Login Search

NBA Stituational Bet, SDQL

Last Post

Hey guys I've been pretty hit or miss on here between travelling for work, family commitments etc but rather than doing any mining and posting BB I've been working on our automation problem. Personally, this SDQL method is an experiment for me and I am certainly not going to pay $500 for a license from the proposed software developer, nor contribute to the $2000 for the development. This is too simple a problem to have to throw that kind of money at. I'm sure this could work out really well but it's not for me.

So, I've developed an Excel tool that will develop a daily view of each matchup, will post the active trends for that matchup for that day. Basically a daily card - home team, away team, line, active trends and whether they are BACK/FADE. This is all done with a single button click. It takes about 10 minutes to cycle through all 100+ ATS trends we have. It is limited only by the time it takes to update the SDQL so really limited by the database (as proposed by the developer as well). Now this is not a standalone app, MS Excel is required to run it, and it also will be setup so that you cannot add new trends on your own. The program needs tight controls to work properly. Certainly not as flexible as the developer proposal. I can't seem to get an image to upload to show the interface but will get that up later.

This is so far setup for NBA ATS only. If this works out well, I plan on adding the OU plays and I plan to develop tools for other sports. I also plan on adding on a bunch of statistical features and historical performance of all the trends. This will be an add-in for future. I also plan on supporting this every season so that each year I will roll out the version for that year/sport.

What I'm thinking is that I will continue to run this on my own for a little bit longer to confirm everything is working correctly and then offer it up to those that want it. Now given the time commitment I have on this and also for future support I would like to charge a small fee for the tool. This is what I'm thinking and looking for feedback:

1) Basic version - daily card with active trends showing $25 per sport per season.
2) Statistical info and historical performance - all basic features + historical performances of that active trend summarized right into the daily card. $35 per sport per season.

I will include all the trends in our shared spreadsheet and will offer to put an additional 10 trends per season into it for you at no cost. Every additional trend to be added will be $1 with maybe something like 10 trends for $5 if you have a bunch to add.

These are my initial thoughts. This is certainly not a money making venture on my part, just recouping some cash for the time I have into this. I think compared to the alternatives ($500 + some part of $2000 or $2 per trend per season) this is a very reasonable price (although you may need to buy/find Excel somewhere). Let me know what you guys think and if you're interested. The last two days I've used it and like I said, it highlights everything we've been doing manually in 1 click and 10 minutes of crunching.

NBA SDQL 'BEST BET' 2014-15

12/16/14 10:15a PST

Play: OKC (-7) SAC -110

SDQL:
HD and rest>=2 and p:PTP>=30 and division!=o:division and season>=2006

English:
Simple one, basically fading a rested home dog that scored 30% or more of their total points last game via three-point shots, against a team outside of their division. BOL all!!

Been busy lately no best bet for me tonight. Sorry heart I totally mushed our play yesterday.

I think I got a good one for tomorrow though... Clippers/Pacers under
p:margin >= 19 and op:margin >= 19 and H
SU: 76-62 (1.88, 55.1%)
ATS: 59-75-4 (-1.15, 44.0%) avg line: -3.0
O/U: 47-90-1 (-3.74, 34.3%) avg total: 195.3
p:margin >= 19 and op:margin >= 19 and H and rest = 1 and o:rest = 1
SU: 25-25 (0.48, 50.0%)
ATS: 20-29-1 (-2.78, 40.8%) avg line: -3.3
O/U: 12-37-1 (-7.13, 24.5%) avg total: 192.1

NBA SDQL "Best Bet" 2014-15

Overall Group Record - 78-65-3 54.5% (+8.81) (max wagered -to win 1 unit)

Yesterday's recap 3-0 (+3.00) solid day!!

Official Entries: Max 10 of 10: (no particular order)

1. JMon -
14-12-1 (+1.70)

2. pip2 - 15-11 (+3.33)

3. nash13 -
7-4 (+2.82)

4. Ronald S. -
9-13 (-4.78)

5. hyahya -
6-5-1 (+.45)

6. Mako-SBR -
13-11 (+.90)

7. Heart -
3-1 (+1.92)

8. Consigliere -
8-4-1 (+3.77)

9. GolfAddict -
3-4 (-1.30)

10. Open Spot
- let me know if any one wants it!

NBA SDQL 'BEST BET' 2014-15

12/17/14 5:50am pst Reduced Basketball 707 Dallas Mavericks/Detroit Pistons Under 203½ -105*

SDQL:

A and tA(assists) > oA(assists) and tA(rebounds) < oA(rebounds) and tA(FTA) < oA(FTA) and tA(blocks) > oA(blocks) and tA(FGP) > oA(FGP) and tA(TPP) > oA(TPP) and tA(TO) < oA(TO) and o:rest!=2 and season > 2006 and (194 > total or total > 198)

SDQL: English

Since 2006, 2 teams with different personalities defined by their season-long relative tendencies meeting today. dal excels in passing the ball with fewer turnovers, blocking more shots, and shooting a higher field goal percentage. det grabs more rebounds and has rested for any length of time besides 2 days. The total for the game is at 203.5, above the 198 stipulation of the query. These two teams should go under.

My own creation:

team=Grizzlies and A and rest=0 and o:rest>0 and t:conference=o:conference and o:WP>66.7 and season>=2007

English: Grizzlies in a back to back on the road against a conference opponent who has won at least two thirds of their games season to date who is coming off at least one day of rest, looking back to 2007.

Taking Grizzlies + points.