Login Search

T-Wizz 2014 NBA Playoffs

Last Post

Playoffs is not regular season, is all about matchups right ?
i think Indiana will be fine, Was. 2 bigs (gortat and Nene) vs Ind. 2 bigs (Hibert and West).
of course we wil have here others matchups.
One of the major problems of the Bulls were the lack of offensive power. In regular season they can win games playing D, and having less offensive power. Indiana have more players that can score.

What you guys think about this ? we are to discuss basket and profit

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Maniac View Post
Playoffs is not regular season, is all about matchups right ?
i think Indiana will be fine, Was. 2 bigs (gortat and Nene) vs Ind. 2 bigs (Hibert and West).
of course we wil have here others matchups.
One of the major problems of the Bulls were the lack of offensive power. In regular season they can win games playing D, and having less offensive power. Indiana have more players that can score.

What you guys think about this ? we are to discuss basket and profit
Indiana's offense overall is actually not that much better than the Bulls' offense in my mind.

However, they do have one thing the Bulls don't - a "star" go-to player late in games. So I don't expect them to struggle as much to score late in games as Chicago did, which cost them game 2 and almost cost them game 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
Won't Stephenson also make plenty of dumb mistakes and gamble for steals which will help Beal get open shots?
I don't really think so. I see Lance giving Beal a tough time. They could try and run him around on off the ball screens but that's not really Beal's game.

Bradley Beal Under 17.5 pts -130 (.5x)

Just testing something here. I've mentioned in various threads that I think Lance Stephenson is going to make things really tough on Beal this series. Stephenson is such a high energy player and will play very tight to Beal. Beal is a guy who needs to operate in space but he's not the kind of player who runs off screens like a Ray Allen so I expect him to struggle in this series and for Stephenson to kind of get in his head.

Pacers -4 -107 (3x)

Indiana will play some lockdown defense tonight. Wall impressed me with his shooting last series but he is really not a great outside shooter. It's going to be a lot tougher to penetrate on a defense like the Pacers that likes to pack it in.
Last edited by t-wizzle; 05-05-14 at 05:58 PM.

This is why I don't like ppl comparing these up and coming stars like Harden and George to all time greats like Wade. A couple months ago "critics" were saying that Paul George is better than Carmello Anthony, a week later they change their mind. The better player is the guy who you'd rather have in a 7 game series in the playoffs, it's that simple

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
This is why I don't like ppl comparing these up and coming stars like Harden and George to all time greats like Wade. A couple months ago "critics" were saying that Paul George is better than Carmello Anthony, a week later they change their mind. The better player is the guy who you'd rather have in a 7 game series in the playoffs, it's that simple

All he wants to do anymore is stepback jumpers. He dribbles around for 5+ seconds and shoots a long fadeaway. If he would just change speeds he'd get to the rim with ease against some of these defenders. I never put him into that upper echelon but I felt early in the year he was on the verge of becoming a top 5 player within a year or so.