129 LAC -4
109 95 75 (weak) Over 195 in SA
27 Over 208.5 in LA
26 Nets +11.5

NBA SDQL 'BEST BET' 2014-15

Posted play on 12/19 at 3:23pm
12/19/14 7:35pm Toronto Raptors -7½ -102 vs Detroit Pistons

SDQL:
A and rest>0 and streak>=2 and p:margin>9 and line<-4 and season>2000 and playoffs=0

English:
Play the away team on any rest on a winning streak where they handily won their last game and the line is spread is less than -4 in the reg season.

Notes:
This one's only hitting at about 58% but I'm confident in the edge as it has a pretty big sample size.

Posted play on 12/19 at 4:40pm
12/19/14 7:35pm Toronto Raptors -7 -113 vs Detroit Pistons

SDQL:
AF and line >=-9 and p:margin>=10 and p:division=po:division and op:HL and op:margin<=-10 and season >=1996

English:
Play the away fav on a line less than -9 where they previously won by 10 or more the opponent previously lost at home by more than 10 and the last game the team played was against a division opponent.

12/19/14 2:15pm pst Reduced Basketball 815 Portland Trail Blazers/San Antonio Spurs Over 196 -105*

SDQL:

season >= 2010 and p:FTM/p:points < .12 and 31 > game number > 16 and team not in [Bulls,Suns,Lakers,Grizzlies,Jazz,Knicks] and day not in [Tuesday,Thursday] and o:team not in [Nuggets,Wizards,Pacers,Raptors,Bulls]

SDQL: English

Since 2010, between games 16 and 31, when in the previous game a team scored less than 12% of its points from the free throw line, and if the day isn't Tuesday or Thursday, and the team isn't the Bulls, Suns, Lakers, Grizzlies, Jazz, or Knicks, and their opponent is not the Nuggets, Wizards, Pacers, Raptors, Bulls, then bet the OVER.

Note: this query itself might not be ready for prime time but it is supported by distinctly different queries created by Nash, Hyahya and Jmon. The query from Hyahya is particularly interesting because it was made to predict the OVER based on the data of one team, but in this case the query becomes active on both teams. The query from jmon is an awesome query that cost me some money in vegas a few weeks ago. The only thing that bothers me about the play is a rule jmon mentioned the other day to the effect that when all the queries support a single outcome, they usually turn out to all be wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by pip2 View Post

12/19/14 2:15pm pst Reduced Basketball 815 Portland Trail Blazers/San Antonio Spurs Over 196 -105*

SDQL:

season >= 2010 and p:FTM/points < .12 and 31 > game number > 16 and team not in [Bulls,Suns,Lakers,Grizzlies,Jazz,Knicks] and day not in [Tuesday,Thursday] and o:team not in [Nuggets,Wizards,Pacers,Raptors,Bulls]

SDQL: English

Since 2010, between games 16 and 31, when in the previous game a team scored less than 12% of its points from the free throw line, and if the day isn't Tuesday or Thursday, and the team isn't the Bulls, Suns, Lakers, Grizzlies, Jazz, or Knicks, and their opponent is not the Nuggets, Wizards, Pacers, Raptors, Bulls, then bet the OVER.

Note: this query itself might not be ready for prime time but it is supported by distinctly different queries created by Nash, Hyahya and Jmon. The query from Hyahya is particularly interesting because it was made to predict the OVER based on the data of one team, but in this case the query becomes active on both teams. The query from jmon is an awesome query that cost me some money in vegas a few weeks ago. The only thing that bothers me about the play is a rule jmon mentioned the other day to the effect that when all the queries support a single outcome, they usually turn out to all be wrong....
scary but true...happens to me all the time when you think the stars align...look the penetrate out. bol pip..sorry I lost you money in V town.

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
scary but true...happens to me all the time when you think the stars align...look the penetrate out. bol pip..sorry I lost you money in V town.
Hey, it's a great query. I had a lot more chance of winning on that query than I would have had at the craps table!

12/19/14 6:15 PM EST

Orlando -4 -105 (vs Utah) (5dimes)

AD and p:ADW and 15 <= p:margin and (2.5 <= line <= 5.5 or line = 45)
SU: 23-49 (-4.31, 31.9%)
ATS: 25-47-0 (-0.30, 34.7%) avg line: 4.0
AD and p:ADW and 15 <= p:margin <= 20 and (2.5 <= line <= 5.5 or line = 45)
SU: 11-37 (-5.81, 22.9%)
ATS: 12-36-0 (-1.74, 25.0%) avg line: 4.1
AD and p:ADW and 15 <= p:margin <= 18 and (2.5 <= line <= 5.5 or line = 45)
SU: 7-30 (-6.89, 18.9%)
ATS: 8-29-0 (-2.84, 21.6%) avg line: 4.1

Play against the away dog who won their previous game as an away dog by a large margin. Works best for 2.5 pt to 5.5 pt (or 45 pts lol) underdogs.

*The database made a mistake on this game and has the jazz as a 45 point underdog

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Vaile View Post
You sound bitter man maybe better to just watch and learn than whine about people giving you advice. No one cares what queries you bet.
Not really sure what's going on here...he asked for my opinion if I like a query of his and I gave him my opinion and apparently he didn't like it. Mako did too. I have done nothing but help, learn, grow, share my thoughts on sdql since day one. I've been through major hardships learning sdql and all I try to do is help others learn from the mistakes I made. I hope the 'king' takes him to the promise land?

12/19/14 1:21p CT

Play: MIA +6 -110

HD and P:AL and P:margin <= -10 and p:HF and p:margin <= -15

English:

Play home dogs - revenging a road loss vs opponent of 10 points or more, off an upset loss by 15 points or more as a home favorite

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
just wow..ronald. What a bad run you are on in Best Bets. One freakin point. Keep grinding you will get out of it. Look at Mako, he popped off six straight wins.
Thanks Jmon. You know it's funny, the last week, I've been doing really well in all my bets, NBA included. Just for whatever reason, the one query I like for the day that I make my best bet have tanked lol. Not to mention, when I passed on the best bet, I usually had a decent query that I liked and bet anyway but didn't make into a best bet because it was borderline, and those hit like 3/4 times lol.

Just the way lady luck goes sometimes I guess. But anyway, I got a good feeling about this one tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald S. View Post
Thanks Jmon. You know it's funny, the last week, I've been doing really well in all my bets, NBA included. Just for whatever reason, the one query I like for the day that I make my best bet have tanked lol. Not to mention, when I passed on the best bet, I usually had a decent query that I liked and bet anyway but didn't make into a best bet because it was borderline, and those hit like 3/4 times lol.

Just the way lady luck goes sometimes I guess. But anyway, I got a good feeling about this one tonight.
That's what happened to me at the start, the other bets would all win, damn Best Bet loses. Embarrassing!