Login Search

Wizards will beat bulls 1st round

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
So next game is very important for the wizards I feel like. Because I know the bulls are coming out guns blazing next game. So what I'm looking for from the wizard win or lose is to see how their body language is. Are they just happy they finally win a playoff game or are they hungry for some more? Will they keep playing casually & missing their free throws? If they loose, will they show their dejection through they're body language or will they be calm and realize they've lost the battle & not the war? Wall & beal shot horribly and I give all the credit to the outstanding defense of hinrich & butler, but the savior in this game was Andre miller. Don't get me wrong, gortat, nene, ariza, wall & beal all played well. But Andre miller was in the game during the stretch they were down by DD and he really took over and his VETERAN leadership really showed. Gortat & nene were ballin and really giving their all against Booz, Noah & taj so that was a good sign. Beal & wall are going to need to snap out of this crap and start making shots. My guess is that how well the wizards established the post with their big men is key to e wizards success also if nene can keep hitting that mid range jumper. So I'm thinking the bulls need to adjust to the big guys down low and then it will open up beal & wall out on the perimeter. Ariza was big time today, he hit some big shots when wizars were in desperation mode. Wizards need to stop making bone head turnovers also & make their free throws, did I say that already? So far the main guys apfor the wizards are gortat, The bulls really could've won this game but they couldn't buy a basket in the 4th quarter. Dj Augustine had a terrible shooting night & mike dunleavy could've shot the ball better. He came outta the 2nd half on fire but thibs took him out and that was that, their 13 point lead disappeared just like that. Jimmy buckets was solid today I really like this dudes game. He was scoring, driving and intercepting passes out there. Captain Kirk was being a pest to wall and he had a good game offensively also. Didn't really see much of Booz & dunleavy in the 4th qt and I don't know why. Thibs kept taj & dj out there too long in the 4th qt IMO. Nobody could score with the lineup he had out there in the 4th but he didn't make any subs.
Bulls 4th quarter line-up always has Boozer on the bench. Thibs plays his best defensive unit in the 4th. Thats why Taj, Noah, Butler, Kirk and DJ generally play the whole 4th quarter. Boozer has sat the entire 4th quarter for around 47 games this year.

Well don't you think he needs to make changes to that? I mean come on dude nobody could score on the court when the wizards defense was turned up in the 4th. He needed to have mike dunleavy or boozer on the court but nope..... They were on the bench
Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
Bulls 4th quarter line-up always has Boozer on the bench. Thibs plays his best defensive unit in the 4th. Thats why Taj, Noah, Butler, Kirk and DJ generally play the whole 4th quarter. Boozer has sat the entire 4th quarter for around 47 games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
Well don't you think he needs to make changes to that? I mean come on dude nobody could score on the court when the wizards defense was turned up in the 4th. He needed to have mike dunleavy or boozer on the court but nope..... They were on the bench
He may change it going forward, although I tend to doubt it. Its been his line-up all year long. He will make defensive adjustments next game.

Yes this is why I hate thibbs sometimes, the guy can be very stubborn at times. I don't think their problem was on the defensive side at all to be honest. They got beat on the glass and bulls big guys were out played by the wizards big guys. I think thibbs needs to figure out a lineup that can produce points during crunch time....
Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
He may change it going forward, although I tend to doubt it. Its been his line-up all year long. He will make defensive adjustments next game.

Oh so your going to base this off of what happened last year between 2 different ball clubs??
Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
thibs isn't an offensive coach, so he really doesn't do much to figure out the offense... if the bulls win the next game, it might be like the chicago/brooklyn game 2 from the last series... where brooklyn got shut out!

your funny man, all im trying to say here is teh bulls aren't really going to work on the offensive side of the game for readjustments and mostly focus on defensive readjustments. It is like this for them whenever they play a team twice and lose a game due to giving up too many points. For the bulls, they think it's unacceptable the wizards were able to score at such a high %.