Login Search

NBA Stituational Bet, SDQL

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
Hello everyone,
I guess since the Trend Market started and the contribution to the sheet stopped, I will only leave the contributing members in the access group. If I delete one of the regular contributors mistakenly, let me know via PN.
Been a good ride nash! See you on the trend mart.

For the noobs that need sdql help, post away and I will help as much as possible. As for posting queries for particular plays..not on this forum!

My only concern... when we start deciding to actually fade winning SDQL queries.. that just doesn't sit right with me. I mean that's red flags being raised on the entire operation.

Also I don't get a good feeling regarding selling to the "trends market". At this point it feels like a money grab. I honestly haven't made any $$$ using NBA queries that specifically filter out unrelated noise. On a bit of a high horse here but I can't in good faith peddle the NBA queries at this point to anyone else and feel confident. No judgement being passed to those who take this path as I understand it $$$ from any source spends the same as money won from beating books. I honestly feel that the info of SDQL became public and the books adjusted accordingly. Keeping this technology on the down low (as they used to say) in hind sight may have been the better approach. But it has been a fun ride and I've enjoyed collaborating with you fellas so for me I got my money's worth!

My hope is that we can make some noise in the MLB arena this year. It may seriously be worth figuring out how we can keep a closed group to keep the information from getting public. I think if we had something setup to share a private thread with the regular core posters here we could potentially make some noise. Perhaps I'm totally off base here but wanted to present some food for thought.

No NBA sdql plays for me for at least a week after the all star game either way to allow for some semblance of normalcy for the trends.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
My only concern... when we start deciding to actually fade winning SDQL queries.. that just doesn't sit right with me. I mean that's red flags being raised on the entire operation.

Also I don't get a good feeling regarding selling to the "trends market". At this point it feels like a money grab. I honestly haven't made any $$$ using NBA queries that specifically filter out unrelated noise. On a bit of a high horse here but I can't in good faith peddle the NBA queries at this point to anyone else and feel confident. No judgement being passed to those who take this path as I understand it $$$ from any source spends the same as money won from beating books. I honestly feel that the info of SDQL became public and the books adjusted accordingly. Keeping this technology on the down low (as they used to say) in hind sight may have been the better approach. But it has been a fun ride and I've enjoyed collaborating with you fellas so for me I got my money's worth!

My hope is that we can make some noise in the MLB arena this year. It may seriously be worth figuring out how we can keep a closed group to keep the information from getting public. I think if we had something setup to share a private thread with the regular core posters here we could potentially make some noise. Perhaps I'm totally off base here but wanted to present some food for thought.

No NBA sdql plays for me for at least a week after the all star game either way to allow for some semblance of normalcy for the trends.
4 possible reasons the pip query libraries have performed so much worse than throwing a dart:

1. Simple variance that will probably swing back in the other direction with a vengeance.
2. Weird year -- how many times have you seen an otherwise awesome query showing terrible results for 2010 or 2012? Maybe this year is one of those. 2010 was another year when Lebron shifted teams...maybe that, or a shortened season, or weird injuries to too many key players throws too much uncertainty into the query picture and muddles it up.
3. Bettors were winning so much money on queries that the oddsmakers started factoring them into their calculations.
4. Nobody ever paid any attention to bad queries before -- nobody ever wanted anything to do with a bad query besides to get rid of it. Maybe the results of the pip query library so far, if they persist, are just what bad queries have always done, but nobody noticed.

But to me, none of those possibilities sheds any bad light on the art of query-making itself, or raises any red flags on the operation itself that shouldn't have already been there from the start. I think we always have to keep in mind that no matter how good any system is, the linesmakers can set any line they want to try to screw it up. Maybe you are right about keeping critical information on the down low.

Just my 2 cents here, but I seriously doubt that SDQL betting is having any significant impact on the lines oddsmakers set. I could be wrong, but it comes up all too often on forums like this. Billions of $$ are flowing thru the system and I doubt there are enough guys out there all making the same large volume bets using SDQL to influence lines in Vegas or at Pinnacle.

Oh sh*t just spent hours reading this thread because I got sucked into it and read almost the entire thread. Was hoping to be able to look at this sheet to get an idea if this was something I could attempt to start learning as it obviously seems somewhat complicated. I know a few pages back that was being offered by Nash but I'm not sure of all the language in the last 2 pages with the 'selling' going on. Is it still possible to get a copy of the sheet and take a look at it? I am very interested in seeing if this is something I can learn to do, would appreciate any help, thanks.

Out of curiosity what types of backgrounds do you guys have that are good at this is it programming? Or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by lovetobet View Post
Oh sh*t just spent hours reading this thread because I got sucked into it and read almost the entire thread. Was hoping to be able to look at this sheet to get an idea if this was something I could attempt to start learning as it obviously seems somewhat complicated. I know a few pages back that was being offered by Nash but I'm not sure of all the language in the last 2 pages with the 'selling' going on. Is it still possible to get a copy of the sheet and take a look at it? I am very interested in seeing if this is something I can learn to do, would appreciate any help, thanks.

Out of curiosity what types of backgrounds do you guys have that are good at this is it programming? Or something similar?
I really don't think programming experience is necessary. It helped me feel a little more confident about being able to eventually learn the sdql commands, because you kind of feel that if you can learn a set of C commands, for instance, then you should be able to learn these sdql commands. But the individual commands you use and the strategies you use when programming tend to be very different from what you do when you use sdql. In one respect, programming can be easier, especially with today's compilers, because they are designed to help you figure out whatever mistake you might have made. Sdql, on the other hand, tends to just tell you that you made a mistake, and you have to figure the rest out for yourself.

But when you program something you are building an entire structure and orderly procedure of commands that all have to work together to do what you need. In sdql, the structure is already there for you, and you basically just need to spit out one line of commands to describe the situation you are curious about. And that one line can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it.