Login Search

Knicks - 225 / Pacers +190 Series Price.

Last Post

Default Knicks - 225 / Pacers +190 Series Price.

Pacers are major value as a 2:1 series underdog.

Forget my nerdy analytical tables and what not.
I just watched pretty much every game of the Pacers and Knicks series.
This is just my eye test opinion; the Knicks are not demonstratively better than Indy.

New York has home court advantage, I get all that, I was expecting the series opener to be New York -160 no higher than -170.

Not -225
Give Points

Points Awarded:

SBR Andy gave stevenash 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
Pacers are major value as a 2:1 series underdog.

Forget my nerdy analytical tables and what not.
I just watched pretty much every game of the Pacers and Knicks series.
This is just my eye test opinion; the Knicks are not demonstratively better than Indy.

New York has home court advantage, I get all that, I was expecting the series opener to be New York -160 no higher than -170.

Not -225
Nashy, you are 100% right. I expected this to be much shorter. Would expect it to go down.

I follow these teams closely. IND is legit. But they may be viewed as a one-way team: Offense but not much DEF.

If you want a player to view, look at NYK Mitchell Robinson. If he's healthy, he's a great player. But he's been dinged, he's been in-and-out.

Nashy, will check back later on this one. Will think about it.

I'll give you a funny one. Have watched Pacer games:
*This TJ McConnell guy is a solid guard for ball handling and distribution. But he has a broke-jumper.
...This is important b/c teams sag off him and give him the 3ptr. This is huge in the modern game, b/c TJ actually constricts the spacing of other players.

I've thought about it. As of right now, I'm passing Gm1 and the Series bet.

I'd love to be on IND. They're LONGER. If this was a prize fight, we'd say that the Pacers have a longer reach.

Thibs has been cheating with a smallish lineup. Hart is an undersized 4-man. Knick bench was unusually short last game. Thibs played only 7 guys. Bogdanovic was out, and Achiuwa did not play.

Mitchell Robinson is back. But he hasn't been consistent upon return. He's a factor, b/c he's the 2nd legit big-man on the Knick roster.

If Robinson was deemed unfit, I'd quickly tilt to IND. As is, I could say that BOTH of these teams are overrated:
*The Knick/Sixer series was incredibly close. Net Pt Diff of +1pt to the Knicks. Embiid labored, and the Knicks still struggled to put the Sixers away. Game2 was decided on a blown call, when the foul on Maxey was ignored.
*The Bucks are frankly not very good. Lillard had the insane 1h of game 1. But he'll shoot you of more games than he'll win. Pacers were fortunate to be lined up with an injured Buck unit. Bucks were not much resistance, and Portis helped out by getting tossed in Game 4.

If I have any takeaway from the Eastern series:
*I love my Boston chalk future to win the East.
...They can win it even if Porzingis doesn't play again in the next two series.
...BOSTON's bench actually could challenge IND in a series. I truly believe that.
...Horford/Pritchard/Hauser/Kornet are good players. The Porzingis absence has not yet been felt.

*Knick/Pacer winner into the Eastern Conf Finals is going to feel light.
...Going deep into the NBA Playoffs, these teams figure to look like Light-weights.
...Knicks are under-sized. They've over-achieved as much as any team this season.
...Pacers have good players. But they're mostly about getting comfortable on Offense + hitting shots.
...Pacers lack bulk and defensive intensity. And I think they're at least a year away.
...One funny observation. Both teams have a shooter that Opposing Coaches will beg to shoot: Hart (NY) and McConnell (IND). Teams will sag off + beg them to shoot 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
So take Pacers? Or you like NY but there’s no value in taking them?

Degen wants to know!
Right now, I'm considering using Indy at +200 for the series, then I can adjust accordingly from game to game.
I think Indy can be a handful for the MSG yahoos.

I'm a TAG spot dog player.
Anytime I can get +200 on a wager I think should be priced at +150 give or take, usually I'll bet it.

Brunson and Haliburton are studs, the two PG's cancel each other out, there is no clear advantage there.
I don't like to throw around the word 'elite' but Turner as evolved into a top-notch center.

No knock-on Hartenstein, Mitchell Robinson, or anybody else Thibs wants to throw out there into the pivot, they can't hold a candle to Indy's front court with Siakam, Turner, and Toppin.

While there's no clear advantage on either point guard, Pacers have the better front court.
I really do like the Knicks hybrid rotation.
When Randall went down that left a major void at PF.

Thibs used what he had and started one true PG, one true Center, and three very good shooting guards and small forwards.
(Hart, DiVincenzo, and Anunoby)
I love the way Anunoby plays defense too.

I'm not saying the Pacers will sweep in four.
I wouldn't be surprised if NYK won in six games.
I can see this thing going to the limit, imagine a game seven featuring Boston and New York.
Holy Cash Cow Batman

What I am saying, and this my opinion only
-225 is an insult to the Pacers.
Indy has a very real chance of advancing, there's no big talent gap,
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Headsterx gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Right now, I'm considering using Indy at +200 for the series, then I can adjust accordingly from game to game.
I think Indy can be a handful for the MSG yahoos.

I'm a TAG spot dog player.
Anytime I can get +200 on a wager I think should be priced at +150 give or take, usually I'll bet it.

Brunson and Haliburton are studs, the two PG's cancel each other out, there is no clear advantage there.
I don't like to throw around the word 'elite' but Turner as evolved into a top-notch center.

No knock-on Hartenstein, Mitchell Robinson, or anybody else Thibs wants to throw out there into the pivot, they can't hold a candle to Indy's front court with Siakam, Turner, and Toppin.

While there's no clear advantage on either point guard, Pacers have the better front court.
I really do like the Knicks hybrid rotation.
When Randall went down that left a major void at PF.

Thibs used what he had and started one true PG, one true Center, and three very good shooting guards and small forwards.
(Hart, DiVincenzo, and Anunoby)
I love the way Anunoby plays defense too.

I'm not saying the Pacers will sweep in four.
I wouldn't be surprised if NYK won in six games.
I can see this thing going to the limit, imagine a game seven featuring Boston and New York.
Holy Cash Cow Batman

All that said u r missing from he big thing here …

the nba wants New York to advance

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
the nba wants New York to advance
I went out of my way to make that point three times in the past two days Johnny.

I'm hardly a steel colander wearing conspiracy kook, but I know firsthand how money makes things happen, and if it's Boston and NYK in that conference final, I believe all the executives involved will make beau coup dollars, and it's not like the NBA and the Knicks have been involved in some pretty squirrelly events involving ping pong balls and a really tall center from Georgetown.

Yeah, I'm not using the 'rigged' word, I do think Silver and Tatum (The other Tatum) have the ways and means to influence things.

"Money doesn't talk it swears obscenities"
'It's All Right Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)'
-Bob Dylan

How's things up there in the Peninsula State Johnny?
Last edited by stevenash; 05-03-24 at 10:30 AM.

I went out of my way to make that point three times in the past two days Johnny.

I'm hardly a steel colander wearing conspiracy kook, but I know firsthand how money makes things happen, and if it's Boston and NYK in that conference final, I believe all the executives involved will make beau coup dollars, and it's not like the NBA and the Knicks have been involved in some pretty squirrelly events involving ping pong balls and a really tall center from Georgetown.

Yeah, I'm not using the 'rigged' word, I do think Silver and Tatum (The other Tatum) have the ways and means to influence things.

"Money doesn't talk it swears obscenities"
'It's All Right Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)'
-Bob Dylan

How's things up there in the Peninsula State Johnny?
All good Nash

gonna get my kayak out soon …

Is it really an insult though ?

If this went to Game 7, what do you think the odds would be ?

I'd say right around -225 Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
Nashy, will check back later on this one. Will think about it.

I'll give you a funny one. Have watched Pacer games:
*This TJ McConnell guy is a solid guard for ball handling and distribution. But he has a broke-jumper.
...This is important b/c teams sag off him and give him the 3ptr. This is huge in the modern game, b/c TJ actually constricts the spacing of other players.
I've been multi-tasking like a bunny rabbit all day, haven't had a chance to comment on your astute points.

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
Is it really an insult though ?

If this went to Game 7, what do you think the odds would be ?

I'd say right around -225 Knicks
You make some good counterpoints as well
Give Points

Points Awarded:

asiagambler gave stevenash 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.