Login Search

T-Wizz 2014 NBA Playoffs

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
I'm not backing OKC tonight but will back them in games 6 and 7 if that tells anyone anything. Lol.

It's not that I don't think they can win, I just feel KD and Westbrook have better games when their backs are against the wall. That will be game 7.

Even though it's 2-2, Spurs are the more desperate team BC they aren't winning game 6.

I think OKC has a a decent shot tonight but more signs point to the Spurs playing better IMO.
i used to think you were a "homer" (the annoying kind) but you're actually a loyal fan who doesnt always back his team..
the exact kind of homer that is good for a site like this...ha

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
i used to think you were a "homer" (the annoying kind) but you're actually a loyal fan who doesnt always back his team..
the exact kind of homer that is good for a site like this...ha

Debatable. He gets very defensive about his team. Tries to play both sides a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
BigD's analysis is usually spot on regarding his team. I've warned others not to fade the guy when speaking of a game involving Thunder because he has that good of a read on them. And he's a good guy

Not so sure about that. He kind of got bailed out this series when Ibaka came back. He had Thunder winning this series when Serge wasn't even supposed to play. I doubt it would have gone past 5 games if he hadn't returned but we'll never know for sure. He was also dead wrong on them in the Finals two years ago. Other than that, he's usually shied away from any predictions. More just given his thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
Spurs

Looks like you're starting to heat up.

Bro you know the thing is I've actually been very good during both Conference Finals outside of those two games in OKC where I got drilled. The Ibaka thing burned me but as it turned out, I should not have gone so big in Game 4. I thought it was the right side.

Can the Spurs win Game 6? I'm not going to dismiss that just because of what happened in Games 3 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
Debatable. He gets very defensive about his team. Tries to play both sides a lot.
I don't play both sides a lot. If anything I could say that about you. You predict Spurs won't win more than two rounds and then you say they'll sweep OKC. Then you play OKC first half in game two. WTF kind of sense does that make?

I'm right more often than not about OKC and you know it. I find it funny you bring up that I was wrong "two" years ago. Funny how you don't bring up that I was on fire that playoffs and predicted every OKC series correctly except the finals. As for that Finals, three of those games were one possession games in the final minute and OKC lost. It is what it is. The better team wins close games and definitely wins a seven game series. I'll take that like a man and admit I was wrong because it doesn't bother me to do that.

As for this series, I think you have no clue. I like how you say I got bailed out by Ibaka when OKC lost by 28 points tonight with Ibaka. How do you know they couldn't win at home without him? They played virtually the same in San Antonio tonight as they did in games 1 and 2.

Also, many people can vouch that I pick against OKC all the time. It's all documented on this site as well. At one point I was correct in fading OKC over 7 straight wagers. This included saying teams like the Cavs and Raptors could win outright and they did.

Bottom line, you said this would be 4-0 or 4-1 San Antonio. I pretty much guaranteed OKC would win and cover games 3 and 4 and then I warned against taking them tonight and "didn't" take them. Then I stated OKC would cover games 6 and 7.

This series has gone exactly how I said it would and you have lost like 30 units.

I've given you credit in the past. It doesn't hurt my pride. I don't need anything from you or anyone on this board but don't be in denial.
Last edited by BigDofBA; 05-29-14 at 10:44 PM.

BigD let's get something clear. If either of us have a pride issue over anything whatsoever on this site then it's time for a major re-evaluation.

I think you know that Ibaka's return changed this series but we're not going to debate that because we could go back and forth and the truth is there's no way to prove it either way.

I don't care that you've been trying to get back at me for two years ago. I'm just not oblivious to it, that's all.

As for this series, yea Thunder should win Game 6. I want to see if the Spurs can hang in there though. The Thunder are a team that can look as great as they did in Games 3/4 and also look like they did in Game 1 of the previous series because they have a tendency to shoot so many jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
I think you're right. If the Spurs win another game in this series it will definitely be tonight. OKC will win game 6 regardless.

Who is offering -4? I've only saw 4.5 and 5 today.

I was thinking people may overreact to games 3-4. OKC still has a lot of work to do.
So I give T-Wizzle props from time to time and then I tell him earlier today that I think he is right about tonight's game even though I'm a Thunder fan....and he thinks I've been after him for two years???

Wow.

Anyway, nice hits the last few days dude.

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
Bro you know the thing is I've actually been very good during both Conference Finals outside of those two games in OKC where I got drilled. The Ibaka thing burned me but as it turned out, I should not have gone so big in Game 4. I thought it was the right side.

Can the Spurs win Game 6? I'm not going to dismiss that just because of what happened in Games 3 and 4.
That's it man I think you are also right side more often than not but you know what I think about just sizing. I give much more respect to cappers that bet 1 or 2 units each time rather than vary past 5 units often. Sure the 5+ unit players do catch hot sometimes but if you are a high volume bettor as opposed to a spot bettor, 1u is really your real long term EV play