Login Search

NBA Stituational Bet, SDQL

Last Post

NBA SDQL 'BEST BET' 2014-15

12/18/14 12:05pm pst NBA Basketball 506 Sacramento Kings 1st Quarter -2 -105* vs Milwaukee Bucks

SDQL:
Generic to find an applicable game: p:M3 >= 1 and (A or D) and p:L and rest = 0

For today's game to see if it is a bet: p:M3 >= 1 and (A or D) and p:L and rest = 0 and 3 < line < 9 and [M1 < -2]

SDQL: English

For the first quarter fade the away or dog team that lost just last night after holding a lead at the end of the third quarter.
Last edited by pip2; 12-18-14 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pip2 View Post

12/18/14 12:05pm pst NBA Basketball 506 Sacramento Kings 1st Quarter -2 -105* vs Milwaukee Bucks

SDQL:
Generic to find an applicable game: p:M3 >= 1 and (A or D) and p:L and rest = 0

For today's game to see if it is a bet: p:M3 >= 1 and (A or D) and p:L and rest = 0 and 3 < line < l 9 and [M1 < -2]

SDQL: English

For the first quarter fade the away or dog team that lost just last night after holding a lead at the end of the third quarter.
Pip,
I think there's an error in the query somewhere... I was excited about this one too, but if you compare the number of trues with number of falses in the following query, falses outweigh trues, which means no play...unless I got confused somewhere...

p:M3>1 and (A or D) and p:L and rest = 0 and line >0 and WP>o:WP and [M1<-2]

12/18/14 2:51p PST

Play: CHI (-12) NYK -110

SDQL:
AD and p:HDL and P:HL and P:ats margin<=-9 and P:season=season and 66>=game number>=15 and season>=2006

English:
Fading an away dog that lost their previous game at home as a dog, and also lost their last meeting against the team they're up against at home by a ton within the same season, in the meat of the season itself.
Mega points to lay, but it goes down easy once you see "New York Knicks" on the sheet...

Let's get it!

Quote Originally Posted by emceeaye View Post
Pip,
I think there's an error in the query somewhere... I was excited about this one too, but if you compare the number of trues with number of falses in the following query, falses outweigh trues, which means no play...unless I got confused somewhere...

p:M3 > 1 and (A or D) and p:L and rest = 0 and line >0 and WP > o:WP and [M1 < -2]
Sorry emceeaye, here is what I was testing with:

p:M3 >= 1 and (A or D) and p:L and rest = 0 and 3 < line < 9 and [M1 <= -2] and season>2010

this yields 28 true and 18 false but the rate is for both pushes and wins: 28-18 for 61%

if you take out the pushes it is 26-20 or 56.5%

then

p:M3 >= 1 and (A or D) and p:L and rest = 0 and 3 < line < 9 and [M1 < -2] and season > 2010 and WP > o:WP
yields 6 trues and 4 falses, not a commanding sample size but in line with a reasonable edge

but I don't think this worked before 2010, as also there is no guarantee it will keep working now. If it works today I will be at 4-2 using it, which will be a lot more awesome than being at 3-3 using it...

I probably like that query more than I should. The reason is that there very few bets I make where the difference seems to be so obvious and visible, as far as the demoralized team being a beat behind for the first few minutes, fumbling passes and rebounds they would usually grab with no problem, and missing easy shots. But its not like I have a dominating sample size and a huge hit rate to support myself with on this one...I might be just setting myself up to be taken down once again by my old arch-enemy, the law... (of probability).

Quote Originally Posted by pip2 View Post
I probably like that query more than I should. The reason is that there very few bets I make where the difference seems to be so obvious and visible, as far as the demoralized team being a beat behind for the first few minutes, fumbling passes and rebounds they would usually grab with no problem, and missing easy shots. But its not like I have a dominating sample size and a huge hit rate to support myself with on this one...I might be just setting myself up to be taken down once again by my old arch-enemy, the law... (of probability).
I hear you, and I see that slight edge... 6-4 is a bit too small a sample size to extrapolate too much from, but it is consistent with the basic query with a much larger sample size showing the edge. I'm also 3-2 on this going into today's game. I'm on it too.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by emceeaye View Post
I hear you, and I see that slight edge... 6-4 is a bit too small a sample size to extrapolate too much from, but it is consistent with the basic query with a much larger sample size showing the edge. I'm also 3-2 on this going into today's game. I'm on it too.

Good luck
Kind of quick and painless, too! Congrats, emceeaye!

NBA SDQL "Best Bet" 2014-15

Overall Group Record - 80-71-3 52.9% (+4.29) (max wagered -to win 1 unit)

Yesterday's recap 2-1 (+.90)

Official Entries: Max 10 of 10: (no particular order)

1. JMon -
14-13-1 (+.60)

2. pip2 - 16-12 (+3.28)

3. nash13 -
7-4 (+2.82)

4. Ronald S. -
9-14 (-5.83)

5. hyahya -
6-5-1 (+.45)

6. Mako-SBR -
13-13 (-1.30)

7. Heart -
4-1 (+2.92)

8. Consigliere -
8-5-1 (+2.65)

9. GolfAddict -
3-4 (-1.30)

10. Open Spot
- let me know if any one wants it!

12/19/14 11:15a PST

Play: OKC (-6.5) LAL -110

SDQL:
HD and rest>=2 and p:PTP>=30 and season>=2006

English:
Fading a rested home dog that generated 30% or more of their points in their last game via three-pointers. We've been playing this one a lot this season with mixed results, let's get it here!

Happy Friday all, BOL!
Last edited by Mako-SBR; 12-19-14 at 01:23 PM.