Login Search

NBA Stituational Bet, SDQL

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
What exactly are you talking about?
Well my thought was that the bigger favs might perform differently in round one game sevens versus just blindly going with home favs as I'd normally do, so adding the -4.5 or more line parameter to my query luckily excluded Portland from being bet on as they were only laying 3...which prevented the betting loss on them today (i.e., didn't make the bet as Portland wasn't a big enough fav).

Looks like San Antonio is going to keep the scenario it going (hopefully), which means the query will finish at 3-1, losing only the Clippers game by 2.

Huge winning weekend when combined with MLB, gotta love SDQL.

EDIT: JAnthony corrected me, was referring to TORONTO in this post, not freaking PORTLAND lol.
Last edited by Mako-SBR; 05-04-14 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mako-sbr View Post
well my thought was that the bigger favs might perform differently in round one game sevens versus just blindly going with home favs as i'd normally do, so adding the -4.5 or more line parameter to my query luckily excluded portland from being bet on as they were only laying 3...which prevented the betting loss on them today (i.e., didn't make the bet as portland wasn't a big enough fav).

Looks like san antonio is going to keep the scenario it going (hopefully), which means the query will finish at 3-1, losing only the clippers game by 2.

Huge winning weekend when combined with mlb, gotta love sdql.
portland?

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
portland?
Ha! I've been doing that all day, goddamnit, Toronto!

Sorry about that, my brain for some reason is dyslexic on those two teams.

Going to go to 20-6 if the Spurs win today, we'll have to remember to do this again next year. Too bad Round 1 game 7s are relatively rare.

SU: 23-2 (12.08, 92.0%)
ATS: 19-6-0 (4.82, 76.0%) avg line: -7.3
O/U: 11-14-0 (-3.03, 44.0%) avg total: 187.5

Default series games 1 rounds 2 and 3

playoffs = 1 and 4 > round > 1 and series game = 1 and tS(W, N=5)<4 and H and p:series game>5

The "tS" is telling us how teams have done when winning less than 3 or less games out of their last 5.

When teams have been in long series (>=6 games) they tend not to play well in the first game of the series at home.

Versus Pacers, Spurs and Thunder.
Last edited by green7; 05-05-14 at 05:09 PM.

Default No worries 46

Felt good about both plays yesterday going in....as point guards and head coaches are the most important factors in modern day NBA betting. Huge advantages in both categories for both Wiz and Clips. Both those teams should win their series within 5 or 6 games.

The SDQL query strongly favors Trailblazers tonight, but the coach and the point guard advantage are not there....so tread more carefully than last night.

The last query of a playoff home favorite off a sweep playing a team off a 7 game series is pretty significant as well.

A side note that teams in the top ten of PER offensive efficiency (as per ESPN stats) are 27-12 to the OVER in the playoffs.

Those top ten teams are the Clippers, Thunder, Spurs, Trailblazers, Mavericks, Rockets, Raptors and Heat.

Most good teams are pushing it, rather than waiting to face zone defenses and there has never been better shooting in the NBA than there is now. It's translating to overs.

Good fortune.
Last edited by green7; 05-06-14 at 04:40 PM.

Default Interesting query

playoffs = 1 and p:FGP - po:FGP > 10 and p:HW and HF and series game = 2

playoffs = 1 and p:TPP<35 and AD and p:ADL and series game=2 and round>1 and op:M2>10

These favor the OVER in SA/Por game 2.

playoffs = 1 and p:TPP-po:TPP>10 and p:AW and AD and series game=2
Last edited by green7; 05-07-14 at 04:44 AM.

Default series history

In rounds greater than round 1, if the road team wins game one, (Wiz, Clippers) they have won 11 series and lost 10 since 2002. The who wins website in the history of the NBA has the first game away winner winning the series only about 55% of the time.

When home teams win the first game, (Spurs, Heat) the historical percentage of that team winning its series is 67%.

pp:series game=1 and pp:ADW and p:ADL and HF and p:TPP<36 and series game=3 and po:TPP<36

Note the straight up margin of victory in the above query.

Since 2002, the team that won game 1 and lost game 2 both on the road, have won 6 out of the 10 series.

I am taking the Wizards to win the series....I got them at -108. It is my biggest bet of the playoffs. They have advantages at every position, a bench advantage and a coaching advantage. They have tested playoff veterans on the bench though their back court is young. Unless Paul George or Ray Hibbert take over for their team and dominate games the Pacers can not win the series and I am putting up a good amount of money with the expectation that they won't.

Roy Hibbert had a great game in game 2....perhaps it will continue, but I don't think so. Love the fact that the Wizards are a very good road team, that their point guard is much better than the Pacers, that they are more athletic, and they are better shooters.

Good fortune everyone.