these two teams really shot under 40% for a third game in a row or do they revert to their averages.

I really cant put an exact answer to that, but would be very surprised to see more than 43 % on average, the defense had been air tight on both sides, difficult to see the basket, combination of a lot of hits and miss, a block shot here and there. One of significant adjustment with the Pacers is their style of defense is similar to the Bulls; they do learn something from this series.

Lakers/hornets, i look at it from a plain stat of scoring cycle, it's on an alternate hi-lo, plus
again, it's really a number of factors: there's a few finishers between these teams can really shoot against difficult spacing & can really score against a good defense locked on them,
Kob creates his own shots
Pau can hit that low post/so bynum
CP3 can take it in many form off the pick & in the lane, he can take his own shots when they space out for his assist targets.

....i can go forever here, but thing seem fall into places... it could go similar to the spur/mem game today,.
but overall I think the Lakers will force the action, as they want to build the lead into late period and down want to play from behind, the hornets will too go with this pace. It will be a lot of energy at LA, the hornets themselves
will come out with focus on every
play.

Great analysis. Thanks for your thoughts. I do agree about your hi-low assessment in the lakers game. I also agree that that the lakers will be really aggressive. However, I feel we see a letdown and poor shooting from the hornets tonight. The lakers need to stress defense tonight and I see both teams slowing it down in the second half and playing a half court defensive game. Plus, I think we will see a low scoring game in one of the next two games, so I will play the under small today and go bigger in the next game if it doesn't hit. My concern is that a few late foul calls help push it over and will be interested to see the ref assignments.

Good luck tonight on all your plays. You have some great thoughts and I appreciate your thread.

And it seems that some people decided to play ball tonight.
Tonight wasn't great as far as results but happens.
I like the Grizzlies and the Thunders tomorrow to cover, don't see Spurs blowing them like today's games.
OKC will probably readjust and make better shot decision for this game making it really hard for the Denver team to keep it up.

What do you think Kob?

27aprl.GIF

heats 3-1GIF.GIF

Like a cut scene at the start of " The Apocalypse Now" ......
This is the end, Beautiful friend
This is the end My only friend, the end....."add the rest of that elevator music"...... by the doors.

James the assassin & his machete masquerade the buffalo sixers. Act 4 scene 1.

Take Miami -11
Take total under 186

okc.GIF

Denver had won just one game & already sent OKC's coaching staff into a mild migraine.
At least they know how to fix it. Play defense, keep the nugg under 95 points, 2nd round here we come.

Take OKC -6.5
Take total under 205

Last edited by kobstopa; 04-27-11 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garbin View Post
And it seems that some people decided to play ball tonight.
Tonight wasn't great as far as results but happens.
I like the Grizzlies and the Thunders tomorrow to cover, don't see Spurs blowing them like today's games.
OKC will probably readjust and make better shot decision for this game making it really hard for the Denver team to keep it up.

What do you think Kob?
spur/grizz - I think it will decide by a bucket
OKC will close it out, KD will shoot light out. Denvers put a resistance at half & then let it go just like the Hawks & the Pacers today's games.