Login Search

NBA Playoffs 2014 Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
Yep, word for word my thoughts on the total.
Question here....If the line is set at 199 right now, and you think the "actual total" should be 201, do you bet the over, even though that 2 point margin is very small?

Personally, I like to see a bit more variance than two points, aka one garbage bucket, if I am going to bet it.... I typically like to see 5 or more....Just curious your thoughts on this/your personal betting practices here? BOL either way!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattycakes0909 View Post
Question here....If the line is set at 199 right now, and you think the "actual total" should be 201, do you bet the over, even though that 2 point margin is very small?

Personally, I like to see a bit more variance than two points, aka one garbage bucket, if I am going to bet it.... I typically like to see 5 or more....Just curious your thoughts on this/your personal betting practices here? BOL either way!
I think the total points more to the Under because of the history in the 1st game like 1-5 Unders last 6, but SA and Mia been scoring machines so i'm torn here...

I think the total points more to the Under because of the history in the 1st game like 1-5 Unders last 6, but SA and Mia been scoring machines so i'm torn here...
The last 6 matchups (over last 4 seasons) between these two teams, in San Antonio, have been all over the board from a "totals" standpoint, with totals at 220, 174, 190, 202, 218, and 198....no trends, no consistency.....From the eye test, both teams can score and defend well, and are pretty good all-around squads....From just the eye test, I would lean over, but like you said, history also says in the last 5 seasons, betting under's in game 1's has been decently profitable. This makes me stay away from it in game 1......I really do not see how anybody can get a read on how this total will go tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Pattycakes0909 View Post
The last 6 matchups (over last 4 seasons) between these two teams, in San Antonio, have been all over the board from a "totals" standpoint, with totals at 220, 174, 190, 202, 218, and 198....no trends, no consistency.....From the eye test, both teams can score and defend well, and are pretty good all-around squads....From just the eye test, I would lean over, but like you said, history also says in the last 5 seasons, betting under's in game 1's has been decently profitable. This makes me stay away from it in game 1......I really do not see how anybody can get a read on how this total will go tonight
Exactly, I lean over but staying away, gl tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
Man. I got so much riding on this series.
Spurs +950 (series) and Spurs ML (+150).
Would you hedge with Heat series (+135) or Heat points (+5) tonight? I wouldn't feel comfy if I did nothing.
well of course you can hedge heat series for a small profit, but it's the first game and i wouldnt recommend...

well of course you can hedge heat series for a small profit, but it's the first game and i wouldnt recommend...
Ok. Will wager 15% of what I will win with Spurs series win.
If Spurs win, will get ML and then will bet Heat series another 10%.
If Spurs win tonight at least I gain +350 no matter what.