Login Search

NBA Stituational Bet, SDQL

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by pip2 View Post
I really don't think programming experience is necessary. It helped me feel a little more confident about being able to eventually learn the sdql commands, because you kind of feel that if you can learn a set of C commands, for instance, then you should be able to learn these sdql commands. But the individual commands you use and the strategies you use when programming tend to be very different from what you do when you use sdql. In one respect, programming can be easier, especially with today's compilers, because they are designed to help you figure out whatever mistake you might have made. Sdql, on the other hand, tends to just tell you that you made a mistake, and you have to figure the rest out for yourself.

But when you program something you are building an entire structure and orderly procedure of commands that all have to work together to do what you need. In sdql, the structure is already there for you, and you basically just need to spit out one line of commands to describe the situation you are curious about. And that one line can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it.
pip2 - Thanks that's helpful. I know the other person above is giving me a hard time but I actually did read this entire thread last night but it was in the middle of the night because I was up sick so maybe I missed some pieces because there were a few things that I never figured out in my reading. Was hoping that getting a copy of this 'sheet' would clear some or all of it up. What program is this being run in/on? Is the 'sheet' on the same program? If the 'sheet' is not being shared with noobs anymore could you shed some light on the best way for someone like myself to try and start looking into this on my own? Appreciate your thoughts above and any other useful advice from you or other experienced users.

If it helps I'm not a flash in the pan. I've been sports gambling for over 20 years but only seriously for the last 10. Over the last 10 years one thing has become clear to me I have only been able to win consistently in one sport football, luckily both college and pro, but have not been able to ever put together consistent winning seasons in NBA, NHL or NCAAB. I have a math, accounting & science back ground so that is why I got sucked into this thread last night because the nature of how this works (or at least my limited understanding of how it works) speaks to me. Again any help guidance would be appreciated. I can see that you core guys have put a lot of time and energy into this and I'm not looking for just a free ride (the old give a man a fish/teach a man to fish proverb). I'm out of work with an injury right now and have more time than usual to dedicate to learning something new like this (again what pulled me into reading this whole thread).

Anyway again would appreciate any help and guidance.

The best way for any beginner to learn sdql is to read the manuals @ sdql dot com and killersports dot com. Pay special attention to the listed parameters for each sport. They also offer a google group, where one can search for previously asked questions. Bol

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
The best way for any beginner to learn sdql is to read the manuals @ sdql dot com and killersports dot com. Pay special attention to the listed parameters for each sport. They also offer a google group, where one can search for previously asked questions. Bol
Thanks Jmon. Just quickly check both sites out and will start in on some reading after the kids go down tonight.

So is this thread done. Are you guys done collaborating on here?

Quote Originally Posted by lovetobet View Post
pip2 - Thanks that's helpful. I know the other person above is giving me a hard time but I actually did read this entire thread last night but it was in the middle of the night because I was up sick so maybe I missed some pieces because there were a few things that I never figured out in my reading. Was hoping that getting a copy of this 'sheet' would clear some or all of it up. What program is this being run in/on? Is the 'sheet' on the same program? If the 'sheet' is not being shared with noobs anymore could you shed some light on the best way for someone like myself to try and start looking into this on my own? Appreciate your thoughts above and any other useful advice from you or other experienced users.

If it helps I'm not a flash in the pan. I've been sports gambling for over 20 years but only seriously for the last 10. Over the last 10 years one thing has become clear to me I have only been able to win consistently in one sport football, luckily both college and pro, but have not been able to ever put together consistent winning seasons in NBA, NHL or NCAAB. I have a math, accounting & science back ground so that is why I got sucked into this thread last night because the nature of how this works (or at least my limited understanding of how it works) speaks to me. Again any help guidance would be appreciated. I can see that you core guys have put a lot of time and energy into this and I'm not looking for just a free ride (the old give a man a fish/teach a man to fish proverb). I'm out of work with an injury right now and have more time than usual to dedicate to learning something new like this (again what pulled me into reading this whole thread).

Anyway again would appreciate any help and guidance.
The sheet consists of nearly 300 single queries, many of which are of dubious value even in good seasons, and I don't think this is a good season, so there are many more queries from that sheet that are perhaps only for this year of dubious value. At any rate, 300 queries is a lot to deal with as it is, and when you consider that each of those queries probably needs to be scrutinized carefully with an expert eye, at this point in time in your sdql career you are probably just as well off without it.

If you have gone over the thread, you will have seen a number of queries that eventually ended up on the sheet. Certainly enough of these to keep you busy building up your sdql capacity. Have you visited Killersports and tried a simple query?

As an experienced gambler you might have more of an edge than an experienced programmer. I got on one nba gambling site near the beginning of the season and was running queries in response to requests from some of the gamblers on that site, and I really appreciated the opportunity to get a glimpse of what kinds of things they were interested in looking at. One of the few queries I have written that doesn't completely suck, came from writing a query to match a situation as described by one of those guys.

At any rate, the best advice I could think of for you would be to start thinking up all the situations that you as a gambler have always wondered about as far as perhaps those situations might make good bets. And then, one by one, try to figure out the sdql to describe those situations and get the results that show whether there is really a bet there.

I think it might be debatable how valuable a tool sdql is. But to me there is no debate as to whether its valuable or not. There is a set of queries I run daily just to get a quick run down on who is playing b2b, 4in5, is just back from a long road trip, etc, and that quick rundown by itself makes sdql valuable to me. But I'm also pretty sure that's just the very tip of the iceberg in terms of value.

And there is a lot of room for using your own imagination to increase the value, which makes it at the very least, quite an entertaining hobby.

fade pip query library day 5

Spurs(X6W)(A7)/Clippers(H7)(-2.5--203.0) -- SU: 82-44 (4.31, 65.1%) -- ATS: 84-37-5 (3.28, 69.4%)6W10LWWWWLLWLLLLLWLLL -- OU: 60-64-2 (0.48, 48.4%) L5

Spurs(X7U)(A7)/Clippers(H7)(-2.5--203.0) -- SU: 49-34 (1.10, 59.0%) -- ATS: 37-41-5 (0.64, 47.4%) -- OU: 27-55-1 (-5.24, 32.9%)9O7UUOOOUUUOOOOOUUUO NBA18 from NBA18 on Nash sheet

Spurs(10W)(A7)/Clippers(H7)(-2.5--203.0) -- SU: 93-27 (7.38, 77.5%) -- ATS: 77-41-2 (3.06, 65.3%)10W6LWLWWLWWWLLLWWWWL -- OU: 60-59-1 (0.43, 50.4%) NBA22 from NBA22 on Nash sheet

Thunder(X7O)(H7)/Mavericks(A7)(-5.0--214.5) -- SU: 222-163 (3.22, 57.7%) -- ATS: 183-196-6 (-0.28, 48.3%) -- OU: 221-159-5 (3.19, 58.2%)7O9UOUOUUUOOUUOOUOUU NBA87

Spurs(8U)(A7)/Clippers(H7)(-2.5--203.0) -- SU: 223-333 (-3.53, 40.1%) -- ATS: 268-281-7 (0.03, 48.8%) -- OU: 233-312-11 (-2.28, 42.8%)8O8UUOUUOUUUOOOUOOOU NBA205

Mavericks(10L10UU)(A7)/Thunder(H7)(5.0--214.5) -- SU: 106-97 (1.06, 52.2%) -- ATS: 87-114-2 (-1.01, 43.3%)5W10LLLWLWLWLLWLLWLPL -- OU: 87-114-2 (0.78, 43.3%)6O10UUOUUUUUOUOOOUUUO NBA214

fade translation:

dal beats okc 1 units
lac beats sa 2 units
sa/lac O 2 units

Default fade pip query library day 6

33 active queries found today so I will skip straight to the fade translation:

det beats chi 1 unit
det/chi O 1 unit
mn beats phx 1 unit
mn/phx O 1 unit
tor/atl U 1 unit
tor beats atl 1 unit
ny beats mia 3 units
ny/mia O 1 unit
por/ut O 2 units
sac beats bos 1 unit
sac/bos O 1 unit
dal/hou O 1 unit
lal beats bkn 1 unit
den beats mil 1 unit
orl beats no 1 unit
gs beats sa 2 units
sa/gs O 1 unit
wsh beats cle 6 units
wsh/cle O 1 unit

det beats chi 1 unit --> +1
det/chi O 1 unit --> -1
mn beats phx 1 unit --> +1
mn/phx O 1 unit --> +1
tor/atl U 1 unit --> +1
tor beats atl 1 unit --> +1
ny beats mia 3 units --> -3
ny/mia O 1 unit --> +1
por/ut O 2 units --> -2
sac beats bos 1 unit --> +1
sac/bos O 1 unit --> +1
dal/hou O 1 unit --> 0
lal beats bkn 1 unit --> -1
den beats mil 1 unit --> -1
orl beats no 1 unit --> +1
gs beats sa 2 units --> +2
sa/gs O 1 unit --> 0
wsh beats cle 6 units --> -6
wsh/cle O 1 unit --> +1

total -2
running total +8
(50-42)

Quote Originally Posted by pip2 View Post
The sheet consists of nearly 300 single queries, many of which are of dubious value even in good seasons, and I don't think this is a good season, so there are many more queries from that sheet that are perhaps only for this year of dubious value. At any rate, 300 queries is a lot to deal with as it is, and when you consider that each of those queries probably needs to be scrutinized carefully with an expert eye, at this point in time in your sdql career you are probably just as well off without it.

If you have gone over the thread, you will have seen a number of queries that eventually ended up on the sheet. Certainly enough of these to keep you busy building up your sdql capacity. Have you visited Killersports and tried a simple query?

As an experienced gambler you might have more of an edge than an experienced programmer. I got on one nba gambling site near the beginning of the season and was running queries in response to requests from some of the gamblers on that site, and I really appreciated the opportunity to get a glimpse of what kinds of things they were interested in looking at. One of the few queries I have written that doesn't completely suck, came from writing a query to match a situation as described by one of those guys.

At any rate, the best advice I could think of for you would be to start thinking up all the situations that you as a gambler have always wondered about as far as perhaps those situations might make good bets. And then, one by one, try to figure out the sdql to describe those situations and get the results that show whether there is really a bet there.

I think it might be debatable how valuable a tool sdql is. But to me there is no debate as to whether its valuable or not. There is a set of queries I run daily just to get a quick run down on who is playing b2b, 4in5, is just back from a long road trip, etc, and that quick rundown by itself makes sdql valuable to me. But I'm also pretty sure that's just the very tip of the iceberg in terms of value.

And there is a lot of room for using your own imagination to increase the value, which makes it at the very least, quite an entertaining hobby.
Hey pip,

Thanks for the response, sorry I was MIA for a couple of days. I have gone back to KS and SDQL.com and looked over both sites and started to do some preliminary reading, I won't have time to really dive into it until Monday i can't wait. Once I realized I wasn't going to get the sheet I started going back through the thread and copying and pasting trends into a document to help in the learning process and one of the contributors of this thread was nice enough to provide me with a few of the top trends in a couple of each sport to help, so all of this should help me in the learning process.

I hear you and understand on the experienced gambler vs. experienced programmer, makes sense. At this point I need to just dive into reading and understanding everything better as I have a lot of question but not fully understanding how it works leaves me at an obvious disadvantage, so time to dive in and figure it out.

Take care and thanks for the responses.

So pip, I don't have time to go back and read through the thread and the first time I read it, it was all 90 pages in 1 night at 3 in the morning, so remind what you are doing?

Are you basically fading the trends because (betting against them) because this years has been ass backwards? Is that's what you are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by lovetobet View Post
So pip, I don't have time to go back and read through the thread and the first time I read it, it was all 90 pages in 1 night at 3 in the morning, so remind what you are doing?

Are you basically fading the trends because (betting against them) because this years has been ass backwards? Is that's what you are doing?
I want to make sure it is clear that what I am fading is my own library of queries. It's really tentative fading, with very small bets being placed. If the fading wins, then perhaps that would be house money that could be used to enlarge the bets. So this is basically just a wild-ass test balloon I am sending up in the air right now. The reason I am doing it is that the queries I have, many of which I wrote, have had around 700 plays over the past 2 months, and up to about 2 weeks ago they were losing at around a 60 percent rate. Now, since I began posting them, they have been losing at around a 54% rate, and if they keep going this way, maybe the entire accumulation of them might just be evened out at 50-50 by the end of the season. Or maybe they will veer back into losing again as the days roll forward.

So more than anything at this point I am just monitoring them with very small bets, and also trying to look for patterns among the winners and losers that might help me understand better what makes some work and what makes others fail.

Just for the record, this thread has really kind of morphed over the past year. When it started, it was about the art of making a query that would win. But there came a point when everything kind of shifted to seeing what could be accomplished by pooling all our queries together. We quickly gathered this big sheet full of queries and a lot of focus went from the art of making a query to how to manage a big query library. So we have kind of drifted a long way from where we started. I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing, but maybe we could kind of "bookmark" that morph-point, so that if the time comes when the whole sdql thing seems to be failing, we can look back to that morphing point as a possible time when things started going south...
Last edited by pip2; 02-21-15 at 10:22 PM.

Default Fade pip query library day 8

48 active queries found today, here are the fades:

mil beats atl 5 units
cle beats ny 1 unit
cle/ny O 1 unit
bos/lal U 1 unit
lal beats bos 2 units
cha/dal U 1 unit
ind beats gs 5 units
gs/ind U 1 unit
det beats wsh 7 units
wsh/det O 2 units